Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
tjsgrl01 (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Send a message via AIM to tjsgrl01
Default 01-27-2007, 09:57 PM

When I was little my sister had an eating disorder. She was in about 10th grade and I remember her puking in the kitchen garbage and she told me not to tell anyone. And of course I didn't because I was too young to undertsnad what was going on. Now shes 21 and has acid reflux from making herslef throw up for all that time.
I think it's kinda sad that people are so unhappy with the way they look that they have to change their looks by such dangerous means.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 01-28-2007, 06:17 PM

tjs, I have a friend who was bulimic. He damaged his esophogus so badly that he has a difficult time eating and talking now. I remember him having to drop out of Chamber Singers due to the fact that he could no longer sing.

Av & Sig Credit: Me

Last edited by Miranda_ : 05-19-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
j7113

Default 01-28-2007, 09:44 PM

really good article - i used to think i was anorexic because i'm like the skinniest girl in my grade - but i eat all the time so i guess i'm just a skinny person
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-29-2007, 07:13 AM

Yep; you're just naturally thin. If you're eating all the time, then you're not anorexic, and the girls who call you that are probably just jealous.

(#15 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 02-02-2007, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleyfelix View Post
I'm thin and skip lunch every day. The kids at school say I have an eating disorder >_< I'm always like, "You should see me when I'm at home..." I pig out at home, just eating at school freaks me out because I hate eating in front of cute boys. LOL Who needs lunch anyways? To me, it's the least important meal.
Eh, depends on how you grew up. I'm part Italian, so when I go to visit my Grandma we always have a biiiiig lunch, and hardly any super. If any.

Eating disorders are really more of a mental thing. People with them normally see a distorted image of themselves,and so they try to fix it.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

(#16 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 02-03-2007, 08:24 PM

I know girls who think they're fat, and they're only slightly tubby around the waist. That's baby fat, but they don't believe it.

Sometimes I go for awhile without eating, have a normal meal, go for awhile, maybe skip lunch, normal meal, then a snack before bed.

Is that bad? Recently I haven't felt like eating much, but I'm not sure if that's linked to a medicine I have to take for a sinus infection.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm

Last edited by Miranda_ : 03-31-2008 at 04:56 PM.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 02-04-2007, 12:25 PM

No. That's kinda normal. I went through episodes like that. Puberty does it to 'ya.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

(#18 (permalink))
Old
catgal_l

Default 03-04-2007, 12:47 PM

I agree, but anorexics cannot help being anorexic, it's a health problem and it's not their fault especially if ppl tell them they're fat. But they do make you feel a bit queasy with all the bones and skin and they don't even notice!
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-24-2007, 08:13 AM

I read about a woman who was scared of being sick, and so she stopped eating. Can't remember what it was called, but it's not anorexia as such, but another thing entirely. Fear of choking or fear of vomiting; ppl are strange creatures.

(#20 (permalink))
Old
Hannahmontanagurl123456 (Offline)
Addict

Rating: 14 Votes / 4.36 Average
Default 05-24-2007, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
I read about a woman who was scared of being sick, and so she stopped eating. Can't remember what it was called, but it's not anorexia as such, but another thing entirely. Fear of choking or fear of vomiting; ppl are strange creatures.
i have a fear of puking.
Is that bad

Do.You.Remember.When
Getting high only meant swinging on the playground
The worst things boys could do was give you cooties
Wearing Skirts didnt mean you were bad
war was just a card game
Life was carefree
Its silly looking back on all of this and remembering
That all we ever wanted to do was grow up