Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#341 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-21-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Wolf View Post
Well, you might want to wait a few years before using tampons, dolphin. There isn't really a set age to start using them.

If you want a pad that isn't thick, but is still absorbant, I suggest (like I've been doing for the past... twenty pages?) using Always Infinity. You can find coupons for them in newspapers and magazines to knock the price down a bit, and some stores have sales on them. There's three kinds; the two I use are packaged in green and orange. The orange are overnight I think and the green are too, but I'm not sure. XD I'll check the box. Anyway, instead of letting all the stuff sit on top of the pad, it really does absorb it into the layers underneath the top. And it's not plasticy like their old pads are, too; it's actually soft. And it's super thin, so you barely know you're wearing one.
yeah. i use those. its just the feeling...when you like stand up, you can like feel it. gross. thanks for the suggestion. XD

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#342 (permalink))
Old
chelsea_welsea_1 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 07-19-2009, 06:21 PM

i started when i was 11 i think? but i didnt have it again for a whole other year after that. which is pretty cool :] then i would have it every month or so..its just now getting more regular after 4 or 5 years.

and i used pads until i was 12? i tried using a tampon a few times before but i cold never get it to go in right. but one time i was gonna go to some pool party and i wanted to swim but i was to scared to swim in a pad so i tried using a tampon and it magically went in. LOL im guessing it was because i got a little older. but theyre really not that bad. wayy better than pads in my opinion.

but ugghghgh i just started this morning and i have been having the worst cramps today :[ ive tried all the things i know to get rid of them (hot bath, backbend stretch, etc..) but it hasnt really been working.

my advice is as soon as you start and you can feel the cramps coming, take some some pain medicine so it can start working before they get to bad. that way it wont take forever for them to work while your cramps are really painful.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#343 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Default 07-21-2009, 03:32 PM

^ Ugh. I know. On Saturday and yesterday, I had the worst cramps that I've ever had before. I wanted to crawl in a hole and die...I don't usually get cramps though. I hope this doesnt start daily on my period.

Thank God for Advil. I hate swallowing pills though. =p I'm on my period now. >.<

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..
(#344 (permalink))
Old
Shuni

Default 07-21-2009, 06:00 PM

i know how you feel. the only thing was helped was taking a burning hot bath. but i hate taking reallly hot baths because they give me headaches so i had to get out :/ im just glad i only get them on the first day.

i hate swallowing pills too! well i dont really hate it, im just not very good at it. and i have to drink like a full glass of water because im scared they will get stuck in my throat :] lol
(#345 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Default 07-22-2009, 11:30 AM

yeah. i get a weird look on my face like i'm shoking bc i hate the feeling.

stupid periods. =p

(#346 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-22-2009, 06:03 PM

As long as you drink enough water or whatever it is you use to take Alieve or whatever it is you're taking, you'll be alright. A tip is to get a drink of water before you put the pill in your mouth.

Took me a long time to get that right.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#347 (permalink))
Old
Shuni

Default 07-24-2009, 05:26 PM

heyy i never thought of that. seems like it would work if you got your throat a little more wet and slippery before you took it lol
(#348 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 07-28-2009, 08:08 PM

My flow seems a lot heavier this time around. Which is why I think my cramps are really really hurting me. D: I'm waiting for that lucky month whenever I skip my period. -.- God, sometimes I wish boys had to go thru what we have to.

(#349 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 07-31-2009, 12:56 AM

Boys go through much stranger things. I bet we'll have to hear it from Aaron eventually. Me, I'm glad to just have to deal with this once a month. I prefer that to dealing with things all of the time.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#350 (permalink))
Old
babycupcakes576

Default 07-31-2009, 04:54 AM

my periods dont hurts. they come but i dont get cramps at all!!