Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#91 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 12-22-2007, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Wolf View Post
Some of the symptoms of PMS I get are.. well, how do I describe it.

It's like I have an effing COLD. Whenever my period's coming, I start getting a stuffy nose, a clogged up head, and I feel achy. How wonderful. Oh well, gives me a head start on when it's coming up. I just wish medicine worked for it; I took Sudaphed once and it did nothing. o.o
Along with getting a peculiar cold that only comes that time of the month, I also end up with the runs and a horrible sick-to-the-stomachness. And it's always a freaking week BEFORE I get my period. -__- I've discovered this and GAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#92 (permalink))
Old
nslaney (Offline)

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 3 Votes / 4.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to nslaney
Default Bleeding - 12-31-2007, 01:25 PM

My periods are most always regular. Right now, It's the day I'm supposed to be having my period and instead of the normal blood and membrane that's red and brownish, it's just plain white/clear gummy/milky fluid that's coming out. Is this normal and should I be worried?

Noellehttp://www.noelleslaney1994newfoundland.piczo.com This is my website. Please go into it. It's so awesome! If you visit it sign the guestbook and shoutbox.

Last edited by nslaney : 01-02-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#93 (permalink))
Old
influx (Offline)

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: Not Rated
Default 01-05-2008, 10:51 AM

FYI: Ovulation happens 14 days before your period.

Britanybrit123123: Do you mean mucus at the same time as your period or at a different time of the month?
There is some mucus that comes out along with the blood, and your period might sometimes resemble like its stretching as it comes out of you (sorry TMI!) and that's normal.
If your periods are heavy so just one pad doesn't work, try putting your pads on end to end and overlap them a little. (I also wear dark and heavy sweatpants!) And put a towel down on the bed at night.
There is also discharge that happens between periods. If it's clear or white, doesn't itch or burn, it's normal. If its heavy, wear a pantyliner.
Good luck.
(#94 (permalink))
Old
nslaney (Offline)

Default 01-06-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by influx View Post
FYI: Ovulation happens 14 days before your period.

Britanybrit123123: Do you mean mucus at the same time as your period or at a different time of the month?
There is some mucus that comes out along with the blood, and your period might sometimes resemble like its stretching as it comes out of you (sorry TMI!) and that's normal.
If your periods are heavy so just one pad doesn't work, try putting your pads on end to end and overlap them a little. (I also wear dark and heavy sweatpants!) And put a towel down on the bed at night.
There is also discharge that happens between periods. If it's clear or white, doesn't itch or burn, it's normal. If its heavy, wear a pantyliner.
Good luck.
I mean JUST mucas type discharge at the time when I should be getting my period. No blood what so ever.

Noellehttp://www.noelleslaney1994newfoundland.piczo.com This is my website. Please go into it. It's so awesome! If you visit it sign the guestbook and shoutbox.
(#95 (permalink))
Old
yourlucky13_x (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 2 Votes / 3.50 Average
Default 01-06-2008, 07:26 PM

Periods suck.

It makes you moody.
I get mad easily now 'cause of mine. xD

This is how mine was like:
It was night and In was in the 5th grade. So I had to pee REALLY BADLY, so then i went to the bathroom, and once I finished(like wiping. xD) I looked at the toilet paper and started to freak. I was all like, "Okay, okay okay, my friend talked about that video before(I hadn't watched it at the time. xD), she said NOT TO PANIC" but I did anyways.

So then I wore my jeans to school then I didn't know what to do to stop the bleeding, so I wrapped alot of toilet paper on my underwear.

Then it bled throught the toilet paper, my mom saw my underwear....
Very bad expirence. xDD
-Cindy

And So The Lion Fell In Love With The Lamb<3
Yeah, i'm one of them now<3
(#96 (permalink))
Old
x_____x (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-07-2008, 07:29 PM

I haven't read the whole thread, but don't blame me for being who I am. xD

How do you know you're sure your going to have your period? You know that your period is arriving when you find discharge [white stuff] in your underwear. Also, you'll notice changes within the whole body, you will start getting more body hair, and even start developing acne.

If you want to know more, I suggest your read some of these articles I found for you :-]

Body - Getting your period
Getting Your Period - First Periods

Also, I suggest you look at this, it has some interesting facts:
WikiAnswers - If you are 11 and haven't had your period yet what ...

, ana(:
credits go to KaraKupcakex for my gorgeous avatar !(:
(#97 (permalink))
Old
influx (Offline)

Default 01-08-2008, 08:58 AM

Britanybrit123123 or nslany (not quite sure who to address this to): A period always has blood. What you're describing is no period. But I'm thinking that if you have a mucus discharge that's as heavy as a period you really need to see a doctor. Good luck!

tita20001: so sorry it happened that way for you. Didn't your mom teach you anything about it before it happened? I was very lucky my mom did when I was 9 so when it happened a few years later it was a good experience and not bad.
(#98 (permalink))
Old
nslaney (Offline)

Default 01-26-2008, 08:31 PM

I got my period two sundays ago, it ended last sunday. Today, six days after my period ended, I got a really heavy, bloody discharge. Is this normal?

(#99 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 01-27-2008, 12:07 AM

I knew a girl who had hers while she was wearing white corduroy jeans.
you can guess what happened..

Last edited by Miranda_ : 02-15-2009 at 09:09 AM.
(#100 (permalink))
Old
influx (Offline)

Default 01-31-2008, 09:38 AM

No, no, no! Your period doesn't suck! There's nothing disgusting about your body! Why do females refuse to respect the fact that we can CREATE LIFE! Arggh!!! Males are proud of their bodies and don't think ANYTHING they do is icky or disgusting. *sighs* I have to sign off now so I can bang my head against that wall over there.

I'm back from banging my head and I read the earlier posts.

nslaney: how old are you and how long have you been getting periods? If you've been having them for at least two years, you should be more regular than that. What happened might just be a fluke. But if it happens again, see your doctor because you might have a hormonal imbalance.

PrincessKD: okay, yuck--but only about the gym teacher inserting the tampon. That was really out of line. She should have wadded up a whole bunch of toilet paper to tide her over and call your friends mom

Last edited by Miranda_ : 02-01-2008 at 07:56 AM.