Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
BitterSkittles

Default Stretch Marks? BUT I'M SO YOUNG! - 08-01-2008, 07:39 PM

Hey people! Yeah so, I'm kinda embarrased to talk about it, but I'm 13 years old and I started getting a few stretchmarks on the sides of my upper thighs, and I'm supper skinny, so I really don't know why I have them (no offense to girls who are considered "large"). I guess you can't really notice them from a distance because when I wear my bikini at the pool, no one really seems to notice. But I still feel really embarrased. I talked to my mom but she says that stretchmarks aren't "cureable". I get hot as heck in gym class because I'm to embarrased to wear short shorts like everyone else, afriad that everyone will see them. Is this a normal thing? Do other girls as young as me or even younger get stretchmarks? Should I talk to my doctor about it? Why is this happening to me? PLEASE REPLY! Thank you!

Last edited by BitterSkittles : 08-01-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 08-01-2008, 09:01 PM

Stretch makrs are caused by your skin stretching and tearing inside, to put it simply. Its caused by weight gain, loss, and simply growing a lot really quickly. Don't be embarassed, it is completely normal. When I was younger than you I started developing them and still am in strange places, like near my belly button. Mine is a more extreme case though.

While they aren't "curable", you can help your skin heal back together so that they fade out of existence. A simple thing to do is rub lotion with Vitamin E into them combined with cocoa butter. If that doesn't work, you could take vitamin E in the form of capsules or even break them open and rub the oil directly on them. In most cases that will help, but it isn't immediate. You'll have to wait a few weeks to months for them to fade and there's no guarantee that they will go away. Finally, if that doesn't work, I suggest going to see a dermatologist. There is medicine they can give for extreme cases to help them fade.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Doctorwho_gal (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 08-09-2008, 11:26 AM

They aren't anything to worry about, I guess most teenagers get them because they are growing quickly. I have some on my tummy and back.

There is a theory which states that if ever
anybody discovers exactly what the Universe
is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something
even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

- Douglas Adams
(#4 (permalink))
Old
AdeeJade_x (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-09-2008, 11:45 AM

I have them on the top of my thighs but you can only see them when i've got out of a hot shower or something. I know they are usually from gaining or losing weight quickly but i haven't done either. I have gained a stone in the last couple of months but just looking at me you cant tell. i think it's cause i got taller.

Im 14 and got them about 3 months ago. They are horrible and purple and i hate them. I think it might be because i got tall pretty uickly (from 5" to 5"5 in abotu 5 months?)

--
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 08-09-2008, 06:21 PM

Growing that fast does cause them too. In fact, when they are purple it indicates that they are trying to heal. I have purple and white ones on my hips since they widened out very quickly, the white ones are healed and scar tissue while the purple are still healing.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#6 (permalink))
Old
CherryCherryBoomBoom__ (Offline)
Shuni

Default 08-10-2008, 12:25 PM

i got them... i never show my body to people. i cant stand it its so embarassing to me. i;ve tried like bio oil and all that jazz but it doesnt work bor me.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
brokehalo7 (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: Not Rated
Send a message via AIM to brokehalo7
Default 08-27-2008, 02:37 PM

i also have them on my thighs. and on my ****s. whichis lovley (no low cut clothing or revealing swimsuits aloud)

We only do it for the scars and stories not for fame.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
cssdy_7 (Offline)
Silent

Default 03-16-2009, 10:37 AM

I've had them for a whiiiiile and they are very annoying. They can be caused by just growing and getting older. They will go away eventually :]

(#9 (permalink))
Old
teamjacobrulestheschool

Default 12-27-2009, 12:06 AM

i hate to admit it but i have them 2 .its on my sides because im a ittle overweight and i had a huge growth spurt in 4th grade.i grew 6 in!so thats were my came from