Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#101 (permalink))
Old
Doctorwho_gal (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 02-01-2008, 06:21 AM

I was sooo terrified about starting my period but it was really no-where as bad as it seemed.I was actually kinda glad 'cos although its annoying its good to know its out of the way and I don't have to worry about it starting anymore.

There is a theory which states that if ever
anybody discovers exactly what the Universe
is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something
even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

- Douglas Adams
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#102 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 02-01-2008, 07:07 AM

Influx, periods CAN suck for certain girls and nothing you say is gonna change that. I still say mine sucks, even though I'm now on the pill to regulate my period and make my cramps less painful. Plus, Mom's forcing me to go to the gynacologist again in a month (pill needs a refill, stupid Rite Aid apparently lost the other 3 refills when they took over Eckerds. ), and I don't want the exam or the stupid shot. -__- It should be my choice, not my mom's or my aunt's or my doctor's.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#103 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-01-2008, 08:00 AM

Agreed. For years mine were irregular and incredibly heavy; think using a thick pad and still having to change them every two hours. Plus period pain, plus PMS. Thank frick for the pill.

(#104 (permalink))
Old
Doctorwho_gal (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 02-01-2008, 11:05 AM

I'm quite lucky cos in general I don't get period pains or mood swings..although I get tummy ache quite a lot anyway...
I have problems with,when we go on holiday I can't go swimming if I'm on my period which is embarrasing because I can't explain it to my sister or my dad.That would be awful so I have to make up some crap excuse until its over.

There is a theory which states that if ever
anybody discovers exactly what the Universe
is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something
even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

- Douglas Adams
(#105 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 02-01-2008, 06:28 PM

I tend to flood the first three days, with cramps that feels like I'm attempting to digest knives, then it's basically over, with the occasional light leak. Every woman is different, in my experience. Stress and sicnkess may also affect your period.

I tend to have an aversion to taking medicine, and hate taking pain pills but in extreme cases. At least I'm not like my poor friend Brittaney...

(#106 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 02-01-2008, 09:35 PM

My periods are really weird. I seriously have no clue when I'm going to have my period and I had one for about a year and 2 months. They su.ck! I don't get cramps badly, sometimes not at all, but it seems like I'm always extremely moody like two weeks before hand. Plus I break out, and they've gotten heavier. God, I hate periods.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#107 (permalink))
Old
influx (Offline)

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Default 02-02-2008, 11:32 AM

Dear Miranda and Silent Wolf (and everybody else): First of all, I'm so sorry you've had such awful experiences. I've also been through all those things you descibe. I've had the killer cramps (and needed the heavy duty pain killers) and the extremely heavy flow and the extra-long periods. You name it, I've had it.

But I still insist that our society' attitude (aided and abetted by the mega pharmaceutical companies and medical supply houses) encourages females to see their reproductive cycles as a nuisance and worse.

I also think the medical profession is extremely lazy and should be researching the causes of painful and unpredicatable cycles and trying very hard to find real cures for these things. I mean real cures that fix the underlying hormonal problems and not just bandaid remedies that cover up the symptoms and leave the underlying problem to fester.

PS: the ground hog saw his shadow. Six more weeks of winter!
(#108 (permalink))
Old
Hannahmontanagurl123456 (Offline)
Addict

Rating: 14 Votes / 4.36 Average
Default 02-02-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorwho_gal View Post
I was sooo terrified about starting my period but it was really no-where as bad as it seemed.I was actually kinda glad 'cos although its annoying its good to know its out of the way and I don't have to worry about it starting anymore.
Same.
I was afraid about it and now that i have it, its not AS bad as i thought it would be, knowing thats its happening to almost every girl in my grade makes it easier.

Do.You.Remember.When
Getting high only meant swinging on the playground
The worst things boys could do was give you cooties
Wearing Skirts didnt mean you were bad
war was just a card game
Life was carefree
Its silly looking back on all of this and remembering
That all we ever wanted to do was grow up
(#109 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 02-02-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by influx View Post
Dear Miranda and Silent Wolf (and everybody else): First of all, I'm so sorry you've had such awful experiences. I've also been through all those things you descibe. I've had the killer cramps (and needed the heavy duty pain killers) and the extremely heavy flow and the extra-long periods. You name it, I've had it.

But I still insist that our society' attitude (aided and abetted by the mega pharmaceutical companies and medical supply houses) encourages females to see their reproductive cycles as a nuisance and worse.

I also think the medical profession is extremely lazy and should be researching the causes of painful and unpredicatable cycles and trying very hard to find real cures for these things. I mean real cures that fix the underlying hormonal problems and not just bandaid remedies that cover up the symptoms and leave the underlying problem to fester.

PS: the ground hog saw his shadow. Six more weeks of winter!

Actually, from what I've seen a lot of girls love having their period. I don't; I find it a nuisance because I have to run to the bathroom every hour to make sure I haven't leaked, even though I'm on the pill, and I also find it a nuisance because my mother is forcing me to go to the gynacologist again to possibly be examinated on the grounds of her own problems.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#110 (permalink))
Old
influx (Offline)

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Default 02-03-2008, 10:17 AM

Silent Wolf, if you don't mind my asking a pushy question--you mentioned needing a shot earlier. What shot is that?