Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Health Forum (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/)
-   -   surgery (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/17896-surgery.html)

xomusicluvaa 02-23-2008 10:36 PM

surgery

has any one here had surgery? if so on what and why?

i've had to get surgery on my ears *getting tubes put in* twice. the first time when i was five and the second when i was ten. when i was five i used to get ear infections so bad that i would have to go the the emergancy room and my doctor told me i used to get about 7 a year! when i was ten i was going deaf. ug that week when i was ten was the worst week of my life. after the surgery i some how got the stomach bug and the after afects of the anistetics only made it worse. i thought i was going to die and i was out for 2 weeks it was that bad. i ended up back in the hostpital.
last summer *the tubes were supposed 2 fall out 5 months later. and of course this was the week i was supposed 2 go 2 six flags * my ear was leaking this weird discharge so my mother took me to the doctor to see what was wrong. the tube was stuck in my ear and the scar tissue was making it worse. they had 2 use this thing to take it out and it REALLY hurt and made me bleed wich of course lead to me fainting (i cant look at blood). the tube looked like a piece of macaroni!

Kiani 02-24-2008 06:10 AM

I had my tonsils out. Then my appendix. A pin and plate in my ankle. Then a gastroscopy, when nothing was found in that and I kept having problems I had an exploratory laporotamy.

I have lots of scars. :-D

Silent_Wolf 02-24-2008 05:23 PM

I've never had surgery, *knock on wood*. Closest I've ever come to having surgery (or nearly having to get it) would be the time I had to go to the hospital last August; I was so sick I actually puked up my cold medicine, and I was having horrible headaches and a high fever and stomach pains like WOAHH. Turned out it was just my cyst acting up, not my appendix.

Even though I hate being a girl at times, knowing it was my cyst was an IMMENSE relief. xD

AaronShadows 02-24-2008 05:36 PM

The closest thing for me was having, like half my ear stiched back on. I mean jeez! And the nurse practically bent me in half too, And stopped me breathing! And when I went crazy about it later, she acted like she'd been barely holding onto me, I still seeth with rage about that.

xomusicluvaa 02-24-2008 06:00 PM

yeah know when ever i get ear infections now my mom and i are like OH NO!
ug i hate my ears some times

EYExLINER 05-29-2008 01:03 AM

Yes,i Had a surgery in my ears because of The Weather.

delly1 05-29-2008 11:41 PM

really weather can affect one's health? My professor lied to me! dam poo face. He stated that its not possible for a illness to arise from the weather but could possibly worsen it or help trigor it faster.

Silent_Wolf 05-30-2008 06:23 AM

Your professor's a bit daft. O_o If you stay out in the rain long enough, you can definitly get sick from it. Same with the snow and with the heat.

Example, where I live the weather has been going from chilly to hot and humid to mild hot to mild cold to hot again then back to regular middle temperatures. People have been getting sick with colds, ear infections, and other problems as a result of the weather messing with their immune systems.

Miranda_ 05-30-2008 01:52 PM

It's not farfetched at all that weather could affect health. For example, humidity triggers off my migraine; and always has done. When I first started getting them, I had to keep a diary of food etc so the doctor could see what was causing them. No food triggers, but my attacks coincided with the humidity. So all I can do is make sure I drink plenty of water on humid days and carry codine around with me in case I get a migraine at work so as to fend it off til I get home.

There's also a plethora of illness caused by the sun; cancer, sunstroke, heatstroke, sunburn... and the sun counts as weather. Also, extreme cold can cause frostbite.

LexxaLovee_ 09-13-2008 05:53 PM

Ive had my apendix out too o___o
And my tonsils..but the tonsils was when i was five or six.