Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#141 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Online)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 06-07-2008, 01:59 PM

I alternate between pads and tampons. If you use tampons too often, you can get infections, TSS, and other terrible things. However, sometimes tampons are more convenient (ie. when you're swimming).

I use liners/ultra-thins when I know I'm close to my period. Mine's usually in the first week of each month, so around the 1st or 2nd, I wear liners for a few days until my period begins. That way, in case it starts when you're not ready, you'll be fine for an hour or so until you'll need an actual pad or tampon.

I recommend pads for when you're younger. Tampons are usually hard when you're younger (and a virgin) so pads are always a plus.

Gah. Every single time I go to my cottage on Lake Erie, I get my period! -.- It's so annoying because sometimes I won't have enough tampons to last all the times I wish to swim. Grr...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#142 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-07-2008, 04:34 PM

Are you on the pill? If so, you can just skip your bleed and go straight on to a new packet. I do that if a holiday coincides with a period.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#143 (permalink))
Old
MaddiiieJewelz_xX

Default 06-07-2008, 05:12 PM

mine are terribly irregular.I have to take a pill because mine keep on going for 2+ weeks.I lost a lot of blood and iron and i had a specific diet.Its really annoying at times.and yes i use a pad tampons seem scarie..^^
(#144 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Online)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 06-07-2008, 10:30 PM

Yeah, I might start doing that soon (pill thing). It's so annoying when that happens. -.-
(#145 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Thumbs up Tampon Girlie - 06-07-2008, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddiiieJewelz_xX View Post
and yes i use a pad tampons seem scarie..^^
It was really scary at first, when it came to tampons, but now they're all I use!!! I ONLY get the Tampax Pearl though, those cardbord ones still REALLY hurt. The tip on the pearl ones is round and completely slick so they just slide right up in there, lol.

I was only ever worried about TSS when I first started using tampons, but after talking with a doctor, she said as long as you take them out when you're supposed to that there's NOTHING to worry about, I haven't worried about it since... ^_^

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#146 (permalink))
Old
Zeitgheist (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: Not Rated
Send a message via MSN to Zeitgheist
Default 06-08-2008, 06:19 AM

I also have terribly irregular periods, but that's because I have reumatism. Joint related problems often does that. My sister told me to use a pill to try and regulate them, but, she's had to go into the emergency like twice because of bloodcloths caused by pills... (she's not overweight or anything)

So because of health issues I keep far away from pills. But I'm sure they're great for some people
(#147 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-08-2008, 02:34 PM

I'm talking about the contraceptive pill. There are literally loads of different types so you can always find one right for you. It's a bit daft to write off the pill just cuz of one isolated incident. You also don't know that the clots were exclusively caused by taking the pill; there were probably other factors involved. See your doctor so you can find out the right one for you.

I have been on the pill ever since I was a kid, due to periods that were not only irregular but also super heavy with terrible period pains and PMS. I have never had any problems at all, but I suffered from anaemia, headaches and severe stress due to my periods.

(#148 (permalink))
Old
TechnoMayhem (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 3 Votes / 4.33 Average
Send a message via AIM to TechnoMayhem
Default 06-08-2008, 05:02 PM

eek, periods suck hardcore..
>.<
I got my 1st period when I was at a nursing home for my grandma..
>.>
its also good to use toilet paper when you use pads, it helps the blood not to spread and can make your pad last longer.
:3
Theres a pill for your period?
I haven't had mine in like 3 months but my doctor said its normal for teenage girls to skip a few months.
o.o;;

You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.

(#149 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 06-08-2008, 05:07 PM

It's normal, especially if you only recently started having your period within the past year.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#150 (permalink))
Old
TechnoMayhem (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 3 Votes / 4.33 Average
Send a message via AIM to TechnoMayhem
Default 06-08-2008, 05:24 PM

Yep, I started last year.
>.<

You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.