Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Madeline_05 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: Not Rated
Default 03-12-2007, 07:51 PM

Share your experiences about periods!

Well when I first put on a pad it kind of felt like I was wearing a diaper.
You want to change often because you can leak and it could stain your undies (bad experience).

Last edited by Miranda_ : 02-15-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
tjsgrl01 (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Send a message via AIM to tjsgrl01
Default 03-12-2007, 09:59 PM

Umm, you should really ask your mom, aunt, older sister or someone like that, but I'll do my best. Scientificaly, your period occurs when your body is able to reproduce and have children (that of course, does not mean YOU are ready..). Every month your ovaries release an egg into your uterus, but when there is no sperm to fertilize it, a.k.a when your not ready, your body sheds a 'nest' made of blood and nutrients that it had inside your uterus all ready and nice in the even that a baby were to grow there.
Ok, now the actuality of what you will be going through, everyone is differnt. Some people get horrid cramps every time, some people get them sometimes, some people get super moody, and some aren't much affected. It all depends on..well it's actuallly just pretty random. If you use pads, as Madeline_05 said, change it often. Or at least when it looks like it needs chaning or feels icky. Even when its a brand new pad though, it's most likely going to feel like a diaper, they aren't very comfortable. I personally like tampons, because I find them to be a whole lot easier. And they do seem scary at first, but I promise that if you put them in correctly you can't even feel them. I don't know how old you are, so maybe right now your not comfortable with sticking things up there, but when you get a bit older and feel comfortable with it, tampons will make your period soo much simpler. But make sure you change them every 4-8 hours. Any longer than that and your at risk for TSS (toxic shock syndrome). It's rare but it can possibly kill you. Not to freak you out or anything, as I said, just change it often and you don't have to worry about it. That's the basic stuff I can think of for right now... if you have a question message me.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 03-12-2007, 10:22 PM

One thing both of them left out was early on, your period will be random. It's nothing too uncommon, when girls are first starting out it often happens that it might occur one month then not happen again for a while. Eventually though, it will become regular and come about the same time every month. It can last from 3-5 days, possibly even less or more, but that is the average time. Some girls don't experience any effects, but there is the possibility of moodiness, cramps, bloating, etc.

If you need to know anything else, feel free to ask and we'll try to answer to the best of our ability. I suggest though you talk about it with an adult that you trust.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#4 (permalink))
Old
BonnieGirl (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 4 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-13-2007, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline_05 View Post
We'll when I first put on a pad it kind of felt like I was wearing a diaper.
You want to change often because you can leak and it could stain your undies (bad experience)
If you don't want to use tampons, use Always's ultra thin pads. They don't feel like diapers and they have them in all different sizes.

And remember to use extra long ones at night. Leaks might occur, especially during your first year or two.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
angel_deceiver (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Send a message via Yahoo to angel_deceiver
Default 03-18-2007, 10:53 PM

well I am gonna be honest, it sucks, sometimes you cramp and it hurts so bad. but also for some odd reason your head may hurt too.
For everyone its different, you may get really hungry, you may get really emotional, you may also get really mad too

"angels lie to keep control" -Slipknot

Last edited by Miranda_ : 02-15-2009 at 09:24 AM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Rain538 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-31-2007, 11:30 PM

Yes...no need to stress (I haven't had one yet but I know about them)
EVERY gal goes through it
EVERY!
your not alone but I'm getting close to 5th grade I'm just finishing up 3rd(to tell you the trueth 3rd grade girls do get them)

Warrior cat books firggen rule the earth a long side pie and the peace sign.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
DarkAngelFate

Default 04-05-2007, 05:57 AM

i didn't get mine till i was 15 lol (late bloomer?)

n.e. ways.....

before you get your period, you will have monthly cramps and discharge (female lubricant for the "nice, nice" ) - it's the equal to a boy's random b=ner when they hit puberty - just wear thin pads to keep your underwear clean (gosh this sounds so dirty... lol )

before you begin to bleed during any period, you will feel craps around the corner - if they are overwhelming, take advil (it's better than mydol )
then prepare yourself by wearing a pad to bed -

if you are curious about tampons, dont be afraid to ask what your mother thinks - sometimes it's best to wait until after you have s=x - but if your flow is heavy then maybe that solution is best for you

start with smaller ones, and read the instructions carefully before putting one it, it will tell you the correct direction the put it and so forth - the first few times may hurt until you get to know your body better, so don't give up on them , they are better than pads can ever hope to be

tampax pearl are the most comfortable to put in, especially if you are still v=rgin - they are shorter than other tampons and the plastic is easier to slide in than cardboard applicators

another important thing to remember, when you start your period, it will be EXTREMELY irregular, if you have your period then don't get another one for another 3 months, don't think god magially impregnated you, it's only because your body is still too young to develop more eggs just yet

a period can last from 3-7 days, and they totally suck, but don't let them get you down

the whole pms rumor is a lie - women are more cranky when they are on their period because of the pain of cramps and annoying bleeding, it's very stressful sometimes but stay cheerful
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Haley_Noelle (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Rating: 4 Votes / 3.75 Average
Send a message via AIM to Haley_Noelle Send a message via Yahoo to Haley_Noelle
Default 04-06-2007, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngelFate View Post
i didn't get mine till i was 15 lol (late bloomer?)

n.e. ways.....

before you get your period, you will have monthly cramps and discharge (female lubricant for the "nice, nice" ) - it's the equal to a boy's random b=ner when they hit puberty - just wear thin pads to keep your underwear clean (gosh this sounds so dirty... lol )

before you begin to bleed during any period, you will feel craps around the corner - if they are overwhelming, take advil (it's better than mydol )
then prepare yourself by wearing a pad to bed -

if you are curious about tampons, dont be afraid to ask what your mother thinks - sometimes it's best to wait until after you have s=x - but if your flow is heavy then maybe that solution is best for you

start with smaller ones, and read the instructions carefully before putting one it, it will tell you the correct direction the put it and so forth - the first few times may hurt until you get to know your body better, so don't give up on them , they are better than pads can ever hope to be

tampax pearl are the most comfortable to put in, especially if you are still v=rgin - they are shorter than other tampons and the plastic is easier to slide in than cardboard applicators

another important thing to remember, when you start your period, it will be EXTREMELY irregular, if you have your period then don't get another one for another 3 months, don't think god magially impregnated you, it's only because your body is still too young to develop more eggs just yet

a period can last from 3-7 days, and they totally suck, but don't let them get you down

the whole pms rumor is a lie - women are more cranky when they are on their period because of the pain of cramps and annoying bleeding, it's very stressful sometimes but stay cheerful
Where did being a Virgin come into useing tampons?
(#9 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 04-06-2007, 09:36 PM

Because..um...can I pass? Trust me, it does, when you lose your virginity, some of your skin (down there) is torn away, making it easier to slide in. (Gawd, that all sounds so wrong.)

Oh, and I got mine when I was in Gr. 7 some time in March. I don't like them, cause you cant swin unless you use tampons which, for some, are uncomfortable. And sometimes you get cramps and headaches and ache. But it doesn't hurt. And you for the first while it's unpredictable, so I don't know how you know you'll have it soon.
Having periods is just a part of live that you have to deal with for a great deal of your life (Usually 13/14 - about 45, when menopause happens.) All girls have periods. It's natural.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 04-27-2007 at 01:18 PM.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Dollmaker1103 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 3 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 04-07-2007, 08:53 PM

Mine was soo bad when i started. I got all panicky but its nothing to worry about.
My advice:
Make sure you always carry a spare pad/tampon around in case of emergencys even if you hate using public/school toilets it best too ( i personally hate my school toilets but you gotta do what you gotta do)