Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Madeline_05 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: Not Rated
Default 03-12-2007, 06:51 PM

Share your experiences about periods!

Well when I first put on a pad it kind of felt like I was wearing a diaper.
You want to change often because you can leak and it could stain your undies (bad experience).

Last edited by Miranda_ : 02-15-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
tjsgrl01 (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Send a message via AIM to tjsgrl01
Default 03-12-2007, 08:59 PM

Umm, you should really ask your mom, aunt, older sister or someone like that, but I'll do my best. Scientificaly, your period occurs when your body is able to reproduce and have children (that of course, does not mean YOU are ready..). Every month your ovaries release an egg into your uterus, but when there is no sperm to fertilize it, a.k.a when your not ready, your body sheds a 'nest' made of blood and nutrients that it had inside your uterus all ready and nice in the even that a baby were to grow there.
Ok, now the actuality of what you will be going through, everyone is differnt. Some people get horrid cramps every time, some people get them sometimes, some people get super moody, and some aren't much affected. It all depends on..well it's actuallly just pretty random. If you use pads, as Madeline_05 said, change it often. Or at least when it looks like it needs chaning or feels icky. Even when its a brand new pad though, it's most likely going to feel like a diaper, they aren't very comfortable. I personally like tampons, because I find them to be a whole lot easier. And they do seem scary at first, but I promise that if you put them in correctly you can't even feel them. I don't know how old you are, so maybe right now your not comfortable with sticking things up there, but when you get a bit older and feel comfortable with it, tampons will make your period soo much simpler. But make sure you change them every 4-8 hours. Any longer than that and your at risk for TSS (toxic shock syndrome). It's rare but it can possibly kill you. Not to freak you out or anything, as I said, just change it often and you don't have to worry about it. That's the basic stuff I can think of for right now... if you have a question message me.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 03-12-2007, 09:22 PM

One thing both of them left out was early on, your period will be random. It's nothing too uncommon, when girls are first starting out it often happens that it might occur one month then not happen again for a while. Eventually though, it will become regular and come about the same time every month. It can last from 3-5 days, possibly even less or more, but that is the average time. Some girls don't experience any effects, but there is the possibility of moodiness, cramps, bloating, etc.

If you need to know anything else, feel free to ask and we'll try to answer to the best of our ability. I suggest though you talk about it with an adult that you trust.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Sweet_and_Fragile___x

Default 06-13-2008, 10:03 AM

Like Silver_Wolf Kitty said,it can be random,super random.At first it can last a week,and then you don't get it the next month.

Some girls have it twice a month,but it that happens,go to a doctor,because that isn't normal.

You can feel bloated,moody,emotional,at times you are starving,at others you don't want to eat.And then sometimes you think everyone knows you're on your period.But it's not true,you may feel awkward,but that doesn't mean EVERYONE knows.Well,maybe only your mom.

Also,it will stink down there so it is important to always be cleaning yourself down there.If it stinks way out of this world,you might want to see a doctor,you may have an infection down there.Almost all women get an infection there at least once.

Hope I didn't freak you out or anything.But that's what I got to share about periods.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 06-13-2008, 10:35 AM

Actually, sometimes girls have it twice a month because of the whole cycle thing. It can range between 28-36 days, remember, and say a girl starts her period on the 1 or 2 of a month; she could have her period again later that month because her cycle ran that way. I've had that happen once, but I'm fine.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#6 (permalink))
Old
BonnieGirl (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 4 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-13-2007, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline_05 View Post
We'll when I first put on a pad it kind of felt like I was wearing a diaper.
You want to change often because you can leak and it could stain your undies (bad experience)
If you don't want to use tampons, use Always's ultra thin pads. They don't feel like diapers and they have them in all different sizes.

And remember to use extra long ones at night. Leaks might occur, especially during your first year or two.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Rocketship_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 6 Votes / 4.17 Average
Default 11-01-2007, 02:13 AM

I totally detest periods with every fiber of my being. UGH.
Don't ever wish you want it like I did.

My flow is always pretty heavy, I have horrible cramps, my head usually hurts, I'm tired, moody/cranky, and you don't want to get around me when I am PMSing.
OH, and my face breaks out horribly.

Isn't that time of the month just WONDERFUL?
Stupid cycle.... with the stupid cramps.... and the stupid... *continues to grumble*
Guys have it GOOD. *grumbles some more*

John Bonham
29 years gone, but never forgotten.
R.I.P.
5-31-48 - 9-25-80
We salute you.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 11-01-2007, 06:51 AM

Some of the symptoms of PMS I get are.. well, how do I describe it.

It's like I have an effing COLD. Whenever my period's coming, I start getting a stuffy nose, a clogged up head, and I feel achy. How wonderful. Oh well, gives me a head start on when it's coming up. I just wish medicine worked for it; I took Sudaphed once and it did nothing. o.o

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-01-2007, 10:35 AM

Without the pill, I'd turn into Godzilla every month with PMS; plus, terrible stomach cramps, headaches, bloating and general crappy feeling. My periods were just as bad, really protracted and drawn out, heavy, and irregular. Thank cheese for the pill...

(#10 (permalink))
Old
influx (Offline)

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Default 11-23-2007, 05:26 PM

What an amazing thread! Half the population will experience it, but we don't always get a chance to really talk about it.

My first and second periods were separated by 13 months! Just like my mom and grandmom. But what it feels like? Dripping sometimes, gushing at other times, sometimes you don't feel it at all. On my heaviest days I wear my darkest sweat pants just in case I leak. Tylenol may help if you have cramps, or the gyn could prescribe something stronger. I like hot packs over my pelvis to help relax the uterus.

Good luck!

I refuse to think of my period as yuccky. I like being a woman and wouldn't trade for a million dollars. It is messy, of course, and you have to use pads or tampons to keep your clothes (and furniture) clean. But I find it disturbing that we've all been conditioned to see our reproductive abilities as a nuisance.

Guys don't see their bodies as a nuisance and you can be darn sure that if they DID menstruate they would make a big deal out of it and celebrate it and flaunt it.

So c'mon! Lets see some grrl power!!!

Last edited by Miranda_ : 09-19-2008 at 09:44 AM.