Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#41 (permalink))
Old
jellydino (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 1 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 05-28-2010, 04:19 AM

I disagree with it. It's wrong. Some people with these unrealistic expectations are self-absorbed. I, cannot have my exomphalos repaired, which means no flat stomach; EVER. But I don't care. I'm strong, thats why. Yeah, confidence comes from false and plastic parts? NO. It comes from within. You might have the best ****s or whatever but you might be a horrible person.

I, make dollz.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#42 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 05-28-2010, 07:57 PM

If you get plastic surgery, it doesn't make you a horrible person.

If they have the money, and it's gonna make them feel better about themselves...why not?

Plastic surgery is just extreme makeup in my opinion. If you're willing to risk your health, that's your own business.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-28-2010, 08:11 PM

It's only a problem when a person is addicted to surgery; that's as unhealthy a state of affairs as being addicted to drugs.

Also, I think that taxpayer's money should never be used to fund plastic surgery; over here, the NHS sometimes pays for it, which I think is wrong unless we're talking about someone's nose being fixed after an accident, for example. If all the surgery is for is to make your bo'obs bigger, then you can pay for it your d@mn self.

(#44 (permalink))
Old
jellydino (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 1 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 05-28-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
It's only a problem when a person is addicted to surgery; that's as unhealthy a state of affairs as being addicted to drugs.

Also, I think that taxpayer's money should never be used to fund plastic surgery; over here, the NHS sometimes pays for it, which I think is wrong unless we're talking about someone's nose being fixed after an accident, for example. If all the surgery is for is to make your bo'obs bigger, then you can pay for it your d@mn self.
Thats right. I only believe in reconstructive surgery not surgery just for someone to **** it up. Taxpayers should NOT fund cosmetic surgery.

I, make dollz.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 05-29-2010, 06:52 AM

But if someone wants to fork out their own cash for cosmetic surgery, then let them. It doesn't affect me, after all, what someone does to their own body. And if someone messes it up, on their own head be it; they have to pay to get it fixed.

(#46 (permalink))
Old
midnight_shadow (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-23-2010, 11:35 PM

I honestly don't care about plastic surgery. If you wanna get it, get it. But then I get why people don't like it. I had foot reconstruction a few months back because when I was about six, I was skating then I was trying to adjust the strings so I took off one skate and this kid ran it over. Like a really obess ten-year-old. I broke like twelve bones in my foot. I haven't been able to walk right since so I got the surgery. I now have metal plates in my foot. Also, my eighteen year old sister, She got a bo.ob job, cause she's almost flat-chested at eighteen. So I really don't care weather or not people do it, but I understand how other people think like getting like hundreds of surgery's to change how they look is wrong. So I'm okay with it. But not completly. Make sense?
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-01-2010, 05:19 AM

I think that if your health is being affected by something and surgery is the only logical way to fix it being able to access it is fantastic. After all if the problem is actually going to steer someone down a very dark road possible resulting in death the choice to have plastic surgery should be respected. If I was faced with the situation of having one of my close friends or family members in such a position where the only way, or safest way out would to be having surgery I would definently encourage them to go ahead with it. After all they aren't having surgery because they feel insecure about their own body, but because health wise it's going to be the best option in the long run.

Adverstising plastic surgery as a method for fixing your body image problems is wrong though ( or having surgey because other people don't respect what you think becaus eof your looks), in my opnion. I think that gthe problem stems from having so many digitally altered images in magazines. By trying to achieve the impossible someone can easilly place themselves in a hell of a lot of danger. And although making certain parts of your body larger or smaller can seem appealing and like a good decision in the short term I don't think many people think of what might happen when they reach the latter part of their life. Back problems and such that have previously not really effected you can come into play.

However I suppose the choice remains up to whoever it is. If they want to have surgey because they think they'll look better, good for them. But why go to that measure just to impress people. If the reason your having surgery is because you think people don't respect your personality and thoughts becaus eof your looks then they aren't worth knowing. If people only judge you on your looks it's a bit sad really and I would suggest asking them to undertake some form of brain surgery, because they're the ones with the problem. Then again, go ahead if you want to...
but I think it's fair to warn people before they go ahead with it of what might happen in future and the health risks, not telling people what might happen is irresponsible of their surgeon.

But overall I agree with Miranda, I won't be the one who has to deal with the possible problems, and in the end my opinion is going to have no effect on what people decide what and what not to do.

Last edited by Cheshire1996 : 10-01-2010 at 05:22 AM.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 10-05-2010, 01:20 PM

Haha boy do I feel small in the breast area when reading that14-16 year old ladies have d's and double d's... Im almost 21 and barely have a B. Your body is your temple and if you with to do some recontruction to your temple to better improve why the heck not? Longs if your paying for it when its purely cosmetic then I have no issues with it.

(#49 (permalink))
Old
xxMeggieMaggot (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: Not Rated
Default 12-02-2010, 02:21 AM

I really want to get my nose done when I'm older.
I have a DISGUSTING nose, (It looks like its been broken repeatedly).
I have Italian heritage so I call it a "wog nose".
But its huge and ruins my face T-T

blue_tornado ♥
(#50 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 12-02-2010, 07:18 AM

If you do decide to go ahead with a nose job, please make sure that you get a reputable surgeon to do the operation.

Also, I don't know what the rules are where you are, but where I am, you can't get plastic surgery done til you're eighteen.