Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#51 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 11-14-2008, 04:32 PM

First off, you need to get your mother some help. She's rubbing off on you in a really negative way. I think that you need to sit down with her and talk to her. No screaming, no yelling, make that very clear to her. Tell her that you want to be healthy but her putting you down by what you eat and calling you fat is NOT the way to help you get on the path to being a healthy adult in the future. Also, if by 'supermodel thin' you mean to the point a strong gust of wind could knock them over, you need to tell her (without flipping out at her reaction) she may need help too. If it makes it any easier, maybe find out if there are programs that allow mothers and daughters to help each other out with issues like these. In fact, there are numerous self-confidence and self-esteem workshops. Might take awhile to find them, but it'd be well worth the effort to find one.

Also, talk to your doctor about your body image and find out what a healthy weight should be for you. Take into account your body shape (eg bone frame, not weight!), regular exercise patterns (meaning before you started at the gym at your school and after), as well as size of bones as yes, some people really do just have big bones. However, I'm going to tell you this; at 5'5" at your age, you should be weighing a little more than 110 pounds. However this obviously varies person to person, but as I said, you should talk to your doctor and maybe a dietician if you're truly concerned.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#52 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Lightbulb 11-14-2008, 04:41 PM

I am 13 years old, I weigh around 100-110 pounds and am about your height.
There is nothing wrong with weighing 100 or more pounds at your age. I also look in the mirror sometimes and go,"am i fat?" It's all in our imagination and the medias idea of skinny people being gorgeous 20-30 year old actresses weighing 90 pounds messing with our heads. -.- Your mom should NOT be telling you you're fat. If anything she should be complimenting you. Lowering your self-esteem to the point where you are thinking of starving yourself means something is seriously wrong there. Just don't worry about it, like Silent_Wolf said, your bone structure also affects your body's look. 110 pounds is NOT fat, believe me! Especially when you're tall.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#53 (permalink))
Old
Rocketship_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 6 Votes / 4.17 Average
Default 11-14-2008, 05:55 PM

I way 117 pounds, and I'm barely fourteen, and 5'1.
-sigh- Great...

John Bonham
29 years gone, but never forgotten.
R.I.P.
5-31-48 - 9-25-80
We salute you.
(#54 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-15-2008, 02:56 PM

Everyone, stop worrying about stupid numbers. Whether or not you are overweight has nothing to do with a number. I weigh 170-180 and clearly as you have seen from my pictures I am not "fat", though those stupid charts would say otherwise. You can't go by a number because they are only in comparison to other girls and weight in general has been dropping, making the average much lower. If you look healthy that is all that matters.

Cupcakes, search out professional help. Anorexia is never the right way to go and it is difficult to stop. I am a recovering anorexic and it is one of the most difficult things to deal with because I have to make a complete mental change. Go to a teacher, a counselor, any ADULT you can trust and they will direct you to someone who will help you realize that you are beautiful just the way you are.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#55 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Lightbulb 11-15-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty
Everyone, stop worrying about stupid numbers. Whether or not you are overweight has nothing to do with a number. If you look healthy that is all that matters.
EXACTLY! No one has the right to define "skinny" or "pretty". It's all influenced by the media, celebrities and people's personal perspections. It doesn't matter, just like Kitty said, as long as you're healthy, that's all that counts.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 05-19-2009 at 06:17 PM.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
xomusicluvaa (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via AIM to xomusicluvaa
Default 11-17-2008, 02:15 PM

i had an eating disorder in 7th grade. was not fun. this one group of kids kept picking on me and calling me fat. one day i didnt eat lunch. the next three days was the same. then i skipped breakfast and ended up only eating 2 100 callorie packs a day. one day i fainted and finally mom helped me get over it.
(#57 (permalink))
Old
Lena_x (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via Yahoo to Lena_x
Default 11-17-2008, 09:37 PM

I've never dealt with eating disorders. I've been tempted, but I've actually never had the guts. What is funny though is I just got back from a vacation, and while I was on vacation I would look in the mirror at my stomach and waist and think, "I look great!" and it looked like my waist was actually...smaller. And then when I'm home and around the peer pressure to be skinny and a size 0 (being muscular and bigger boned is hereditary in my family) then the image I see in the mirror is contorted and I'm never happy with myself. You were made the way you were, you can't change that in a healthy way. And peer pressure is just one bad thing about being a human being and it doesn't get better until you're in the real world, and even there there is still a trace of it. You just have to be happy with yourself, and I know being accepted and attractive to guys (or girls for you guys) is very important, and you just have to realize that one day a guy will come around who won't care if you're gorgeous or not so gorgeous, he's just gonna love the real you. And anyone that matters will be the same.

~Lena

Signature by kkloobie
Click the banner to go to my site.

(#58 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-18-2008, 01:05 AM

Exactly. No one has to starve or purge themselves just to please others and fit into a stereotype. One day someone will come along who really loves you and finds you beautiful no matter what you look like. Even if you have a problem, like I still do, they will help you to change your view of yourself and help you get healthy/get the proper help. It really took my new boyfriend for me to see that I am beautiful. I have a hard time believing that all of the time, but I am getting there. I actually eat frequently now, even if some of the meals are smaller than I would like, and am no longer obsessed with losing weight. I still think to an extent that I am fat, but I actually can look at myself and see that I do have nice legs and a beautiful hourglass shape that others, like my boyfriend, find beautiful. All it takes is a little love for you just the way you are and everything can change.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#59 (permalink))
Old
Mathiea26

Default 02-21-2009, 01:16 PM

I have anorexia nervosa. My BMI doesn't usually show it, because of my build, but I've been diagnosed.

I also have bipolar I, and I find that when I'm manic, I won't feel hungry, but when I start eating, I eat more. It's so strange.

~Mathiea
(#60 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-22-2009, 09:11 AM

I tend to eat loads when I'm worrying about something, or upset; I have to work hard not to undo all my good work and start bingeing. I don't bother with BMI or all that rubbish; I go how I feel. I know I'm not a skinny little waif, but then again, I don't want to be.