Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#231 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 01-03-2009, 12:02 PM

I will tell my friend about it; she wears those diaper-like things and cna't stand tampons at all.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#232 (permalink))
Old
Rocketship_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 6 Votes / 4.17 Average
Default 01-03-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Wolf View Post
Okay, so I used to hate the Always brand of pads because they felt like plastic and felt like diapers and usually were 3+ inches thick.

Their new line of pads, Infinity, is AMAZING. It's soft, it's super thin and extremely absorbent. It's made so that the blood and other tissue is absorbed through the top into the lower layers of it, but it doesn't pool on the top (which usually causes the 'icky feeling' a lot of girls I know complain about). Plus, it's thin enough that you barely even know you're wearing it; I was wearing it when I went to sleep one night and the next morning, I'd completely forgotten I was wearing a pad, or that I was even on my period! O.o 'Course, then I went to the bathroom, saw the pad and a little bit of blood and then I remembered, but the point is that Always has apparently changed how they make their products and I can definitely say that if you have trouble with your periods being heavy, you should definitely give Always Infinity a shot. (Get the Super one, think that's the biggest one. And get the ones with wings.)
Oh, man. Thank you! I am experimenting with pads [because the thought of a tampon turns me off from them], and I just bled through and overnight pad, it was that bad [and I was that heavy], so once again- thank you. Trying to find a good brand is rather frustrating.

John Bonham
29 years gone, but never forgotten.
R.I.P.
5-31-48 - 9-25-80
We salute you.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#233 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 01-16-2009, 08:03 PM

I just started mine today at school. It was right before our field trip and I didn't go to the nurse because I was to embarrased so I didn't go. I should of went, but anyone its good now.

Do you still wear one when your asleep? I mean a pad.

(#234 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-16-2009, 08:08 PM

Yup. Your period doesn't stop just cuz you've gone to bed. Just make sure that as soon as you get up, you change the pad.

(#235 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 01-16-2009, 08:29 PM

Okay, thanks.

I just got my underwear stained on accident, I was wearing a pad, but it didn't cover it all the way. Are there anyways to make sure it stays in place or any special pads?

(#236 (permalink))
Old
little_sister_smile (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-16-2009, 08:48 PM

not to give away TMI ...but when i first got mine...I freaked out and ran to my parents and cried. my dad was like, "its a sign that your becomming a woman" (yes...my dad is a good guy who doesn't mind talking about women stuff..)

anyways, I totally hated it. And nothing can really prepare you for the first day you bleed. however, now you will finally be able to use funny lines like..

1. Aunt Flow is in town
2. i'm surfing the crimson tide
3. the decorators are in
4. i'm on the rag (i don't ever use this one...very middle ages)
5. my hoo haw is is angry...( i've only heard this once and it was kinda weird)

sooo....just be prepared with a supply of tampons or pads. I used pads for a long time but now I hate them cause they are like diapers. However, its okay not to want some stick in your hoo haw.

have fun with that....

haha...they'll never escape!
(#237 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 01-16-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlover642 View Post
Okay, thanks.

I just got my underwear stained on accident, I was wearing a pad, but it didn't cover it all the way. Are there anyways to make sure it stays in place or any special pads?
Yes, pads with wings. They have little er, "wings" on the sides that fold over the sides of your underwear and stick there, keeping it in place. Those are the best. (Especially the thin ones, in my opinion.) ^^
(#238 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 01-16-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlover642 View Post
Okay, thanks.

You can also get "overnight" or long ones. I wear them all of the time because I tend to shift around a lot. The wings especially help.

Also, be sure to soak your underwear in warm water and to use stain remover on them. As long as you do it right away, usually they will be perfectly fine. Trust me, I have a lot of experience washing out stains in my sink since the laundry costs too much.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#239 (permalink))
Old
little_sister_smile (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-16-2009, 11:42 PM

its funny cause i just took a women's health course last semester and wow.....did I forget a ton. who cares though....there's only a few things a women needs to know...

tampons are awesome, make your lover wear a condom, use BC if you are worried about pregnancy or have mood problems, and never say this "just one shot of....(fill in any alcoholic beverage)" you always need more.

lol

seriously though....glad to know you got girls here to help you out.

haha...they'll never escape!
(#240 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-17-2009, 04:09 PM

I use pads cuz they're just easier, and the ones I get are thin with wings so I can barely feel them.