Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#361 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 08-29-2009, 02:27 PM

None of that helps, except the heat. I usually put a burning hot washcloth on my belly, it helps a lot.

Delaney, TMI xD Its normal, there's no need to worry.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#362 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 08-29-2009, 02:34 PM

@ Delany: That's normal; the discharge that comes out during your period isn't all blood, it has other gunk int it, too. Actually, it's mostly other gunk. XD The blood give it the dark color, and the whatever the other stuff is is what makes it have the consistancy of a gel,sort of like Purel. maybe a bit thicker.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#363 (permalink))
Old
AdeeJade_x (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-03-2009, 08:08 AM

Is this normal? -

I started my period this time last year, but i've only been on about 6 times. The first 3 times it was really light, not really liquid more marks. Then the period after that it was SOOO heavy i leaked at school and it was the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to me. Then the next time it was heavier but i came prepared with ultra massive pads so i was okay. Then it was really light this month. Maybe it's because i did some excercise, i don't know, but will i always be heavy or light because it's so uncomfortable i'd just like some idea.

--
(#364 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 09-07-2009, 09:56 AM

If you're just starting to get your period, then that's actually normal; your body is new to this whole thing, so it's just sorting itself out. If, after another year or so, it doen'st settle down, look inot sometihng to help regulate your period. Birth control pills work for some, but not all. Chamamile oil pills also work for some.

(#365 (permalink))
Old
AdeeJade_x (Offline)
Silent

Default 09-07-2009, 11:28 AM

Thankyou! I was thinking about birth control but i think it's better to wait first to see if it regulates.

--
(#366 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 09-07-2009, 03:36 PM

You are better off waiting to see if it regulates itself eventually. Its incredibly normal for it to be irregular for the first year or two and sometimes it even has minor irregularities even after that period(mine varies in how many weeks it comes, based on the calendar weekends). If the irregularity is a major problem after a while, then you should go see your doctor, but there's no reason to panic from what you said since it just seems to vary between light and heavy right now and doesn't appear to come at random or is excrutiating painful(which is usually why teens go on birth control).

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#367 (permalink))
Old
AdeeJade_x (Offline)
Silent

Default 09-10-2009, 10:49 AM

It has been excruciatingly painful before a few times, but i took painkillers and was absolutely fine about 5 minutes later.

--
(#368 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-12-2009, 10:51 AM

I feel bad for people who have problems with periods; I haven't had any major ones yet.
However, I do get tummyaches very often around the time of the month...
And since it's this week, I've sorta been crabby and emo, snapping at everyone. =_=;; I wish I could just be nice. XD. It'll go away soon, though...
I prefer pads to tampons, I think they're safter.
(#369 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-12-2009, 04:59 PM

^Safer or softer? Honestly, it's both.

This time I don't have as heavy a flow. Usually it's pretty bad, even though I'm on the pill (though beliiieve me, it's not as bad as it used to be!), but for once it's pretty light. Well, light by my standards.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#370 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-14-2009, 08:03 AM

Mm. I think it's both more comfy and safer.

;___; I hate it when mine is really heavy 'cuz it's annoying. Mine usually comes the second or third week of a month so I know, though, and since I've had it a lot I'm used to it.

I wish tummyaches didn't accompany it, though.