Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#41 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 02-15-2009, 03:44 PM

My BFF's dad will take half an hour if he forgets a spoon or something in the kitchen when they're eating. He ends up completely rearranging all the cutlery. O_o He does that with everything, so he's usually late after being prepared to leave at a certain time and then feeling compelled to clean or organize stuff.

So, my friend saw her dad's OCD, and then she became more organized (she'd clean MY room when she came over. O_o), and now I'm more organized too. Kinda. I've always been a tad bit of a perfectionist though, and so is she. We don't have OCD or anything serious, it's just our personalities. It's probably the same with you, barbiegirl.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Doctorwho_gal (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 02-15-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbiegirl103 View Post
I have alittle ocd but not to go get help for it. My friends always make fun of me because i have to walk on every line/block in the school hallway. You proabably don't under stand that. I am always looking down at the floor and thats why they make fun of me. Also my books have to be in a certain order every single. I was accually late to acouple of my classes cause i had to reorganize my books in my locker. My friends laugh at me for that too. They are good freinds. They try not to laugh cause some times they know it hurts my feelings.
It has the characteristics of mild OCD. If compulsive behavior interrupts your life, in whatever form then I would think it is OCD.

There is a theory which states that if ever
anybody discovers exactly what the Universe
is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something
even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

- Douglas Adams
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#43 (permalink))
Old
barbiegirl103 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: Not Rated
Send a message via AIM to barbiegirl103
Default 02-17-2009, 04:59 PM

It has the characteristics of mild OCD. If compulsive behavior interrupts your life, in whatever form then I would think it is OCD.~Doctorwho_gal

Its not that bad. Like if i really feel like it i can stop steping on the lines. And my books are in a sertain order so i know where the are and grab them quick and run off to class.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-17-2009, 05:17 PM

Exactly; I wouldn't call it OCD at all. That's like calling feeling sad "mild depression"; it's not.

(#45 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 02-17-2009, 08:33 PM

If you can stop, you have no right posting in this thread. This is for people who do suffer from it. I personally have a very difficult time keeping my compulsion to organize other people's things in check, which is very different from wanting to have things organized. It is an obsession that takes over you mind and interferes with your life severely, not just a simple desire to gain attention.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#46 (permalink))
Old
Doctorwho_gal (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 02-20-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
It has the characteristics of mild OCD. If compulsive behavior interrupts your life, in whatever form then I would think it is OCD.~Doctorwho_gal

Its not that bad. Like if i really feel like it i can stop steping on the lines. And my books are in a sertain order so i know where the are and grab them quick and run off to class.
If you can stop then its not OCD. You didn't say you could stop before XD

There is a theory which states that if ever
anybody discovers exactly what the Universe
is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something
even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

- Douglas Adams
(#47 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 02-20-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:

Yeah... That's just organization. Not OCD.

OCD is a mental disorder. Don't claim to have something that you don't think you have. Like the others said, it you can stop, it's not OCD. My friend's dad has had it all his life, and it causes him to be late or lose focus on what's important. It's like when people say they're "depressed" to sound 'cool'. WTF is up with that? -.-