Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#51 (permalink))
Old
fabulous_doller24 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 12-02-2010, 07:23 PM

I'm never having surgery out of vanity. I believe surgery is only needed for serious problems, like one's health. I hate hearing about their "*****ed jobs", they agreed to it so I have no sympathy.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#52 (permalink))
Old
Santa_Claus (Offline)
Father Christmas
Silent

Rating: 8 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-16-2010, 01:57 AM

The members milled about in Randomness,
Unaware of the changes that were about to hit.
When, what to her wondering eyes should appear,
But a new profile, and a brilliant idea.

Merry Christmas everyone!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#53 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 12-17-2010, 01:42 AM

I dont think that having surgery to correct something that bothers you is vain at all, each to their own I say, Do what ever makes you happy, If it makes you happy then how can that be a bad thing.

(#54 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-17-2010, 03:35 PM

It certainly can be a bad thing, if the person gets addicted to surgery and tries to fix problems that can only be dealt with if the person gets professional help. Getting your nose fixed or a boo'b job won't make you feel happier; only you can do that.

Plus, there's the risk of bo'tched jobs; far too many people take what is cheap over what is good.

(#55 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 12-17-2010, 08:41 PM

I think everyone needs to remember that plastic surgery is still a major surgery, regardless of how common or what type. Its very invasive and painful, which means the decision to get it can't be taken lightly.

I don't think plastic surgery is the answer to a lack of confidence. If there is something that makes you really uncomfortable and you are absolutely certain you cannot be happy without it changed, that is the time to speak to a doctor and a psychologist. However, changing it isn't going to make anyone automatically feel better and often people are just as unhappy afterwards. Look at Heidi Montag, she had zero confidence and has gone through multiple surgeries, not to mention that most recent horrifying round. She still isn't happy with herself after all of that.

Generally, I think tummy tucks after having a lot of children, surgeries to get rid of extra skin after weight loss, and breast implants after breast cancer are okay. I think people need a genuine reason behind the surgery, not just an attempt to make themselves feel better.

As a side note, for anyone who really wants an idea of when surgery isn't going to fix your happiness, look at that new show Bridalplasty. Its terrible.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#56 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 12-23-2010, 05:32 PM

Plastic surgery should only be neccesary if it is absolutely needed...
I just read this article and it made me come reply to this thread.
Chinese girl dies during plastic surgery | Wang Bei