Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default Cysts? - 08-10-2007, 07:36 PM

I've never been entirely sure what these things are. But they're sure painful, and my aunt's had her fair share, as has my mom.

Could anyone give me info on these? This one that I have has been giving me some trouble and I'm not sure if it's trying to pop. O_o

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Danica_Shardae (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 3 Votes / 4.67 Average
Post 08-10-2007, 11:11 PM

um...I'm not sure about this...but you could probably try to freeze it off.

I'm still here, I just don't post AS OFTEN.

Check me out:
DeviantART
Tumblr
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
kitkat02

Default 08-10-2007, 11:49 PM

A cyst? Well, if I'm correct, they're supposed to be like a tumor, except much smaller and not as harmful. My dog had one...had to have surgery........hmm..
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-12-2007, 07:56 AM

Danica, cysts aren't warts. (I wish though, easier to get off then. -.-)

Mine's really painful, but I seriously don't want to get surgery right before school starts.

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#5 (permalink))
Old
xPapercut (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 08-12-2007, 10:40 AM

I had one once, and I had to have surgery to get it off. Now I have a scar on my neck, and everyone asks what it is -.-

sugar_snow_fairy with a new account since my old one was deleted. Please add me again if you're my friend. =]
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-12-2007, 03:41 PM

Irritating things, cysts.

I went to the hospital today to make sure it wasn't my apendix or whatever acting up.

Turns out, my cyst on my right ovary is just being a stupid little bugger again. -.-

Halestorm
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 08-12-2007, 09:01 PM

Quote:
An ovarian cyst is any collection of fluid, surrounded by a very thin wall, within an ovary. Any ovarian follicle that is larger than about two centimeters is termed an ovarian cyst. An ovarian cyst can be as small as a pea, or as large as a grapefruit.
Most ovarian cysts are functional in nature, and harmless (benign).[1] In the US ovarian cysts are found in nearly all premenopausal women, and in up to 14.8% of postmenopausal women. The incidence of ovarian carcinoma is approximately 15 cases per 100,000 women per year.[2]
Ovarian cysts affect women of all ages. They occur most often, however, during a woman's childbearing years.
Some ovarian cysts cause problems, such as bleeding and pain. Surgery may be required to remove those cysts.
I found this here: Ovarian cyst - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. There are also some treatment options included which don't involve surgery and might be a good idea to try until surgery is possible to remove it.

As for other cysts, my now ex-step-sister had a really nasty one on her ear that formed partially due to an infection/a bad reaction to gold. I believe the doctor just gave her medicine then, but I will admit I have never had one personally and don't know much about it.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-12-2007, 09:09 PM

Kitty, I love you. *tackle*

Thanks for finding that, I've been looking for something on them.

Halestorm
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 08-12-2007, 09:47 PM

Aw shucks, your welcome. I may not have problems with them, but anything for a friend =) Just let me know how those treatment ideas work.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-21-2007, 04:39 PM

Update:

Today I had to get a sonogram to check the cyst I had.

GREAT NEWS!

It's getting SMALLLLELERRRR!!!

Halestorm