Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Health Forum (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/)
-   -   O.C.D. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/15851-o-c-d-obsessive-compulsive-disorder.html)

Mathiea26 09-08-2007 03:47 PM

O.C.D. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder

I just want to know who elso out there suffers from this disorder.

Don't know what O.C.D. is?

Quote:

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a psychiatric anxiety disorder most commonly characterized by a subject's obsessive, distressing, intrusive thoughts and related compulsions (tasks or "rituals") which attempt to neutralize the obsessions. It is listed by the World Health Organization as one of the top 10 most disabling illnesses in terms of a diminished quality of life.[1]
Read about it at Obsessive-compulsive disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So who elso out there suffers from O.C.D.?

Doctorwho_gal 09-08-2007 04:47 PM

Yuh....I do not that badly but its kinda secret..

Mathiea26 09-08-2007 04:57 PM

I used to suffer. Well, I still do... I just have managed to suppress it for a while. Urhg!!! I hate it. *sigh*

Doctorwho_gal 09-08-2007 05:11 PM

Yuh.I used to get it really bad.But its manageable now.

Mathiea26 09-08-2007 05:21 PM

I'm glad I managed to suppress part of it. I know sooner-or-later it'll break it's restraints.

Doctorwho_gal 09-08-2007 05:24 PM

I still haven't told anyone although I've had it for years.

Mathiea26 09-08-2007 05:42 PM

I haven't either. I think people may have noticed, though.

EmStar202 10-19-2007 07:23 PM

I have it! My parents made me go to a councialor and everything. Ugh, I hated counsilors. I like to talk to people I know about it, like my parents and friends.

What do you guys do? Like checking stuff or whatever? I used to have to hit the back door and check under the bed and stuff, but I'm on zoloft now. So I'm much better!

What do you mean when you say no one knows? Do your parents?

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 10-19-2007 08:06 PM

My friends make fun of me because I'm very obsessive-compulsive about certain things, but I wouldn't go so far as to say I need medical help. I just like things a certain way, although some of my oddities are a bit extreme.

For example, I need to have the school napkins stacked a certain way on my tray(because it doesn't stack evenly regularly). Also, I need folders/papers/anything else to be perfectly straight in a pile. No corners sticking out or anything askew or else I get aggitated and adjust the folders for ages. Mainly with me, I like alphabetizing like crazy and organizing by size, also to keep items in a perfectly flat pile.

Edit:
Thought I'd add that my father is mildly OCD, as in he'll spend hours fixing things that are already fixed because the "image isn't perfect" or "the paint isn't even".

LilMizZC3rTify3d 10-19-2007 10:50 PM

I don't think I have OCD but there are some things that bother the hell out of me if its not the way I think it should be arranged. like for ex.....

Like a book should be in chronological order and the the corner should be aligned with the corner of the desk its laid on.... and if its not then it bothers me until I fix it