Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#331 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 06-15-2009, 07:51 PM

^Always Infinity? XD Those things rock.

I just don't like tampons. Plus, I don't go swimming so it's not much of a problem for me if I'm on my period.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#332 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 06-15-2009, 07:57 PM

My periods have came much later than usual over the last two months. Of course I don't love having my period, but I'd rather have a more regular one, it makes life so much easier. But hey, I guess the key to periods if irregularity.

I'd love to see guys handle what we have to handle. XD They wouldn't last a day in the life of a woman.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#333 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-15-2009, 08:11 PM

That reminds me of the following joke:

"A man takes his wife to the hospital, as she's in labor, and the doctor tells them he's come up with an extraordinary new invention. It will take the pain from the mother and give it to the father. However, as it wasn't tested, the doctor wasn't too sure about using it; the man insisted on it, and was strapped down onto a table after being hooked up to it with his wife. They started on the lowest setting. The man had no reaction. The doctor, feeling a little more bold, set it to the medium setting. Again, no reaction! The doctor in glee turned it up to high, and the man felt no reaction while his wife had a pain-free childbirth. So, they took the child home that day...

and found the mailman dead on their doorstep."

It's just amusing. XD Read that out of a book with a section of jokes on childbirth.

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#334 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-15-2009, 09:57 PM

^^ lol.

ugh. i go on vacation next month, and i hope i dont get it then bc we are going to a water park, and we will swim alot.... >.<

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..
(#335 (permalink))
Old
jordanashley (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.33 Average
Default 06-15-2009, 10:32 PM

Yeah, we're going on vacation to the beach later this month and I was really nervous about getting my period for this month then. But luckily it's pretty much over now for this month. ^_^

My mom and aunt suggested tampons last month just in case, but I'm nervous about using them. It hasn't even been a year since it first started. I've asked my mom about this but...do they hurt (tampons)? She said no, not if you get the right ones and use it right. But my friend tried them and said they hurt a lot and she doesn't use them because of that. But I'm just curious...do they actually hurt or was my friend probably just using them wrong?
(#336 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 06-15-2009, 11:56 PM

Tampons don't hurt if you get the right size and insert them right. If your friend is a small girl and used a super, for example, that could've hurt. Its more likely she put it in wrong. If its uncomfortable, you should always take it out and try with a new one. You also need to determine what your flow is like, then pick the right kind. Don't be afraid to look around all of the types and then decide. You could even get two or three smaller boxes and try them out to see which one is right for you.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#337 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 06-16-2009, 03:00 AM

Your friend may not have put it in all the way. If you don't put them in all the way then you can feel them in you when you sit down, and that's really uncomfortable. Once the tampon is inserted correctly you don't feel it at all, promise!

Try using the Lite plastic tampons first. I first tried with Regular cardboard and it hurt:
a.) because I was afraid it would hurt and was tense down there.
And
b.) because I didn't need a Regular, I needed a Lite since I was so small.

Some people like cardboard though, they say you can push it up more...it all just depends on your body!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#338 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-21-2009, 09:23 AM

O_o
ew. i have my period. this morning i tried, once again, to insert a tampon...but i couldnt get it in! i thought it was in the right...spot. ugh! whats wrong with me? i use the small playtex gental glide soo..
using pads are disgusting.
awkward...

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..
(#339 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-21-2009, 09:58 AM

Well, you might want to wait a few years before using tampons, dolphin. There isn't really a set age to start using them.

If you want a pad that isn't thick, but is still absorbant, I suggest (like I've been doing for the past... twenty pages?) using Always Infinity. You can find coupons for them in newspapers and magazines to knock the price down a bit, and some stores have sales on them. There's three kinds; the two I use are packaged in green and orange. The orange are overnight I think and the green are too, but I'm not sure. XD I'll check the box. Anyway, instead of letting all the stuff sit on top of the pad, it really does absorb it into the layers underneath the top. And it's not plasticy like their old pads are, too; it's actually soft. And it's super thin, so you barely know you're wearing one.

Halestorm
(#340 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 06-21-2009, 03:28 PM

I use the regular, unwinged Always. Winged ones always get wedged up for me, so I just use regular. Always are really soft though, and you can barely feel them. Thats why I love them so much. xD