Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#131 (permalink))
Old
Lizzyluna (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-24-2008, 11:09 AM

Well, I quite hate it. I had to lose a swimming lesson every month because of it...
To avoid very bad surprises I keep a sheet with dates, so when it's time I bring a pad with me (not the internal ones). And my mum bought me some panties with a plastic piece under the cloth one, so I have less problems with red stains (and by night...two pairs of panties and no more stained sheets! ).
If you feel swollen, a walk and some tea could help you. Avoid very hot water.

Sig by me and Daisy's tutorials
Visit my blog
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#132 (permalink))
Old
behemoth

Default 05-19-2008, 03:38 PM

ok i started my period when i was 15. it wasn't that bad. unfortunately i started it on my best friend's birthday, so i felt a bit odd at her party. it wasn't that heavy so i was still able to go trampolining. only recently i learnt how to put tampons in: they're a bit odd, i don't wear them all the time, but they're useful. sometimes i cramp so bad, but i just eat sherbet and i feel better.

for me the worst thing about my periods is i can't go to the loo properly, cos it kinda hurts. the doctor said to me i will get better with that soon, so im not too fussed.

the most important thing to remember is that even if you have your period you can still do almost all the things you normally do, except swim without a tampon.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#133 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Exclamation My First Period Was Worse Than Yours Ever Will Be. - 05-19-2008, 04:11 PM

You girls are lucky. No one told me what a period was or that I'd even be getting one. What happend was we (me and my evil grandma *before she was evil*) were watching a movie and there was a girl all upset and crying and bleeding from her gina. And I asked my grandma why she was crying and she told me it was because she had done a bad thing with a boy and was now paying the price for it.

Well life went on and I got my first boyfriend in the 5th grade. And I kissed him. About 2-5 days later I started bleeding. And I was COMPLETLY scared to death that I was going to die because I did a bad thing like that girl in the movie! I hoped it would go away and stayed in my room praying that it would go away. When it didn't go away I went to my mother and told her and at first she didn't believe me. So I had to show her my underwear. You can imagine how horrified I was to do that. When I did show her she told me I was on my first period, explained to me what it was and went to the store to get some pads for me. Well while she was gone I was TOTALLY embarrassed. I was the only girl in my class who had a period (I don't know for sure, but no one else had started saying anything about periods until 6th grade.). I thought I was gross and yucky and just wierd. Well by time mom got back I had decided not to tell ANYONE of my yuckiness. Too late. My mom had called all the girl family members and told them. (I'm the oldest girl in my ENTIRE family of cousins...so my mom was bragging that her daughter was a woman now when all the other girls weren't yet.) Later that night I had the "Birds and the Bee's" talk which was really informative since I thought it was just two people rubbing in bed and that was it.

In the end, at least I wasn't dying like I had originally thought. I still can't believe no one even warned me about periods though, how rude.

Then the was the whole *transitioning to tampons* stage...and let me tell ya, that's another long story .

P.s. the girl in the movie was actually suffering/dying from a complicated miss-carrige, not a period.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 05-19-2008 at 04:13 PM. Reason: I forgot to say something:
(#134 (permalink))
Old
WHiTELOvEx (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 6 Votes / 3.67 Average
Send a message via MSN to WHiTELOvEx
Default 05-19-2008, 04:29 PM

I haven't gotten mine yet either, but my mom got me this book that showed about growing up. It's called "The care and keeping of you" By american girl it shows how to put a tampom in,about *******,etc.

it's really good it shows you everything from you hair to your feet.

(#135 (permalink))
Old
Brittanybrit123123 (Offline)

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: Not Rated
Default 06-05-2008, 07:46 PM

i finally got a tampon in!!!! i think that this is going to be so cool that i dont have to wear stupid pads!! well i started my period when i was like nine or ten and now i am twelve but i am so happy.
(#136 (permalink))
Old
jordanashley (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.33 Average
Default 06-05-2008, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx_tina_roxs_xD_xX View Post
I haven't gotten mine yet either, but my mom got me this book that showed about growing up. It's called "The care and keeping of you" By american girl it shows how to put a tampom in,about *******,etc.

it's really good it shows you everything from you hair to your feet.
My friend has that book.

Anyway, back to the topic. I haven't gotten mine yet and I'm 12. Pretty much all of my friends except for like one have gotten theirs by now. Guess I'm just lucky. Oh and I have a question. The pads, are they like REALLY uncomfortable? I just want to be prepared for what lies ahead.
(#137 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 06-06-2008, 07:01 AM

It all depends on you. Personally, I could never use a tampon; I've tried and it HURT. There are all kinds of pads, but for some reason the school nurses have pads that are about an inch thick. O_o Can't fathom why really, they're uncomfortable.

I have always preferred pads; there's ultra thin and regular length, then you've got heavy-duty overnight. A piece of advice is to always, always, ALWAYs try to get the pads that have wings on them; they hold the pad in place.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#138 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-06-2008, 07:47 AM

Agreed. I only ever use tampons for swimming, cuz they are a total pain to insert. Yes, I know there are applicator ones, and I do use those; but it still means I have to take 5 minutes to stand up and do it, where as I can put a pad in my knickers and be done in a couple of minutes with no fuss. I use winged pads and barely feel them.

(#139 (permalink))
Old
DisneyRose (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to DisneyRose
Default 06-06-2008, 09:47 AM

It's NOT FAIR that the women have to get periods, get pregnant and all that when the only thing the men have to do is have sex and not get pregnant or nothing. It's stupid. I think men should all experience a period and then THEY could see what it feels like and stop saying that us ladies are all melodramatic for no reason. Blah blah blah. I started my period when I was 12 - oh, bleeping JOY - but it never gave me any troubles. I never get pains (like a lot of people I know get) and the only thing I have to suffer is feeling a bit uncomfortable and ocassionally feeling dizzy.

My first period was the freakiest period I've ever had! It lasted for a week (first periods usually tend to last longer than normal periods - mine usually last 3-4 days.) I was at Schiphol airport (in the Netherlands) on my way back to the Philippines from England. I felt really odd for a moment and dizzy and went to the toilet. I screamed because I saw blood in my pants *shudders* &told mum. I was so frantic and paranoid that something was terribly wrong with me. Mum explained it was a period and we went to get pads. The entire plane journey (it's a LONG plane journey!) I couldn't sleep and went to the toilet every hour because I didn't know when to "change my pad". I kept on thinking I was going to die and kept on asking mum, "Is something wrong with me? When is it going to be over?" &I was deathly pale, apparently. Thank GOD I quickly learnt that it was a healthy process and I WASN'T going to die.

Oh... and a tip! When you're on your period, drink LOTS of water and eat lots of fruit (and food in general)!!! Keep healthy because when you're menstruating, you tend to get dehydrated, which makes you feel like crap and quite moody. &also, you tend to feel icky (well, I do) so if you eat lots of yummy foods and drink lots of water or juice, it takes that feeling away. Also, having a nice walk helps get rid of the cramps if you get them. A period should never stop ANYONE from living their life and having fun!!! It might feel reaaally uncomfortable but hey! I'd rather be out with my friends and having FUN than sitting indoors and being aware that I have a period. ANOTHER tip! ALWAYS HAVE SPARE PADS/TAMPONS WITH YOU!!! Sometime, your period might come at an unexpected time and the WORST thing is if you're not prepared for it.

Talking of tampons... I don't think I'll EVER use those things. I'd just freak out at the idea of shoving something up with my own hands *eurgh* (&what if they get stuck up there and you DIE because it poisons your insides or something!?) Anyway, I use really comfortable pads and there's no chance of getting that freak-shock syndrome or whatever it's called that one can get from using tampons. Lol.

Wow...I've written an essay and now I need to go to McDonalds!! *flies away*

Last edited by Miranda_ : 02-15-2009 at 09:15 AM. Reason: All these spelling &grammatical errors are doing my head in. GRR!
(#140 (permalink))
Old
Zeitgheist (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: Not Rated
Send a message via MSN to Zeitgheist
Default 06-07-2008, 08:47 AM

I would never wear tampons... I mean, my hymen is broken since I've had sex and all that. But tampons just seem like big bacteirae herds to me. To have blood and phlegm collect inside of me in this one little cotton thing just SCREAMS infection to me. Many of my friends have gotten fungae from using tampons (just for leaving it in more than 3 hours) so...I'll stick with my pads

I think what I hate the most about having periods isn't the pain or the fact that I have to bleed for a week. I suffer from panic anxiety (and attacks, and I take medication for it) since I was 12, and everytime I have my period I get easier affected by my condition. I can have SUCH horrendous anxiety attacks during my period that it's unbelievable