Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
SkeleViolence (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 5 Votes / 4.20 Average
Default 06-18-2007, 09:46 AM

If only it were that simple.
My mom would freak out and say stuff like, "WE HAVE FACE WASH AT HOME, USE THAT!" and refuse to be swayed; and my dad would say "Why?" and refuse to be swayed, because apparently he likes to think that I have perfect skin or something. I don't know.

These wings are broken
Can I still fly?
Asked, so sadly,
Who am I?
The future is the present. The last minute that went meaninglessly ticking by on the pendolum of the clock is the past, which was once the future. The next minute awaiting its time will one day be the present, and far too soon, the past.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Rocketship_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 6 Votes / 4.17 Average
Default ^_^ - 06-19-2007, 01:15 AM

So you feel my pain?? Yesssh! Lol, yup, just got into them about two days ago ^_^

John Bonham
29 years gone, but never forgotten.
R.I.P.
5-31-48 - 9-25-80
We salute you.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-19-2007, 07:58 AM

You can still go to the doctor; you don't need your parents to go along with you. Just make an appointment and go.

(#14 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 06-19-2007, 07:59 AM

Also, if you do get a prescription acne cream, if you have medical insurance, it'll only cost maybe ten percent of what it could've cost.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Eyez (Offline)
Silent

Rating: Not Rated
Default 06-19-2007, 09:17 AM

I'm a Proactiv user since 2004. I got pretty bad acne a bit after I had turned 25. My problem areas were my cheeks, now the problem area is my left cheek ~ it comes and goes. I can't stand it, but I'm at fault. One cannot rely on only products. There are other things to consider such as a healthy diet (food intake), sleep, and proper hygiene. And let's not forget stress factor!

I wish you luck with getting rid of your acne. It's something a lot of us go through and it isn't a nice thing to experience. You're not alone on this, so please don't stress yourself about it, okay? Visit a dermatologist if you have to. Only he/she can give you proper advice and medication ~ if needed.

Ty Vicki
(#16 (permalink))
Old
CutiezRox121 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Rating: 6 Votes / 3.67 Average
Wink 06-19-2007, 10:00 AM

I have Proactiv, but don't use it consistently so I wouldn't be able to tell you the results. However, I too have very bad acne...and if I really need to get rid of it for a special occasion or school pics. or something like that then I'll spend the whole night cleansing my face.

First, I'll wet a warm washcloth. I will wash my face with just the wet washcloth, then I'll wash the washcloth and put cleansing/facial soap on the washcloth and scrub (but not too hard). After that step, I'll take out my Proactiv and rub the first solution on, then I'll do the second solution (if you use too much it makes it worse, so be gentle and don't use alot). That's it!

But even if it's not school pics. I have really bad acne so I usually put the Proactiv on every night if I have time. It's best to put it on at night so it gives the product time to work. I can tell you one thing, the Proactiv clears my face up more than it started to begin with. Just use it consistently and it should be better. Everyone's skin is different. I would grab some money and browse the store for a different product you think you might want to try out to help your acne if that doesn't work.

GOOD LUCK, HOPE YOU FIND SOMETHING!!!

rica
Happy Halloween!

Last edited by CutiezRox121 : 06-19-2007 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Spelling Error*
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Danica_Shardae (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 3 Votes / 4.67 Average
Post 06-30-2007, 11:44 PM

I seem to get acne when I DO wash my face. I really don't know what to do about my acne. I get it in the strangest places too sometimes...O_O
When I do wash my face, I use Neutrogena oil free acne wash. And it doesn't work worth a cra.p. Soooo....I'm thinking that it's about time that I get a new acne wash.. Although I have been using witch hazel. It seems to help a little.

My brother used to have acne really bad and was prescribed a medicine. It worked, but he stopped using it because it gave him suicidal thoughts. O_o" Strange for an acne medicine.

I'm still here, I just don't post AS OFTEN.

Check me out:
DeviantART
Tumblr
(#18 (permalink))
Old
x_____x (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-01-2007, 01:49 PM

ProActiv is okay. I use it and it actully helps me. But if your acne is out of control you really need to see a doctor. It might be something serious.

, ana(:
credits go to KaraKupcakex for my gorgeous avatar !(:
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Rating: Not Rated
Default 04-12-2008, 04:01 PM

I don't have acne,but the new Neutrogena wave is sooo cool! It tickles lol. It is also easy to use and refreshes your skin gently.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
BitterSkittles

Default 07-20-2008, 04:55 PM

Proactiv Solution works VERY well! I've used it for about 6 months now and my skin is not only pimple-free, but it's smooth and fresh! You will see a great difference in the first week! I highly recomend it to anybody with acne.

-Nekira