Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Rain538 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-08-2007, 10:48 AM

Just don't leave tampons in for more that 8 hrs

Warrior cat books firggen rule the earth a long side pie and the peace sign.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
CutiezRox121 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 6 Votes / 3.67 Average
Red face 04-22-2007, 06:54 PM

I am so scared about getting mine. I am 13 and am scared to put a tampon in beause it looks soo painful. I am just so insecure about the whole thing. What if the tampon gets stuck and what if I forget about it and die ! I have been starting to think more about it lately. The information has been very helpful and thanks for not leaving "private" stuff out, because at one point or another we all worry about it .

rica
Happy Halloween!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
bell_6 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 7 Votes / 3.86 Average
Default 04-22-2007, 09:15 PM

I hate my period, but then again no one likes getting their period! Don't freak out and think omg, It's going to leak through my clothes! But when you start for the first time it should be very light. Some girls can't wear tampons because they are virgins (like me, tampons are way to painful!) But if tampons don't work for you wear ultra thin pads they are very comfy and usually don't leak. I was really young when I started my period, I was only 10!! Periods are scary at first but you'll get use to them.

I like to walk in the Rain because no one can see I'm Crying
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Dollmaker1103 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 3 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 04-23-2007, 04:52 PM

I suppose after a while you just kind of get used to doing the whole pad/tampon thing and it becomes a habit.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
AnnieAnonymous (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: Not Rated
Default 04-26-2007, 07:44 PM

Let me tell you a little story of the day I got my period. The day I "grew up". (Well, that's at leaste what my mom said. I'm still real immature. lol)

I was about to go to bed and I was super stressed; the next day wold be my first day of middle school. My mother is in bed with a hangover and my dad is half asleed on the sofa. I go to the bathroom and, what do I see? Blood.

Being I was only eleven, I had a bit of a heart attack and thought I was ill or something. Once I started to cry, I remembed something. A little voice said, "Be quiet, Nicole! You're eleven, this is supposed to happen! Don't you see?"

And then it dawned on me. I had my period.

Of course, I had refused to see the signs of it coming didn't have anything buy my mothers tampons in the house. Not going to work when you are elevan years old! So, my dad and little brother were the first to know. (My brother, of course, didn't know what was going on and thought i was sick lol.)

So, my mother dragged her butt out of bed and drove to the drug store at nine 'o clock to get me... A huge box of pads of all different sizes!

Ok, that's me story. Bottom line: Periods are no fun. You feel like you have wet yourself most of the time. Sometimes you ache. Sometimes you get pms-ey. But, all in all, it's not a huge deal once you get used to it. ^_^
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 04-26-2007, 08:00 PM

I used to get super moody when it was that time of the month. Sometimes I think PMS was my only excuse to get out of trouble. XD My periods used to be super horrible - I went through ten pads on my second and third day, individually - and I can't count the times I leaked. >>; When I was put on the pill back in January, there wasn't an immediate change, but now it's like OMG! NO CRAMPS! XD I do still get cramps once in awhile, but none are like the "ripping out of your gut" pains they used to be.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm

Last edited by Silent_Wolf : 04-26-2007 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Wasn't finished typing.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
AnnieAnonymous (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: Not Rated
Default 04-26-2007, 08:06 PM

Wowzers! I can't even imagine... >_< how old do you have to be to go on the pill?
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 04-26-2007, 08:45 PM

Any age, really. I had to be put on it because my cramps were so horrible. >_<

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#19 (permalink))
Old
IcePrincess48 (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 5 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via AIM to IcePrincess48 Send a message via MSN to IcePrincess48
Default 05-04-2007, 06:16 PM

wow!!!!
i have mine, but it isn't a big deal!
everyone has to have it sometime......so does this person in my grade. (her name is Jordan)

Happy June everyone and have a happy summer!

Credits:
Avie - Cutiekins.
Doll - Me; Animated by x_____x.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
bestchick1

Talking heres some help - 05-04-2007, 08:11 PM

how everybody was talking about feeling like a diaper, its true but then sometimes it depends on your periods because if you have a small flow that means you can get the thin ones which are less uncomfortable, but you still change it often. but still easier than using a tampon when you're younger. once you start you might be spotting meaning it will be on and off during the first few times it happens, like you might have it one month for a week then the next month for 4 days or not at all. when you're on your period and go out somewhere and you think you'll only need a couple pads then find out that you need more, you'll learn less is usually better when it come to that. ~bad expirence~ stay away from caffine and be active!!! caffine causes more cramps which are very painful, but staying active reduces your cramps and shortens the period if you stay active all the time. but if you do have cramps when its your first period a heating pad is great. shower everyday to stay clean too. carry extra clothes to school with you, and dont be embarassed when on your period at school. it'll happen to just about everyone else. we know what you are going through too so dont feel bad. keep some of the individual wipes with you in a purse or something just in case to feel clean or if you accidently start before you have a pad to clean your underware. but also when you start talk to some about it. talk to you mom, sister, aunt or even your health teacher at school. hope this helps and good luck!