Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 09-29-2008, 06:48 PM

HECK YA. Well, Wolf, I use Duac as well. I also use Differin. One of the best things you can do for your face and body is to not stress over it. A TON of people get acne, belive me you can find at least one person. Seriously, proably WAY more.
Quote:
Your right! Proactive dosen't work at all!
Well, I refuse. It depends, it may not work for you but it could work for somebody else. I belive it really depends on if your skin is sensitive or not. Somebody who does have sensitive skin should test on their wrist before putting ANYTHING on your face. The last thing you want is more acne.

Last edited by Catlover642 : 09-29-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Kiwi_Kat (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 10-04-2008, 06:29 PM

proactive works really well for me. although i still have acne. (thats probably because i dont use it) i know i should. i get alot of forehead chin and nose acne and i have a real picking problem. sometimes it work...other times not so much.

NO SLEEP IN HEAVEN OR BETHLEHEM
"I feel you breathing... Everywhere...The rain, the hay... please. Please Wendela."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 10-19-2008, 04:39 PM

You could also do Accutaine. My sisters have used it and it works. ^^;

(#24 (permalink))
Old
WHiTELOvEx (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 6 Votes / 3.67 Average
Send a message via MSN to WHiTELOvEx
Default 10-19-2008, 11:44 PM

I might try some of these.. my face breaks out every moment -.- Mostly up the sides of my nose. You just go whoooop up then you feel bumps >.> I need to try some of these things xD

(#25 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-30-2008, 02:52 PM

proactive does nothing for me. i have sensitive skin, so all it does is gives me these little red rash things....i have started using neutragena, however you spell it. idk. i think it is working, it isnt burning me...its just, i dont have that much acne...its the black heads and my pores that drive me crazy!!! it just depends what type of skin you have, then you can test out different products to see which one works the best for you, or your friend.

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..
(#26 (permalink))
Old
xomusicluvaa (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via AIM to xomusicluvaa
Default 12-31-2008, 07:47 AM

the following acne medicines do not work *me and like 4 of my friends tried them*: proactive, acne free, clean and clear *it works until ur skin gets used to it, then its back to the way it was*, nutrogena, and clearasil.
they didnt work for me or my frends.
talk to your dermatologist.
im on retanoids and duac *aha funny name*, and these pills called doxycline. they work really wel but dont take good care of the black heads.
any one no any good black head stuff?

( M E ) J E S S I C A ( M E )
(NOUN)- ANNOYING 13 YEAR OLD GIRL WHO DOESN'T GIVE A CRUD WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT HER. ALSO SEE: TWILIGHT FREAK, FLYLEAF FAN, PARAMORE FAN, AND BOOK WORM.
Avi credit to
-- XSabaXx

ohmigod look it's my website!
lets all click the link!!!

thanks delly for the button!

(#27 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 12-31-2008, 08:12 AM

I definitely need something for blackheads too; nothing I've ever used works.

Here's something random I found out; if you have acne that's under your skin (meaning, it's not completely formed or something), rubbing alcohol works. Yes, it does dry your skin out a little bit, but it does work. Recently I've been breaking out really bad on my chin, but the rubbing alcohol really helped me get it under control.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#28 (permalink))
Old
xomusicluvaa (Offline)
Shuni

Default 12-31-2008, 08:22 AM

oh that sounds cool. maybe i'll try that.
i just got a facial to clear my black heads yesterday and it barely did a thing! I didnt notice a diffrence at all.

gr ppl should make acne products that work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danica_Shardae View Post
I seem to get acne when I DO wash my face. I really don't know what to do about my acne. I get it in the strangest places too sometimes...O_O
When I do wash my face, I use Neutrogena oil free acne wash. And it doesn't work worth a cra.p. Soooo....I'm thinking that it's about time that I get a new acne wash.. Although I have been using witch hazel. It seems to help a little.

My brother used to have acne really bad and was prescribed a medicine. It worked, but he stopped using it because it gave him suicidal thoughts. O_o" Strange for an acne medicine.
ok i no this was posted a while ago but i no what that was!!
that was acnutane! my frend just went on that and they make you take birthcontrol (dont believe me? google side effects of acutane)because if you have a kid while your on it it can kill the kid! and it can cause depression, thoughts of suicide, and hair loss!
this is why i didnt go on it when offered.

(sorry for double posting)

(NOUN)- ANNOYING 13 YEAR OLD GIRL WHO DOESN'T GIVE A CRUD WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT HER. ALSO SEE: TWILIGHT FREAK, FLYLEAF FAN, PARAMORE FAN, AND BOOK WORM.
Avi credit to
-- XSabaXx

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 02-16-2009 at 11:29 AM.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 12-31-2008, 08:32 AM

You could have edited your post, you know.

Facials actually do pretty much nothing except strip a layer of skin off your face, and in fact can actually cause you to break out if you have sensitive skin or if you have reactions to certain oils.

As for acnutane, I've never even heard of that. O_o I'd be contacting a doctor if it's causing suicidal thoughts.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#30 (permalink))
Old
xomusicluvaa (Offline)
Shuni

Default 12-31-2008, 08:44 AM

your only supposed to take accutane for severe acne. my frend ari is on it and its cleared up her skin alot. aparently it works quite well. it says its supposed 2 clear your acne up for the rest of your life *though i do not believe it*.

Avi credit to
-- XSabaXx