Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#271 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 02-10-2009, 09:48 AM

I adore plastic aplicators. Dry tampons hurt me real bad when comming out for some reason so ob would be horrible for me because they're dry going in...

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#272 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-10-2009, 04:00 PM

are playtex (or however you spell it) sport ok? those are the ones my mom bought me, and are still currently unopened under my sink...

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#273 (permalink))
Old
little_sister_smile (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-10-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterPrincess View Post
I adore plastic aplicators. Dry tampons hurt me real bad when comming out for some reason so ob would be horrible for me because they're dry going in...

okay...let me make sure you know this.....the applicator doesn't make any difference....it doesn't make it less dry. its just a cardboard piece that makes it so you don't actually put the tampon into your vag yourself.....there is nothing put onto tampons themselves...as that would be unhealthy.

just FYI.

haha...they'll never escape!
(#274 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 02-10-2009, 11:42 PM

Haha, no. I use them and I know how they work and all. And like I said, I don't use cardboard, those DO hurt, me at least anyway. No, the part that's uncomfortable dry-wise for me isn't up where it's realeased, it's the part the applicator goes through to get there. I don't feel anything once it's in there, dry or not.

(#275 (permalink))
Old
WHiTELOvEx (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 6 Votes / 3.67 Average
Send a message via MSN to WHiTELOvEx
Default 02-12-2009, 11:57 PM

I want to try a tampon o.O When we are going to a bluegrass festive this year, it's arriveing at the same time the period is -.-;; Thankfully it's inside a Hotel xD I want to try a tampon... but... where... do... I... put... it... in O.o I'll look in my book, any suggestions for tampon Company's?

(#276 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Thumbs up Good Luck! - 02-13-2009, 12:59 AM

Well as you can tell Little_Sister_Smile swears by OB and I swear by plastic applicators. It really depends on what you're looking for.

OB is more enviornmental so if you're really into that then that's the thing to go with. If the thought of putting it in there with nothing but you're finger to guide you for the first time is offsetting you might try what I use. I use Tampax Pearl.
Both OB and Tampax have instructions as well as all other brands and types I'm sure. As it is your first time I HIGHLY reccomend that you make sure to NOT get cardboard applicators (It'll say what kind it is on the box). My mother made the mistake of getting me those cardboard applicators first and I tried to put one in and couldn't finish. Had it been plastic I'm sure everything would have turned out much differently, lol.

Just know that it will be uncomfortable going in (both products will be uncomfortable for the first time) but once it's in you don't feel a thing if it's in correctly, promise.

(#277 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 02-13-2009, 06:25 AM

I think I messed up on my BC as I'm spotting a lot. x_x Might've jumpstarted my period early, this sucks. Note to self, take pill BEFORE I go to gram's...

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#278 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 02-13-2009, 03:28 PM

I can't use plastic applicators, oddly enough. I've tried at least a dozen times and I failed all the time. They just seem too... small. xD Plastic's are applied differently the cardboards, I think. The plastics always get locked in the applicator and won't go in any farther for me. Cardboards are definitely easier for me.

I have the heaviest periods, I swear. If I don't wake up half way through the night, I'll leak - even if I use overnight pads. -.-
(#279 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 02-13-2009, 03:34 PM

Have you tried the amazing-ness of Always Infinity yet? I'm pretty sure I'm preaching them to every girl I know. XD

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#280 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 02-13-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHayleyDoll View Post
I can't use plastic applicators, oddly enough. I've tried at least a dozen times and I failed all the time. They just seem too... small. xD Plastic's are applied differently the cardboards, I think. The plastics always get locked in the applicator and won't go in any farther for me. Cardboards are definitely easier for me.

I have the heaviest periods, I swear. If I don't wake up half way through the night, I'll leak - even if I use overnight pads. -.-
Yeah that is true about the difference of cardboard vs. plastic. I was always afraid that it might go too far and that I'd have to fish it out lol, ew.

About the heavy period, you'll be glad to know that may not be permanent. I used to have heavy periods like you're explaining but now they're light as a feather. I only use Regulars on a bad day and Lites through the rest of it now. So I wish you luck that in the future it'll slow down!