Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
xJESSiCA (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 26 Votes / 3.54 Average
Default 01-30-2007, 11:51 PM

Well, I recently got braces, and let me tell you, they are no fun, especially seeing how my gums and teeth are extremely sensitive. Plus, seeing as I only got them on my front four teeth, I can't wait until I get them on all of my teeth.

Well, here is just like a place to talk about brushing and care tecniques, and how to deal with the pain as they are adjusted to straighten my teeth even more. Also, if you are getting braces soon, you can get advice on how much they really hurt and how to deal with it as they put them on. Also, get the strengths and weaknesses of different kinds of braces, like invisiline, ceramics, and metal ones.

Also, if anyone is unsure about the location of this thread, I asked support about where I should put it.

Also, the ceramic braces are really cool because if you have light teeth, you can't see them that much. I have 'em, and a friend thought I had a retainer, because all she could see was the metal bar.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 05-19-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
fiveleafclover (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via AIM to fiveleafclover
Default 01-31-2007, 08:56 PM

My mom got the light colored ones. Just avoid dark colored sodas (like coke and dr. pepper) and coffee, because it stains it.

Oh and, brush your teeth. A lot. If you don't brush your teeth you get white scars...which...are not fun. And floss and stuff.

And on the pain factor, it hurts after you get them on, and after you get them tightened. that should hurt only for a day or two.

Yeah, well, braces aren't really that bad... it just gets really annoying constantly getting food stuck in them though. XD

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
xJESSiCA (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 26 Votes / 3.54 Average
Default 01-31-2007, 10:29 PM

I know. I don't take a brush to school, so after lunch it is SO annoying to have bits of white bread and ham and lettuce stuck under them and below them.

No coke, I know. I absolutely love diet coke. Do you think if I brushed my teeth right afterwards it would be okay, along with flossing and mouthwash?

And I haven't had them adjusted yet, but my best friend Kendra has them and she says when she gets them adjusted she doesn't eat anything but pasta. Also, it is kind of funny because another one of my best friends, Carmen, is having hers off a week from tomorrow.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
vball_spiker (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-01-2007, 12:55 AM

I'm getting mine off in March..I've had them for 2 years..not that bad tho
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-01-2007, 08:06 AM

You can get special brace cleaning brushes now; those should be useful when cleaning bits of food from your brace.

I never had one; my teeth are only slightly crooked and it's not even noticeable.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 02-01-2007, 04:28 PM

My mom said I might have to get them for my top teeth, and there's only ONE tooth that's not even; it's the way it grew out, and in truth it's only noticable if I give someone a toothy smile.

If anyone in my family does, it's my brother. His lower teeth are a hurricaned picket fence!

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Rain538 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-22-2007, 08:23 AM

*Sniff*And another bad thing about braces: NO SKITTLES OR JOLLY RANCHERS

Warrior cat books firggen rule the earth a long side pie and the peace sign.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
CutiezRox121 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 6 Votes / 3.67 Average
Cool 04-22-2007, 06:14 PM

I am addicted to Jolly Ranchers and always have them in my purse. I eat them all of the time, and it doesn't to anything to my braces. I don't think that Skittles are sticky enough to do anything to them either. Jolly Ranchers sometimes stick to my braces, but never did anything to them. As long as you suck them and not chew them you should be a-okay .

rica
Happy Halloween!