Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 01-27-2008, 04:58 PM

A lot of the time people change how they look because OF HEALTH ISSUES.

Example:

Ashley Tisdale from High School Musical had a nosejob recently (it's been all over the news), and she revealed the reason why. She's had something wrong with part of her nose and it interfered with her breathing and actually made breathing painful; that's why she eventually went ahead and got the surgery done.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm

Last edited by Miranda_ : 09-24-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Kiani (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 01-28-2008, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Wolf View Post
Ashley Tisdale from High School Musical had a nosejob recently (it's been all over the news), and she revealed the reason why. She's had something wrong with part of her nose and it interfered with her breathing and actually made breathing painful; that's why she eventually went ahead and got the surgery done.
I know a guy who is having that surgery done aswell. He was at the point where he had to sleep with an onxygen mask on because when he was lying down he couldnt get any sir through his nose at all.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 01-28-2008, 06:12 AM

How would you know for sure if it doesn't involve health issues? Sure, there's girls who for some reason want bigger b00bs (I find that weird, big chests aren't THAT great. -.-), but then you have girls who get a surgery to make them smaller; that's both for personal reasons and health reasons; large brea.sts can hurt a girl's back over the years.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm

Last edited by Miranda_ : 09-24-2010 at 02:58 PM.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-28-2008, 07:16 AM

Exactly. Plus sometimes after losing a large amount of weight, a person is left with baggy, loose skin around their stomach. They have worked hard and lost the weight, why should they have to put up with loose skin just cuz people like you disapprove? It's got nothing to do with taking care of themselves, it's just something that happens if you lose a large amount of weight.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 09-24-2010 at 02:59 PM.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
alabamablonde13 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Rating: 5 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 01-28-2008, 11:08 PM

I think plastic surgery is fine, but some people take it to a bit of an extreme. Like Dolly Parton...she's was so beautiful and now she looks a bit like a science creation gone wrong. Same with Micheal Jackson and Joan Rivers. But I guess it's just like everything else, there will always be people who take it way too far.

After my mom gave birth to me she just couldn't lose the weight. She had hip problems so she couldn't exercise enough. It's not just because she's a person who eats a lot...she doesn't. She also has huge bo*obs, so of course after 2 kids they aren't as perky as they used to be. She can't help that. I would love to get her some PS if my family had the money for it.

I would rather be scolded for doing what is right than praised for doing what is wrong.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 09-24-2010 at 02:59 PM.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-29-2008, 08:00 AM

Exactly. I know a woman who was really obese, but she had a gastric band fitted to help her lose the weight. She was told by her doctor that if she didn't lose the weight, she would be dead next year (this was exactly 1 year ago). She dieted a bit to get her weight down for the gastric band to be fitted, then the weight just fell off after that. She was left with loads of loose skin around her stomach and her bo'obs had gone really saggy, too. So she had a boo'b lift and a tummy tuck, which I personally feel she had a perfect right to do. She's since had the band removed, and now maintains her weight by eating healthily and exercising.

(#27 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 01-29-2008, 09:17 AM

Yep. Plastic surgery, (though sometimes it is un-needed) is in most cases used for things that NEED to be helped or fixed.

I think plastic surgery is completely fine as long as it is for the right reasons.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 01-29-2008, 12:03 PM

I think if some one wants to do it its their body and they have a right to alter it in any way shape or form

(#29 (permalink))
Old
beware_toxic_baby_gurl (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 1 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 01-29-2008, 06:56 PM

I'm to scared to be put under the knife, But if I wasen't to chicken I'd get something for my chin..I'm fairly small and it looks like I have a double chin, No one notices but I sure do.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default My two cents... - 05-23-2008, 11:16 AM

I wouldn't mind getting a bo-ob job.
When I'm at a healthy weight I have A-cups (totally embarrassing!!!), but since I got married I put on a lot of "happy fat" and my bo-obs have gotten to a C-cup (for which I was grateful!). Well, I don't want to have happy fat so I started diet and exercising. Yeah, my bo-obs were the first thing to start going. Now I'm getting loose in the C-cup and I don't like it one bit! If I had the money I'd get my bo-obs done, but only to where I had them with the happy fat, anything bigger would just draw attention, and I don't want that.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!