Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-02-2007, 11:27 PM

You can tell that you have lice:
1. If your head is constantly itchy
2. If there are white things in your hair that are not dandruff
3. Of course, if you see lice in your hair. XD
[I saw one in my sister's hair. x.x]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
chel1

Default 10-03-2007, 05:03 PM

just use special shampoo, or tea tree oil.
i've never had lice so i wouldn't know exactly.
i know they're attracted to clean hair but my family is obsenely clean and we never got them but my friend whose faimily doesn't shower often all got them...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
PL07

Default 10-05-2007, 02:56 PM

To prevent them get a headlice comb and comb your hair regualarly after using a conditioner. They can't stick to the hair.

To eliminate an infestation the best thing is to go to your pharmacy and ask them for a headlice neautralising lotion

Headlice are spread through head to head contact and sharing a hairbrush so try to avoid that if you can
(#14 (permalink))
Old
playinwlightnin (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 10-12-2007, 07:09 PM

Mayo is one of many ways theres also Nit treatments, like Rid, I have heard are wonderful.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
yourlucky13_x (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 2 Votes / 3.50 Average
Default 12-06-2007, 07:45 PM

Yeah, mayo ALWAYS works. I had lice and my mom tried that. It stayed in my head for 6 hours >.<

Or head and shoulders dandruff shampoo. That works. I tried it, it works PERFECTLY.

Theres also a special comb. It's a electric one that you run through your hair and when it beeps, you take it out and see if there's a bug on it. Run it ALL though your head, it'll kill the living ones, but not the eggs.

And So The Lion Fell In Love With The Lamb<3
Yeah, i'm one of them now<3
(#16 (permalink))
Old
heart1319

Smile little help bout wat lice is - 12-14-2007, 07:04 PM

u get lice from sharing hats,brushes combs,headbands other ppl stuff not like shampoo
(#17 (permalink))
Old
x_____x (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-15-2007, 01:33 PM

I remember in second grade, the whole school practically had lice because of a certain substitute teacher >.> -cough-
It was horrible. Especially for girls with long hair ; like me...

My mom used diesel oil, anti-lice shampoo, you name it! But out of all the products, diesel worked the best >.< I don't know why, it just did, maybe it's because my hair is longer?
Lice isn't based of how clean you are, so don't say that! You can live in a hospital with all fresh air and still have lice, and it doesn't matter of how much times you wash your hair either.
Comb your hair each time you have a chance; like when you're watching television, or talking on the phone. Wash your hair with anti-lice shampoo monthly, even if you don't have lice. && Just keep your hair up in a ponytail or bun. It never hurt to be safe =]

, ana(:
credits go to KaraKupcakex for my gorgeous avatar !(:

Last edited by x_____x : 12-15-2007 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
yourlucky13_x (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 2 Votes / 3.50 Average
Default 12-15-2007, 01:51 PM

Lice is attracted to clean hair. Keep that in mind.

And So The Lion Fell In Love With The Lamb<3
Yeah, i'm one of them now<3
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Rainshadow_of_Hazelclan (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-15-2007, 08:24 PM

You have to use special shampoo, and comb through your hair with a nit comb every day. Put all stuffed animals and decorative pillows in garbage bags, and don't touch them for three months. Wash your sheets and pillowcases every day.

If everyone cared
and nobody cried
If everyone loved
and nobody lied
Then we'd see the day that nobody died

Siggy made by me. Do not take. Although, I doubt you want one with my username on it...
(#20 (permalink))
Old
xxGorgeouslyxDangerousxx (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 12-22-2007, 11:53 AM

my sister had headlice once, and it really was tough to get out. Now, this doesn't happen with everyone, but the medicated shampoo sometimes will NOT work, and this happened to my sister. Now, theres lots of things you can do to get rid of it otherwise, but we used hair dye, and like a couple days later, they were gone. I really have no idea if this would work on others, but it worked on my sister so I figured I'd post it.