Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Health Forum (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/)
-   -   Acne (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/14313-acne.html)

BRUINS_CELTICS_GAL 06-10-2007 06:28 PM

Acne

ive had acne for a while and nothing seems to work for me. i mean nothing! ive tried like five different products but none seem to hav any effect on my acne. ANY1 HAV ANY TIPS FOR ME? PLZ HELP IF U CAN.

Silent_Wolf 06-10-2007 06:34 PM

Talk to your doctor, and ask about this one acne medicine; it's called Duac Topical Gel. It seriously works; I used to have the same problem as you and this stuff cleared it up in days. o.o

BRUINS_CELTICS_GAL 06-10-2007 06:35 PM

Thx For The Info

Its Just That I Dont No If Anything Will Help It Cause Its Really Bad. I Mean Bad.

Silent_Wolf 06-10-2007 06:57 PM

It really works. I reccommend it to anyone who says they have bad acne because it's super effective.

Miranda_ 06-11-2007 06:36 AM

Go see your doctor. Normal spot creams won't work on acne; you might need to be prescribed antibiotics or something.

alabamablonde13 06-11-2007 08:44 PM

First, you need a regular skin care routine. Start with a gentle scrub, such as the St.Ive's Apricot Scrub. Wash with cold water. Then, use a very gentle toner. You should be able to find a good, cheap one at Wal Mart. After that, use a lotion or creme with 2.5 benzoyl peroxide. The Proactive Repairing Lotion is perfect for this. Rub a small amount all over your face at first, then gradually apply more. After your skin starts to get use to it you will need to apply more. If your skin starts to get slightly dry you may need to apply a moisturizer like the Proactive one or one with minerals.

The Proactive system has all these elements, but it can be expensive and the toner and scrub may be a little strong. The Repairing Lotion is all I recommend you get.

Oh, and always remember to pat your skin dry and not rub. Rubbing your skin dry may irritate it and cause more acne. And NEVER use rubbing alcohol to clean your sin It strips off and irritates the skin and will cause more damage.

If you see no improvement after 3 weeks, go see a dermatologist.

princessmeplz 06-17-2007 02:18 PM

My mom has acne if you look on my sig and go to her page.So she has went through the same stuff as you she used diffrent products and they all don't work I have small acne so all I do is wash my face.

Rocketship_ 06-17-2007 03:39 PM

Ugh!

OMG, I feel the same way! My friends use ProActiv and say it works great for them, but it isn't for me! If anyone knows a product that works, and have been through this problem before then please Dollmail me, cricket_cutie ASAP.

SkeleViolence 06-17-2007 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricket_cutie (Post 486793)
OMG, I feel the same way! My friends use ProActiv and say it works great for them, but it isn't for me! If anyone knows a product that works, and have been through this problem before then please Dollmail me, cricket_cutie ASAP.

Pro Active doesn't work for me, either. It just makes the acne red and sting-y.
I didn't know you liked the forums, too, cricket. :]

Miranda_ 06-18-2007 05:56 AM

Well then, go to the doctor and he'll prescribe something different!