Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default LICE!!! What's a way to kill them? - 10-01-2007, 07:56 PM

Lately, I've been hearing alot of people tell me their stories about lice. I thought it was a bit weird, having little bugs crawl on your head.
Just in case, what's a good way to get rid of them?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-01-2007, 08:06 PM

Get a chemical headlice shampoo from the chemist, or if you prefer a natural alternative, get tea tree oil. Follow the instructions; usually, you have to leave it on the child's head for a certain time. Then take a fine toothed comb and comb thru the hair. The lice will come away on the comb, as will the "nits"; the egg cases. Comb til none come away. You might want to repeat this the next day, just in case.

By the way, there is nothing dirty about headlice; they're attracted to clean hair, NOT dirty hair. Kids get them a lot, cuz kids are always putting their heads together and touching each other's hair.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 10-01-2007, 08:11 PM

Like Miranda said, you can get a medicated shampoo and wash them out, but you can only do this every couple of weeks or it'll burn your scalp. Your other option that I know my mother uses is to douse one's head in mayonnaise, then cover it with a shower cap and leave it there. The process is meant to suffocate them because they won't be able to move, but it takes hours and smells bad afterwards. After whatever treatment you use, you need to comb out the nits and eggs, but be warned that a comb never gets out everything. In fact, you might be forced to pick every single one out by hand. I know, I had to do it to my ex-stepsister when she got it because her hair was so thin and it simply went through the comb, eggs and all.

Also, if you get lice, you'll have to treat all the fabrics in your house that you have touched by washing them or spraying them with special lice spray.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-01-2007, 08:14 PM

And do the shampoo treatment to everyone in the family. Plus, tell everyone you know to do it too.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-01-2007, 08:32 PM

*poke*
This is greatt~
Because right now my sister has lice. XDD
She was really surprised cuz she washes her hair every. friggin. day.
And she checked me just in case she got them from me...
But nope.
I had nones. x3
T_T My sister's already done the shampoo treatment twice, so anyone have any other suggestions..?
Last time I got lice I had to cut my hair VERY short, take two baths every day with head and shoulders [soak it in for 30 mins], and dye my hair [hey, it's chemical. Chemical kills. =3].
My sister refuses to do any of this. XD
Edit: BTW. I only had to do that because we were at England, and we didn't know how to treat lice. So mom just decided to make me do that...Because in Thailand, when she was a kid, she did stuff like that. T_T

Last edited by noirmali : 10-01-2007 at 08:35 PM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
chelsea_welsea_1 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 10-01-2007, 08:48 PM

lice is pretty bad i got it when i was like 10 and i had it for like a year cause i was little and i didnt know what to do and my mom didnt really do anything about it so one time when we went on vacation we shampoed all of our heads and combed them with lice combs and because we were gone for like a month all the bugs that were on the beds and pillows and stuff died cause they die in two weeks without any heads to live on and we sprayed everything in the hotel and we finally got rid of it

it was a very hard thing to do but we finally did it. im so glad we finally did cause it really sucks
(#7 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 10-01-2007, 10:17 PM

Uhm, blow drying your hair helps, and keeping it up in a tight ponytail when you go to school, or hairspray.

And dog shampoo helps. XD
Lice and dog shampoo are basically the same thing.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Cutebabygirl1

Default 10-02-2007, 09:13 AM

how can u tell u have lice?
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Brittanybrit123123 (Offline)

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: Not Rated
Thumbs up Lice!!! - 10-02-2007, 05:27 PM

I have had headlice so many times i just use headlice shampoo,and i use tea tree shampoo also, not when i have it but it also helps prevent headlice.

*Brittany*
(#10 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-02-2007, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutebabygirl1 View Post
how can u tell u have lice?
I think you can get lice if you share are things