Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
AmericanRag

Default 10-04-2008, 01:39 AM

Some of my compulsive habits interfere with my life, like my thing with even numbers. If I turn the TV or radio up, if has to be an even number, or if I'm in line somewhere I will try to be the 2nd or 4th or 6th ect... person in line or I will go to an even number lane. I cant buy things that come in pack's with odd numbers.

If I tap on something with one finger or one hand I have to do it again with all my fingers or both of my hands.

I'm always afraid that I've left something on: stove, lights, iron, straightener, left a candle burning ect, and I will call however if home or I will go home from whatever I'm doing, sometimes I will go home on my lunch break, to check to make sure everything is still off.

All my other little "quirks" aren't really that bad, or don't interfere with my life, but they can be just as annoying xD.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Rocketship_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 6 Votes / 4.17 Average
Default 10-04-2008, 03:58 PM

I think I'm a little OCD.
Like, I have to have the correct amount of marshmallows with my cereal if I'm eating Lucky Charms. I hardly eat it, because it takes me forever...
And... uh...

If I have a bump in say, my ponytail, then I'll just keep feeling the bump- I'll think about it, touch it to see if it's still there, and I'll finally just take my hair out and re-do the ponytail.
Maybe I'm just paranoid... O__O
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
CutiezRox121 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 6 Votes / 3.67 Average
Red face 10-31-2008, 08:44 PM

I'm on Zoloft now, but before I went on Zoloft I had really bad O.C.D.
All the doors inside my house needed to be shut.
I would randomly start cleaning things up cuz it would bother me.
If I felt something was out of place I would move it.
If a picture on the wall wasn't straight I would have to straighten it.
So many other stuff too.
I just went on Zoloft about a month ago.
Anybody else on that?
Is anybody nearly as bad as me?

rica
Happy Halloween!
(#24 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-01-2008, 10:16 AM

It doesn't happen anymore, but when I entered this one room, I had to look in the mirror. It was this full-length one, but I don't know. It was usually this quick glance. Strange.

control yourself;
take only what
you need
from it.

a family of trees
wanted to be
haunted.
♥ MGMT.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Doctorwho_gal (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 11-14-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanRag View Post
Some of my compulsive habits interfere with my life, like my thing with even numbers. If I turn the TV or radio up, if has to be an even number, or if I'm in line somewhere I will try to be the 2nd or 4th or 6th ect... person in line or I will go to an even number lane. I cant buy things that come in pack's with odd numbers.

If I tap on something with one finger or one hand I have to do it again with all my fingers or both of my hands.
Thats pretty much exactly the same as me. Even numbers and having to tap with two fingers or my right hand.
Especially before I go to bed. And a blinking thing.

As my life has improved its become pretty much under control although it used to control my life. I've never told anyone about it though. I hope it doesn't get worse again.

There is a theory which states that if ever
anybody discovers exactly what the Universe
is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something
even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

- Douglas Adams
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Mathiea26

Default 11-22-2008, 04:04 PM

This Mathiea26. My account has been mean to me, and, though I know I put in the correct password, it won't let me in. Its been like this for months, so I just made a new account.
- - -
I recall having said I basically had my O.C.D. under control. Unfortunately, this is no longer true. In fact, I think this is the worse it has ever been.

If I touch something, I have to touch it again with the other hand, and then keep doing this for an even number of times(preferably multiples of four) until I feel I can stop or have to. If its the latter, I feel REALLY nervous. Before I go to bed, I have to say, in this order: I love you, good night, sweet dreams, and see you in the morning. I have to say them to my brother, then me, then my mother, then my father. If I do it out of order, I have to start over COMPLETELY. I also wash my hands so often, that sometimes they get chapped and red, and they have bled before. Everything has to be an even number, if possible, a multiple of four. I have to lean back, then brush my hair smooth every time I sit down. I have to use the correct amount of toilet paper. I have to always use the same number of pads per day when I'm on my period. I constantly clear my throat, and once I start, its hard to stop. If I notice something out of place, I will not be consoled, and will have to keep working, arranging, or cleaning until everything is in it's correct place or completely and utterly clean. I have literally cleaned for more than an hour straight. I usually will turn the lights on and off repetitively. I have so many more things I do daily, and it is so nerve racking.

I've only told one or maybe two people, and that's only because one of them thought they might have O.C.D.. However, I realized quickly that her only problem was with touching dirty things. I can't even touch, say a tissue, that was touched by another tissue, that was touched by a person, who had touched a person, who had a sick dog at home, and had touched the dog.

I had it under control, but it came back, far worse than ever before.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
xxMeggieMaggot (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: Not Rated
Default 11-22-2008, 11:12 PM

I have it. I get obsessed with people than i turn into a hardcore stalker...

and i'm eleven..

blue_tornado ♥

Last edited by xxMeggieMaggot : 11-22-2008 at 11:15 PM.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-22-2008, 11:33 PM

That is not OCD. OCD is having extreme obsessions and compulsions that you must act on them or you will feel extreme mental discomfort.

My OCD has been getting better. I still feel the need to stack things a certain way and create flat piles, but it is no longer so bad that I reorganize other people's things. I actually feel slightly at ease seeing them, so I believe my OCD might've been stress-related and a way to express control over my life when I had very little of it.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 11-23-2008, 03:39 PM

To me, O.C.D. isn't that bad, unless it is something violent or it interferes your life seriously.

(#30 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-23-2008, 06:31 PM

I have very slight OCD. If something isn't how I think it should be, I get all twitchy and I don't stop until I fix it.

Edit: My OCD has gotten worse. When I'm walking on the sidewalk, I can NOT step on the cracks, and if I do, I have to go back to the beginning of the square thing on the sidewalk, and step over the crack.

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."

Last edited by KiraIMustBeInvisible : 12-03-2008 at 09:36 PM.