Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Health Forum (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/)
-   -   scoliosis (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/17671-scoliosis.html)

pinka11421142 02-03-2008 08:36 PM

scoliosis

I have scoliosis. It's been moving really fast its already 15 degrees, and I'm only 12. I also haven't started my period or my growth sprout. My doctor says it's going to get worse when i actually start my growth sprout. I really dont want to wear a brace. If it gets to 20 degrees i need a brace.

Does anyone have scoliosis. And can it get better with any yoga or something.

Kiani 02-04-2008 01:52 AM

I dont have scoliosis but a friend of mine does.

You HAVE to wear the brace, yoga wont do anything for it, yoga is for muscles and breathing, nothing to do with your bones.

I had a back injury and had to wear a back brace for quite some time, you get used to it.

Silent_Wolf 02-04-2008 12:48 PM

I don't have scoliosis either, but a girl from my school does; she's over a 20 degree, but refuses to get a brace because it's not fashionable. Doesn't matter if it's fashionable or not, you still need one if scoliosis gets that bad.

IcePrincess48 02-13-2008 03:53 PM

I have scoliosis, but it isn't that bad.
It was 13 degrees off.
Also, it used to be worse than it is now, but it got better since I had to go to physical therapy or I might have had to have surgery.
I went to this one doctor and they said that my back is somewhat fine and I will never (unless it hurts) have to get it looked at again.
I have seen some people on TV that have it soo bad that it sticks out of their back.
Oww! That would hurt!
Especally if they had to get the brace.
I would suggest that you can maybe go to a physical therapist or do any sports that would help it.

xomusicluvaa 02-13-2008 06:25 PM

my friend has it. she had it so bad at one point that she had 2 get surgery. once she got it tho she was only at 12 degrees (instead of 25 *i think thats what she sed..*). now she only wears a brace when she plays sports. the doctor says she doesnt really need to wear it unless it hurts but she doesnt want it to get bad again so she wears it during gym and only occasionally in school.

Brittanybrit123123 02-19-2008 04:41 PM

yup. i belive i have it it hurts my back i have really bad sleeping problems, its really bad.

pinka11421142 02-19-2008 09:24 PM

I know it hurts like crazy, especially when i go to sleep. And the worst thing is my mom doesn't even believe me that it hurts. It so annoying

Coloured_Dreams 02-20-2008 03:38 PM

Well, that means your Mum doesn't know the seriousness of the condition. I don't know anyone with it, but I do know someone who's developing rickets.

pinka11421142 03-03-2008 08:31 PM

heres a cool site/form webiste i found. it helped me alot. if anyone was wondering i went to the doctors and i need a brace, and surgery. :(

the website is: National Scoliosis Foundation

Sukey 03-03-2008 10:59 PM

I have it too, Theres a new soft brace that doesn't show at all under clothes and it doesn't hurt at all in fact i'm getting one on the 13th!
I'm 13, I have a 40 degree's
I'm waiting until im 16 to have the surgery.