Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 07-07-2009, 01:23 PM

Congratulatioms :3

If I donated blood I'd end up poisoning whoever got it >.<

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-21-2009, 04:09 PM

I finally got my freakin' donor card. XD After about three months, finally got it. They are REALLY backed up at the Central Blood Bank, which is why it took so long. By all logic, it's been more than six weeks therefore I can donate again.

I'm O+. ^___^ Just like my dad.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 09-21-2009, 07:40 PM

Congrats! Its a wonderful thing you are doing, donating blood Who knows what life you might save one day with it.

I encourage everyone who is old enough to do so and medically able to do the same, at least once or twice a year. Its a great thing and you never know what can happen. It may be your life one day that is saved from a blood donation.

I think maybe I'll include some information on it in the next announcement, it might be a good way to jump start some activism among you guys.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#34 (permalink))
Old
antimaie (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 12 Votes / 3.83 Average
Send a message via AIM to antimaie Send a message via Yahoo to antimaie
Default 09-21-2009, 07:48 PM

If I was old enough, I would donate it, but I'm not allowed to.

Apparntly everyone's blood looks like donuts, and mine looks like potatoes. (Yeh, thats how the doctor explained it to me. xD) Adn because of that, I'm not allowed to because it's not the right kind of blood. :P

I totally would if I was old enough and could though.

baby, you got me. ♥
(#35 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-24-2009, 08:49 AM

I'm not going to get a phobia attack when I see a needle, but I do feel a little faint and I'm not sure if I should be the one to donate my blood.
I'd do it, really, but I gotta get used to the fact that blood does not signify...
Anyway, I'm not scared of it, I just feel reallyweak when I think about giving away pints of blood.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-24-2009, 04:39 PM

Actually, you only donate 1 pint per visit. And sometimes, you don't even give away all of that pint; my uncle for example used to donate platelets (the stuff that lets your blood clot), and they'd hook both his arms up to a machine that would take his blood, filter out platelets and then give him his blood back. Sans platelets. XD

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-24-2009, 05:25 PM

I know I should, but I really can't. I have terrible needlephobia, and I'd faint or be sick if I saw a needle. Even when I've had dental needles, I've had to calm myself down and shut my eyes for ages before. My dentist is very patient with me, but I'm not sure I could trust anyone else to give me an injection.

My parents both give blood, tho my mum had to give it up for a while cuz of anaemia.

(#38 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-19-2009, 04:00 PM

I donated again today for a school drive. ^_^ My iron was almost not high enough. Because I'm shorter than the average 17 year old, my iron allowance is a bit lower than average too; 12.5. I was literally on that number when they checked my iron. XD

Halestorm
(#39 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 09-07-2010, 06:12 PM

Just donated blood today at the local library. The first time I did it, it was as if nothing out of the ordinary happened; I continued my school day as normal. But this time, my legs went numb. O.o Dunno why. But walking back home seemed to help it, and now I'm only tired... and I was last time, too, so I'll consider that normal.

(#40 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-08-2010, 08:11 AM

Sleepiness/drowsiness is normal, yes. ^^

Halestorm