Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#81 (permalink))
Old
influx (Offline)

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: Not Rated
Default 11-23-2007, 05:26 PM

What an amazing thread! Half the population will experience it, but we don't always get a chance to really talk about it.

My first and second periods were separated by 13 months! Just like my mom and grandmom. But what it feels like? Dripping sometimes, gushing at other times, sometimes you don't feel it at all. On my heaviest days I wear my darkest sweat pants just in case I leak. Tylenol may help if you have cramps, or the gyn could prescribe something stronger. I like hot packs over my pelvis to help relax the uterus.

Good luck!

I refuse to think of my period as yuccky. I like being a woman and wouldn't trade for a million dollars. It is messy, of course, and you have to use pads or tampons to keep your clothes (and furniture) clean. But I find it disturbing that we've all been conditioned to see our reproductive abilities as a nuisance.

Guys don't see their bodies as a nuisance and you can be darn sure that if they DID menstruate they would make a big deal out of it and celebrate it and flaunt it.

So c'mon! Lets see some grrl power!!!

Last edited by Miranda_ : 09-19-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#82 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-25-2007, 11:13 AM

I don't think my reproductive system is a nuisance. I think the cramps, headaches, and moodiness I get are. The fact of the matter is, I'm proud I'm a woman, I just don't like the baggage that comes along with it.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#83 (permalink))
Old
nslaney (Offline)

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 3 Votes / 4.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to nslaney
Default Period - 12-19-2007, 02:29 PM

They never really covered this in school so I'll ask here. After you've had your menstural flow and the lining of you uterus is expelled through the ******, about how many days after that will you ovulate again?

Noellehttp://www.noelleslaney1994newfoundland.piczo.com This is my website. Please go into it. It's so awesome! If you visit it sign the guestbook and shoutbox.
(#84 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 12-19-2007, 05:36 PM

The usual amount of days is 28 *may be wrong. o_o*; it can vary from girl to girl.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#85 (permalink))
Old
rubah (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Default 12-19-2007, 06:05 PM

Periods are kinda a quiet comfort to know that you're still fertile and not pregnant xD

I like them mostly because it means my hormone levels drop back down and I feel like a normal person again. I used BC for three months, and it was like having PMS the entire time. well, except for the bleeding week each month.

I prefer aleve for cramps; tylenol doesn't seem to work as well, and midol are pretty much horse pill sized xD
(#86 (permalink))
Old
nslaney (Offline)

Rating: 3 Votes / 4.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to nslaney
Default 12-20-2007, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Wolf View Post
The usual amount of days is 28 *may be wrong. o_o*; it can vary from girl to girl.
Ok do you mean when the uterus lining is actually expelled or when the fallopian tubes produce an egg?

Noellehttp://www.noelleslaney1994newfoundland.piczo.com This is my website. Please go into it. It's so awesome! If you visit it sign the guestbook and shoutbox.
(#87 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 12-20-2007, 07:23 AM

The latter. Mind you, I'm not sure because I was never regular.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#88 (permalink))
Old
Kiani (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 2 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 12-21-2007, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nslaney View Post
Ok do you mean when the uterus lining is actually expelled or when the fallopian tubes produce an egg?

This might help, we were given one of those at school:

(#89 (permalink))
Old
Brittanybrit123123 (Offline)

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Exclamation 12-21-2007, 11:15 PM

uuuhhh.i absolutley HATE my periods. I dont know if it is normal but i get like really heavy mucus along with my periods like discharge but twice as heavy and its just like a big bugger!!not to freak u guys out but, someone please tell me if it is normal.and it just ruins my clothes and funiture,pajamas,sheets,bedspread(etc.)BUT,also i feel wonderful about being a woman!!

*Brittany*
(#90 (permalink))
Old
Kiani (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 2 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 12-22-2007, 01:17 AM

If it is what i think youre reffering to, its perfectly normal.

Your body creates tis thick fluid and sends it all around your reproductive organs to clean them out, then obviously, it has to come out of your body somewhere, it usually does this for a few days every month.
However, if it ever becomes yellow-y, has a strong smell or is making you itchy, see a doctor.