Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Health Forum (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/)
-   -   Stretch Marks? BUT I'M SO YOUNG! (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/19252-stretch-marks-but-im-so-young.html)

BitterSkittles 08-01-2008 07:39 PM

Stretch Marks? BUT I'M SO YOUNG!

Hey people! Yeah so, I'm kinda embarrased to talk about it, but I'm 13 years old and I started getting a few stretchmarks on the sides of my upper thighs, and I'm supper skinny, so I really don't know why I have them (no offense to girls who are considered "large"). I guess you can't really notice them from a distance because when I wear my bikini at the pool, no one really seems to notice. But I still feel really embarrased. I talked to my mom but she says that stretchmarks aren't "cureable". I get hot as heck in gym class because I'm to embarrased to wear short shorts like everyone else, afriad that everyone will see them. Is this a normal thing? Do other girls as young as me or even younger get stretchmarks? Should I talk to my doctor about it? Why is this happening to me? PLEASE REPLY! Thank you! :mrgreen:

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 08-01-2008 09:01 PM

Stretch makrs are caused by your skin stretching and tearing inside, to put it simply. Its caused by weight gain, loss, and simply growing a lot really quickly. Don't be embarassed, it is completely normal. When I was younger than you I started developing them and still am in strange places, like near my belly button. Mine is a more extreme case though.

While they aren't "curable", you can help your skin heal back together so that they fade out of existence. A simple thing to do is rub lotion with Vitamin E into them combined with cocoa butter. If that doesn't work, you could take vitamin E in the form of capsules or even break them open and rub the oil directly on them. In most cases that will help, but it isn't immediate. You'll have to wait a few weeks to months for them to fade and there's no guarantee that they will go away. Finally, if that doesn't work, I suggest going to see a dermatologist. There is medicine they can give for extreme cases to help them fade.

Doctorwho_gal 08-09-2008 11:26 AM

They aren't anything to worry about, I guess most teenagers get them because they are growing quickly. I have some on my tummy and back.

AdeeJade_x 08-09-2008 11:45 AM

I have them on the top of my thighs but you can only see them when i've got out of a hot shower or something. I know they are usually from gaining or losing weight quickly but i haven't done either. I have gained a stone in the last couple of months but just looking at me you cant tell. i think it's cause i got taller.

Im 14 and got them about 3 months ago. They are horrible and purple and i hate them. I think it might be because i got tall pretty uickly (from 5" to 5"5 in abotu 5 months?)

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 08-09-2008 06:21 PM

Growing that fast does cause them too. In fact, when they are purple it indicates that they are trying to heal. I have purple and white ones on my hips since they widened out very quickly, the white ones are healed and scar tissue while the purple are still healing.

CherryCherryBoomBoom__ 08-10-2008 12:25 PM

i got them... i never show my body to people. i cant stand it its so embarassing to me. i;ve tried like bio oil and all that jazz but it doesnt work bor me.

LancasterPrincess 08-10-2008 10:57 PM

I have them too, and what's bad for me is that I have them everywhere! They're on my arms, my thighs my waist, and the part I hate the most: my bo.obs! I grew too quickly and got landed with those ugly marks. I hear if you rub that scar cream on them daily that it'll lessen the appearance or get rid of them all together if they're new...I haven't tried it yet, but I will be when I remember to buy the stuff, lol. :mrgreen:

Cookie_Crumps 08-11-2008 12:29 AM

i am not sure about the product here it is it might help you:
Stretch Marks Treatment, Stretch Mark Removal
and here is something for you to make stretch marks less noticeable:
Stretch Marks

Dolly_mae 08-11-2008 10:56 AM

I got tons. I think its because i'm losing weight. I got the on my thies one down there.

TechnoMayhem 08-18-2008 09:04 AM

I have them on my chest and legs.
Everyone gets them.
Just use cocoa butter, they go away.
:3
Don't be embarrassed.
I'm pretty sure everyone else has them too.
I have seen guys get them too.
xD