Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Health Forum (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/)
-   -   Death (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/19208-death.html)

delly1 07-28-2008 05:31 PM

Death

Seeing as this has not already been posted today I wish to bring up this some what harder topic.Death is the termination of the biological functions that define living organisms.what defines something that is living you ask?
Well we all think that if you breath,have a pulse,have some form of movement we are considered living which is false. For a human's point of view on living that fits us to a minor extent but there is so much more then just those simple factors.
Some other factors are:

1)living organisms can reproduce

2)living organisms are composed of chemicals(gernally carbon based ie organic chemicals like in our genetic information such as amino acid

3)living organisms aquire materials and energy.

4) Living Organisms Sense & Respond to Environmental Stimuli.

5) Living Organisms Have the Capacity to Mutate and genetic mutations are the fundamental basis of evolutionary change as driven by natural selection

6) Life exhibits organization at many levels
ex-subatomic part. -> atom-> molecule->cell parts->tissues->organs-->organ systems---->individuals---> populations--->communities--->ecosystems

We all know what death is and all feel about it in the same way .I am posting this how shall I say it mournful topic due to the fact my mother is not well. She has Pulmonary Fibrosis which is a chronic disease causing inflammation and scarring of the alveoli (air sacs) and interstitial tissues of the lungs. Pulmonary fibrosis is the abnormal formation of fibre-like scar tissue in the lungs. The scar formation is preceded by, and associated with, inflammation.

This chronic disease will soon be the death of my mother as she is terribly ill. I can't wiat to go sww her in Canada this week for I need to be by her side. I know all of you have came across people with illnesses be it family or friends or even a celebrity. Never the less its a fact of life we all have to push our way through.

I lost a lot of close lives. When I was age of nine I experienced my first death when my grandma died in the hospital for she had stomach cancer and seeing that with my own two eyes shattered a lot for me. then I went through my 2nd death of a best friend who was kill while he was riding on his bike by a car. my 3rd was my auntie on my 16th birthday, she died of a heart attack. My cat died 2 days after that. Also my grandma on my moms side past away from a heart attack as well. and now my dearest mother</3
I would love to have people to spill out their heart ache on the very special people the lost and or loseing at this present point and time for I understand what you are going through as well.

Miranda_ 07-28-2008 05:43 PM

My heart still aches for my granny and my good friend James (not his real name) who both died in the month of March. My granny died about three years ago; James this year.

LancasterPrincess 07-28-2008 08:16 PM

I've experiences a few deaths too. In the past year though are the two that hurt the most: My grandfather and my cat.

My grandfather died of cancer and sadly he died on his daughter's (my mom's) birthday. And my cat which I had since I was 1 year old died (I'm now 19). My cat's death was hard not only because I had him so long, but I think it hurt a lot more that I wasn't there to be with him. I was moving around a lot 2 years ago and because he was so old I couldn't take him with me, so for his 2 last years I never got to see him and I regret that a lot.

I'm not good at accepting death at all and that's really bad, I know. But since I only ever saw my grandfather while I was young, I really haven't accepted him as "gone" yet. It still feels like he's just living in another state.
And as for my cat, I adopted another one that looks just like him and named it after him. So even though I know it's not true, I like to think that Spooky (my first cat) has been re-incarnated into my kitten Spooky Jr.

Aside from the most painful deaths that I have experienced, I've been through 3 more. The first was when I was 5 years old and it was my Great Grandfather. Despite how young I was I remember him an awful lot, and I remember the night he died and I remember his funeral. The second one was another Great Grandfather, and he died when I was in middle school. I remember him well and his death and funeral. And the last one was the death of a friend.

I'm sorry for what you're going through, and I hope you make it to Canada soon.

Miranda_ 07-28-2008 08:29 PM

It was James' death that hurt me the most; my granny was old and passed away peacefully in her sleep. James was killed in an accident when a lorry hit his motorbike. It was just so unfair, and I'm still angry about it now; even tho it was proven that it was just a tragic accident, it's still not fair that someone that good should die like that, so young.

iluvdolphin6 07-29-2008 02:23 PM

she says "i remeber when my grandmother passed away. we were at her funeral. i was young so i did not believe my mother when she said, "she is dead". i would not except the fact that she really was dead. so my mother said," fine, go up and touch her. if she is warm she is alive, if she is cold she is dead." i went up and touched her cheek. she was ice cold.":cry:

Silent_Wolf 07-29-2008 03:30 PM

I haven't lost a close family member since I lost my great-aunt on my mother's side back in... 2005? It was on an Easter, too. A death we're trying to prepare for is my aunt Kathy's; she has pancreatic cancer, has had it for years now without knowing it, and the doctor gave her a pretty grim prognosis. I didn't even know her name before last year; she wasn't really invited to any of the family reunions, because she and my grandpa didn't get along anymore.

When she found out about it, I don't think she was very surprised; their mother had died of the same exact thing a looong time ago. She's on a lot of different pain medication now, and she's able to walk without her walker sometimes (a lot of her pain's in her back now), and she's now in a nursing home. She's a really sweet lady; I don't know how her siblings are gonna take it. I'm not sure how I'll take it; I barely know her.

spirit_queen 07-29-2008 04:02 PM

It's not just human death but animal death that touches people.

The death iny my family was my grandpa on m dad's side; he was the one who had started calling me 'Tara Mae' rather than just 'Tara', and Tara Mae was the only name I went by as a kid; I even rudely told the kindergarted teacher that. XD Though I didn't cry, I was sad. I believe I was eleven when that happened.

Then came my cat Kiki. She was an old, OLD calico cat. So old that where normal calicos had black orange and white blotches, Kiki's fur was grey, peach and white. It was Palm Sunday, and my family was going out to dinner; suddenly Kiki let out a long, painful-sounding wail and had what looked a lot like a seizure on the ground. She peed on the spot, and it was full of blood; kidney failure.

Then ym Great Aun't died. she was pretty cool; she was stick-thin, had one foot and was in a wheel-chair yet could joke about it all. she was also and amazing painter.

Latest was my dog Samantha; I'd had her since around age two, so the death of her still hurts a bit; I still expect to see her wagging her tail and barking a hellow at me when I come home from somewhere.

TheHayleyDoll 07-29-2008 04:25 PM

I know what it's like to lose an animal you've lived with basically your entire life.

Just over one year ago today, I lost my cat Tuffy. He was a 17 when he died. He lived a long time, yes. And he was older then I was. When I was just a baby, my parents put him in my crib to see what would happen (they watched, to make sure he didn't suffocate me because apparently cats do that to little babies if they aren't watched) and he jumped right out. He was always there for me when I was sick, and I swear he had a billion more lives then most cats.

He was an outdoor cat, and 17 is a long time for them to live. He was hit by a car not one, but twice, and survived that. He fought all the time (hence his name, Tuffy). He got so sick one time that he couldn't move and just laid in one place (yes, he pooped and peed in that spot so we had to clean it up everyonce and a while. So, we all said our goodbye since we were going to put him down the next morning. He was 12 at the time. However, the next day, he came up the stairs, tail waging up in the air, with a happy spring in his step It was a miracle to me. I was crying like CRAZY. He meant so much to me.

Then, 5 years after that, he started acting funny. He didn't use his litter box, he was deaf, his fur was turning a greyish colour even though he was usually orange, lost the majority of her teeth (he only had one fang left, so when he ate, he ate on the good side of his mouth) and he was blind in one eye (and slowly losing the other too). We decided it was time for us to rid him of the pain and we put him down.

Also, in 2001 (or was it 2000?), I lost my grandma (my dad's mom). She was the most kind lady. She died of a stroke (she wasn't the thinnest person around, she was Polish and that area of Europe loves to eat. And she had diabetes). My brother and I had been over at her house for March Break and on a cold Thursday morning, she was found dead. She didn't die in her sleep though. She woke up, didn't feel so well so she didn't get out of bed, and she had the stroke then. My grandfather still regrets not waking her up earlier (she had been sleeping in my brother's room at their place with him that night) because usually, she was up around 6am. He blames himself for not realizing that something could have been wrong.

Every day that week, she would check on Shadow, their cat. She was pregnant and I was promised the pick of the litter. The kittens were born that morning, and now I have my cat Sam to remind me of my darling grandmother.

delly1 07-30-2008 08:48 PM

my mom died today. I I o my god! I dont know . I lost the most important human being today. Im just speechless. I am going there to Canada tommorow to be there with my sisters and with my father I cant believe this :(:cry:

KiraIMustBeInvisible 07-31-2008 01:02 PM

Oh my god. That\'s horrible. I\'m really sorry about your mom. My cousin died in a car crash in 2005. I still haven\'t fully gotten over it...but in my opinion, death is just another adventure. We all really miss our loved ones, but sometimes it better to think of them than us. What if they\'re much happier now? I know everyone says that, but sometimes you have to take the time and really think about what that means.