Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#41 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 06-27-2007, 01:19 PM

A tampon isn't going to get stuck. *Blinks* I've seen some pretty interesting objects go up there before, twice the size of a tampon. (No, not p orn. Gah. It was like a medical book.)

And more then likely you're not going to die. o-o There are some cases where women do die from tampons, because it's some type of...disorder.
The chemicals get backed up and go into your blood stream.

It tells you about it on the tampon box. =D

But I wouldn't worry about that, either. It's very rare.

And tampons are a lot better then pads. They're less noticeable, you can swim in them, you can be more flexible, AND it's less gross.
Pads are kinda disgusting when you look at it.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#42 (permalink))
Old
catewilliams (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.00 Average
Send a message via AIM to catewilliams Send a message via MSN to catewilliams
Default 07-01-2007, 11:31 AM

It's not that you don't get your period when your in water, it's that water relaxes the muscles, making the flow very very slow. You still have it, but the water acts.. Well, the best way to put it is a relaxant.

I suspose that's really all.
Start out with pads, then I'd sugest Tampons. I use those now, and they work wonders for me, especially since I'm always outside on the street with my drums and Henna.
I can't change a pad constantly, and I don't want to feel restricted. !

.[Purple Pleasure].
Sasi sasi o to aro aro
O angi si nau boroi amu
Ni ma oe e fasi korona
Dolali dasa na, lao dai afuimae
Afuta guau mauri, Afuta wela inomae
.:C
ate:.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#43 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 07-17-2007, 04:18 PM

One of my bff's Kari had her first period in class... Gr. 9. She had to wear her gym shorts for the rest of the day. IT WAS WINTER. That would suck.

Oh, not matter what ANYONE ELSE SAYS; It does NOT hurt. At all. You can't feel it (unless you have what some people call 'clots' in which case it still doesn't hurt and the clots are only small, but you can feel it). You might get crampig, which, DOES hurt, but not often. If you do get cramping, see your doctor about birth control (It really helps) or use some sort of heating pad (not THAT kind of pad, but something warm that you can hold where the cramping is to reduce it)

Change them-pads or tampons-every 4-8hours (at least thats what it is for most people) and do NOT over use a tampon. You could get TSS (Toxic shock syndrome-rare disease.) if you do and you start to get a 'fever' and feel tired, you should go to the doctor right away.

Oh, and your bre@sts might start to ache. That's normal. For me, at least. (It's more that then cramps for me, I'll tell you)

Everyone reacts differently, but all girls get it (unless you were a boy that is NOW a girl 0.o). It's natural, every girl deals with it. If you didn't have them, you wouldn't be able to carry any babies, so... It's just another part of the 'Girls go through a hell of a lot more then guys' thing-which includes child birth as #1 on the list. XD

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 07-17-2007 at 04:26 PM.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-17-2007, 07:13 PM

Haley, I love you. XD Well, not that way, in a sisterly way.

Periods also come with mood swings. They're not always bad, but for me they were just.. guh. Thank you, chocolate! XD

Anyway, because I was put on the pill, my mood swings lessened a great deal, but they came back real bad today. O_o ... I actually fought with my mom because I was in such a bad mood. .. urk.

I'm gonna get my Pill changed. It's been making me ill anyway.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#45 (permalink))
Old
mylovedove (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 5 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 07-17-2007, 07:57 PM

I don't get mood swings but, i get an awfull stomach ache before my period and it kills me at night. As you can see everyone's is different so all these are just suggestions of how your period might be but, in real life you never now. just to telll you your first one at least won't hurt because it only comes out a little at a time but you well get more on your second time then it might hurt. For me i get so much period now it's creepy.

oh yah and a tip don't wash your hair or take a long shower when you have it it's bad (at least that's what my mom says and always tells me not to go into water when i have my period because when you have your period your pores open really wide and lets water in and the water gets trapped there. ((i per sonally don't believe it but, we have to be careful and my mom won't let me take a long shower anyway (((or wash my hair))) that's harsh)) oh and don't eat or drink anything shower it makes your period last longer) don't eat alot of junk food ether)

Last edited by Miranda_ : 07-18-2007 at 08:48 AM.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-18-2007, 08:40 AM

What's the deal with not washing your hair? If I don't my head gets itchy. In any case, your body eventually rids itself of water or absorbs it.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm

Last edited by Silent_Wolf : 07-18-2007 at 08:47 AM.
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-18-2007, 08:50 AM

There isn't a deal; it's a load of crap.

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Menstrual Superstitions

(#48 (permalink))
Old
mylovedove (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 5 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 07-18-2007, 04:23 PM

who knows y mom forces me not to do it it's crazy i don't believe it either and thanks for the absobing fact
(#49 (permalink))
Old
bell_6 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 7 Votes / 3.86 Average
Default 08-01-2007, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylovedove View Post
who knows y mom forces me not to do it it's crazy i don't believe it either and thanks for the absobing fact

Really? Because when my periods are bad, taking extra long showers usually helps.

I like to walk in the Rain because no one can see I'm Crying
(#50 (permalink))
Old
french_horn_luva (Offline)
Silent

Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-01-2007, 02:41 PM

i dont have periods yet and ya know what bothers me, my doctor/pediatritian (whatever u call it) was like ,"oh your a little behind" and i was like WTF!!!! cuz i'm only 12!!!! so yeah dont feel bad if u havent had *it* yet.