Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 05-25-2007, 05:52 AM

Only if it makes you quit eating altogether; a lot of people have weird fears like that.

I'm semi scared of puking too; such is why I make sure I chew my food up properly. ^^;

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Hannahmontanagurl123456 (Offline)
Addict

Rating: 14 Votes / 4.36 Average
Default 05-26-2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Wolf View Post
Only if it makes you quit eating altogether; a lot of people have weird fears like that.

I'm semi scared of puking too; such is why I make sure I chew my food up properly. ^^;
thats what i do! ^^
No, i wouldnt stop eating! Some people are crazy!
i just chew good. =) lol

Do.You.Remember.When
Getting high only meant swinging on the playground
The worst things boys could do was give you cooties
Wearing Skirts didnt mean you were bad
war was just a card game
Life was carefree
Its silly looking back on all of this and remembering
That all we ever wanted to do was grow up
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
xJESSiCA (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 26 Votes / 3.54 Average
Default 05-26-2007, 11:41 AM

I think it is kinda hilarious, because people say they are fasting, and there are two problems.

1. They are not eating (or drinking) anything at all, except water.
2. They are not religious.

When you fast, you drink things like Slim Fast, because it is really unhealthy to not eat anything at all. My mom wants to get into fasting this summer.

Lately, I haven't been eating a lot, but only in the past couple of days. On Thursday, I had half a can of slim fast and half of a 100 calorie pack of chocolate and caramel chex. For lunch, I had one hot dog and a bottle of Powerade, and I had no dinner. Yesterday, I had a bagel and half of a popey-seed muffin (along with a mocha frapp). I went to a teacher's party (mom works at my school) for lunch, so I had a brat, three little cocktail shrimps, a pistachio pudding salad (really good), and a lot of dessert, but no dinner.

I am sure you wanted to hear everything I have eaten...my point is I didn't eat a lot because I stopped when I was full. That is what people's problem is. They eat all that they have on their plate, even if it makes them really full. I stopped when I was content. But then, they gain a lot of weight, and they develope an eating disorder.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
cwer (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 20 Votes / 4.15 Average
Default 05-26-2007, 12:21 PM

I think if you have an "eating disorder" its mostly your fault. If YOUR the one doing it, its your responsibility. And also, the peer pruesure these days,whew.......

(#25 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-26-2007, 12:59 PM

That's a very nasty and ignorant thing to say. If you'd ever had an eating disorder, you'd realise that.

(#26 (permalink))
Old
catewilliams (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.00 Average
Send a message via AIM to catewilliams Send a message via MSN to catewilliams
Default 04-01-2008, 09:59 PM

Although I'm not entirely sure, I'm fairly positive my mother has an eating disorder. After taking a class on it, she showed all the signs of it.

I've never had one, but I would sugest that maybe you consult Teens Alone if they have it in your area? They're really great at /confidential/ help, and they meet at coffee shops, parks, on walks, etc etc or at school.

.[Purple Pleasure].
Sasi sasi o to aro aro
O angi si nau boroi amu
Ni ma oe e fasi korona
Dolali dasa na, lao dai afuimae
Afuta guau mauri, Afuta wela inomae
.:C
ate:.

(#27 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 04-02-2008, 05:24 AM

I live in a village; I eventually decided that the risk of everyone knowing was less than the risk of doing myself some damage. That was when I told my parents about both the self harm and the eating disorder. You need to think about what you're doing to yourself; constantly throwing up will rot your teeth and destroy your insides and starving added to that will give you brittle bone disease and could make you infertile. Is the thought of embarrassment really worth not preventing this?

(#28 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 04-02-2008, 05:53 AM

Hm. Well, you have Kids Help Phone, right? You can always call them and talk it out. Uh, I can't think of any kinds of Teen Help facilities in Canada at the moment. None in my city, anyway.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 04-02-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
I suffered from compulsive eating disorder while at school; it's as common as anorexia, but is rarely recognised as an eating disorder the way anorexia is. It took me a long time to recover from it, including losing all the weight with a normal healthy diet and exercise.
How can you be sure one has it? I'm worried that my little sister might, but I want to be sure before I suggest this to my mom.

If you want a list of what she does and why I susptect her of having this, I'll tell you in PM; it's long and complicated.

(#30 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 04-02-2008, 02:45 PM

Well, if she's eating loads of food, that's a sign. Also, going on a starvation diet and breaking it after a day or so, and binging again. That's what I used to do; it's hard to break the cycle. Compulsive eaters tend to use food as a prop the way that an alcoholic would use booze.