Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
xPapercut (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 10-14-2007, 09:57 AM

NO.
FULL STOP.

I'm sorry, I have a needle phobia too. I just can't bear having it jabbed into me regularly. Jabs (shots) are alright, because I know it's doing me good. *shivers*

sugar_snow_fairy with a new account since my old one was deleted. Please add me again if you're my friend. =]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 10-14-2007, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theusedangel View Post
Emo's get adrenaline rushes from cutting I get it from donating.
Can you not make references to cutting and emos again? I have big problems with stereotypes being associated with certain health problems, especially a serious one like self harm. </sorta-rant>

I can't give blood because I'm iron deficient, though I wish I could. I think giving blood is a great thing to do and I'm sad that a medical condition keeps me from doing it.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
LilMizZC3rTify3d (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via AIM to LilMizZC3rTify3d
Default 10-14-2007, 08:49 PM

Yah my mother is anemic so she can't donate blood either.....

In florida you have to be 16 or older to be able to donate blood and If you are under 18 then you need a parent signature....

My mom would always be ask why I'm always donating blood and when I say its for a good cause... She furrows her eyebrows with skepticism until I say I can be excused form 3 periods of class....then she laughs at me!

But Its good to donate blood (when you can) .. I feel like Im saving someone's life....even though I feel drained and tired after the procedure but Its worth it (at least I think so)

(#14 (permalink))
Old
playinwlightnin (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 10-14-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty View Post
Can you not make references to cutting and emos again? I have big problems with stereotypes being associated with certain health problems, especially a serious one like self harm. </sorta-rant>

Oh sorry, my bad!!

Last edited by Miranda_ : 05-19-2009 at 04:49 PM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 10-15-2007, 05:28 PM

Its okay, just don't do it again

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#16 (permalink))
Old
beware_toxic_baby_gurl (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 1 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 10-15-2007, 08:32 PM

I would..but i would probably pass out.I went to the hospital for blood once and they like had to tie me ot hte chair becasue i was feeling top-heavy. i want to but they would have to put me asleep to take blood lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty View Post
I can't give blood because I'm iron deficient, though I wish I could. I think giving blood is a great thing to do and I'm sad that a medical condition keeps me from doing it.
Oh snap, you cant give blood if your iron deficient...lol I loose blood alot and was told to me by a doc that i have low iron so i guess i cant give blood

..Sorry i dint use the edit i dint think you could quote if you did

Last edited by Miranda_ : 10-16-2007 at 07:22 AM.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
xomusicluvaa (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via AIM to xomusicluvaa
Default 10-20-2007, 10:23 AM

i cant give blood, im needle phobic to the point where i fainted when i got my finger *****ed for a diabeetes check. and i fainted in science last yr when we were watching a video and it showed a girl giving blood and there was a needle. so yeah.

( M E ) J E S S I C A ( M E )
(NOUN)- ANNOYING 13 YEAR OLD GIRL WHO DOESN'T GIVE A CRUD WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT HER. ALSO SEE: TWILIGHT FREAK, FLYLEAF FAN, PARAMORE FAN, AND BOOK WORM.
Avi credit to
-- XSabaXx

ohmigod look it's my website!
lets all click the link!!!

thanks delly for the button!

(#18 (permalink))
Old
Kiani (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 01-20-2008, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theusedangel View Post
  • If you just got a tattoo wait a bout 72 hours (3 days) or more before donating.
Youre actually not allowed to donate for 12 months after getting a tattoo (or piercing) because some strains of hepatitis take 12 months to show up and if the needles used werent sterilised correctly its a risk of passing on the disease to the recipient, if someone told you 72 hours you need to report them to which ever state you live in's medical board, its false information which could be a public health risk.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
coolncute411

Smile 01-27-2008, 03:03 PM

hehe.
i remember my friend (22) was gonna donate blood. first he told me oh there's NOTHING to worry about but when he came in there he saw the freaking large needle, he put 400 bucks on the table and ran away...XD good times.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Doctorwho_gal (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 03-11-2008, 11:47 AM

I would love to give blood but 14 is too young , I know.. I also don't see why more people donate organs , whats better in your death than giving someone else life? Its also a sure fire way people don't forget you when you die xD

There is a theory which states that if ever
anybody discovers exactly what the Universe
is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something
even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

- Douglas Adams