Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 12 Votes / 4.33 Average
Send a message via Yahoo to dudettel
Default 06-05-2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiisan_kawaii View Post
So.
Use a tampon.
>__<
Is it that hard?
If you're scared of tampons, ask your mommy to insert it for you.
Either that or don't jump into the water.
That simple.

Just thought I would mention that not everyone can use tampons. Not because they are scared or don't do it right, but because the shape of their ****** won't support one. My mother and I have that problem. Therefore, we cannot just use a tampon and its quite a bother.

Make sure that whatever you use, you change it regularily, about every four hours. You'll learn your "Flow" and how often you'll need to change. The first three days tend to be heavier than the last four.
Also, make sure you shower daily!

Starting your period can be frightful because its not only painful but its an emotional experience. Your body is going through so many things and you still have to try and maintain your lifestyle. It can come thick or thin, regularily or irregularily, it can make you moody, or in much pain.

It's very important to go to the doctor if you are irregular, having cramps that don't ease up, or medicine does not help, or if you are extremely moody.

As I saw earlier in this thread, I'd just like to repeat that periods do NOT make you
an adult
mature
ready for sex
ready for children

All they do is make you able to get pregnant, but just because you have your period does not mean you are ready to have a child.

It's important to try out different types of pads and tampons until you find your most comfortable choice. If you feel like you are wearing a diaper, then its not the pad choice for you. You need to pick one according to size.

As for swimming, if it is after the fifth day then usually you are safe to go into a pool, water tends to stop periods and even if you leak slightly, there is so much chlorine in the pool it will be gone before its even there. Just remember that when you get out of the pool you need to change into clothes right away.
If you decide to use a tampon, don't stay in the water for more than two hours, until you know your "Flow".The tampon might absorb some of the pool water so you have to be careful.

Well, I hope that this answers any questions left unanswered, or those who did not recieve correct advice.

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. Oscar Wilde
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Madeline_05 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: Not Rated
Default 06-07-2007, 07:50 PM

I hate how sticky it feels, and the smell. But if your not really paying attention, it's not that bad.

Until the cramps come...O.o
Just kidding.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Musa677 (Offline)
Guru

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Send a message via MSN to Musa677
Default 06-12-2007, 05:38 AM

I had a period yesterday and I feel so bad and very disgusting.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Paka

Default 06-12-2007, 04:02 PM

I first got mine when I was 11, when we were at Niagara Falls... symbollic, huh? For a long time mine were very bad, extremely heavy with killer cramps-- I generally missed a day or two a month of school because of it (didn't hurt my grades at all, though). I could sometimes go through a super-plus tampon and pad in an hour.

Here is the good news though-- you DON'T have to suffer from your periods anymore! Talk to your doctor about all the options out there for birth control pills. They will almost always give you a much lighter period (the period you get on the pill isn't a true period, really), and if you skip the placebos (inactive pills) you can get rid of your period entirely. Some more recent pills are getting rid of the placebos altogether; the whole reason they were there in the first place was only to give women the "normallcy" of a period. Not only do studies so far show it is safe, but being on the pill provides a number of health benefits, such as clearing up acne! Explain to your parents, if you are underage and they don't understand, that going on the pill does not mean you are sexually active, and that if they have insurance it may only cost a few bucks a month. Here is some more info-

Female Hormonal Contraceptive Methods: Birth Control Pills

It is important to see your doctor anyways if your periods seem excessively heavy and painful anyways-- you may be suffering from a condition like endometriosis.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-12-2007, 08:45 PM

For some reason, I don't get cramps when my period comes.
I just go ALL WEAK and I can't do anything..
I lie inside myself for hours...
And watch my purple sky fly over me...
^ Imaginary @ Evanescence
(#36 (permalink))
Old
xXpersistenceXx (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 16 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 06-13-2007, 02:00 PM

How to insert a tampon [don't worry, nothing disgusting]

YouTube - How to Insert a Tampon=

My hearts got a mind of it's own
Won't listen to a word I say
Doesn't it know that I get hurt too
When it acts that way
Cos When it breaks I break
Stop, slow down, take a second
Before you rush right in
It's gonna be my tears you cry
(#37 (permalink))
Old
cwer (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 20 Votes / 4.15 Average
Default 06-26-2007, 11:28 PM

Omg. I am really scared about my period. I also hope tampons dont get stuck in my ****** and I die. I dont know what to do.

(#38 (permalink))
Old
IcePrincess48 (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 5 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via AIM to IcePrincess48 Send a message via MSN to IcePrincess48
Default 06-26-2007, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwer View Post
Omg. I am really scared about my period. I also hope tampons dont get stuck in my ****** and I die. I dont know what to do.

You're only 10 and you proably won't get your period, until a few more years.
My doctor said that I was going to get my period in 4th grade, but I got it in 6th grade.
Well, I don't think that tampons will get stuck there, but I don't use those so I don't know what to tell you.

Happy June everyone and have a happy summer!

Credits:
Avie - Cutiekins.
Doll - Me; Animated by x_____x.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 06-27-2007, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePrincess84 View Post
You're only 10 and you proably won't get your period, until a few more years.
My doctor said that I was going to get my period in 4th grade, but I got it in 6th grade.
Well, I don't think that tampons will get stuck there, but I don't use those so I don't know what to tell you.
Doctors don't know anything. >>...<<...

Usually.

Anyway, Cwer, as long as you don't uh... stick it in too far, it shouldn't. Also, the strings are too strong to break.

Just don't freak out and think you lost it in there; a lot of the time when you end up going to the doctor's to get it out, you already took it out but forgot about it.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#40 (permalink))
Old
awesomeistic (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 1 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 06-27-2007, 12:28 PM

When I got mine, I told my mom first. She laughed at me! I was like, "shut up! What do I do?!" Ha ha! I was so moody and nervous cuz I was getting ready for my birthday party. Hopefully, you tell your mom and hope that she's cool with it and not be all, " congradulations!" Just tell someone you trust.