Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 04-13-2008, 06:57 PM

I need meds. -.- I really don't want it to develop into Bipolar I. That'd suck.

My mom had depression and her doctor wouldn't give her a refill when she finished her medication. It was stupid. She's getting better, though.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Hahie49 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 04-17-2008, 07:19 PM

I'm not depressed or anything but i'm really worried about a friend. She is cutting, at first it was just really little ones, but they are getting deeper and deeper, she goes goes to really crazy parties and does drugs. And is ALWAYS missing school. Her dad kicked her out of the house and she is now living with a friend. All of this and she is only 13, I really want to help her!

~Harmony
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 04-19-2008, 10:03 AM

Jesus!

What the $u*!£ kind of Dad does that? He had no right to randomly evict her, He's responsible for her, If she still wants to live with him, Call childline, then there won't be much he can do about her.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#24 (permalink))
Old
x_____x (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-19-2008, 09:50 PM

I'm actually not sure of what's going on with me... I have a pretty strange life...
I'm a very social person, I have tons of friends that constantly surround me, but sometimes I feel like committing suicide. I haven't ever cut before, but have gotten close to it. I always stop myself before anything actually happens. No-one would ever possibly think of me as a girl who cuts herself.

Just yesterday, my friends sister privately asked to talk to me, and it made me feel awkward because she told me about a problem she was having with a friend -kept confidential-, and asked me what I would do, since I have tons of friends, and she has a small social circle. I didn't know what to say.

Another problem is that there's this girl, who tries to be me; and she's in my class.
She stole my best friend, I know that might sound childish, but she actually persuaded my best friend into ditching me, and hanging out with her. She also fell in love with my crush, when he was starting to notice me + talk to me, and I actually thought something might happen between us. And there's other small things too, like copying what I wear, bringing the same lunch, etc. There are days where I feel like slicing her open, and feeding her to the junkyard dogs. -___-

My parents don't care. I don't have anyone to talk to, but I have tried talking to my mom about letting me go to a therapist, and out of nowhere, she says it would ruin my reputation -WTF?!- and starts asking me why, when I told her it's not her business why. My mom wants me to be perfect, which I know is the opposite of my life. It's best for me not to say why, but I guess I will: I was born with one eye -make fun.-, I can't see with the other one, and it's not like a normal eye, it's spherical and all, but there's no pupil and it's white with gray spots. I was always teased, and when I ran home crying to my mom, it made her cry too, since she always thought that it was all her fault. I currently wear a prosthesis, which is a lens replica of an eye. I still sometimes cry at the fact that I will always only be able to see out of one eye, but what can you do? That's how some people are born.

-is currently crying-

, ana(:
credits go to KaraKupcakex for my gorgeous avatar !(:

Last edited by x_____x : 04-19-2008 at 09:59 PM.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Hahie49 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Default 04-19-2008, 11:22 PM

Thanks, I really want to help her, and all of that is super useful.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Rose36 (Offline)
Addict

Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-20-2008, 10:50 AM

Cupcakes, you are not alone. Though you may have many friends, perhaps the lack of someone you can actually trust to talk about these problems is bothering you. Going to a therapist is not something to be ashamed of. If your mother won't let you go to one, perhaps you can talk to a counselor at school or to another trusted adult (I talk to my aunt and to my grandmother, for example, if I can't talk to my parents). As for the copy-cat, well, they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. If it is annoying you this badly though, try talking to her about it in private. She may be completely envious of your supposedly perfect life and therefore wants to emulate you. Point out what makes her unique and different from you: perhaps a few compliments will help her to see her own special qualities as assets to be flaunted instead of yours :P And your eye? Seriously, that's the coolest thing I've ever heard of, no offense ^^;; Take pride in it! You are so unique and special; take pride in what makes you different. My grandma's arm is shorter than the other, my mother's bellybutton is off-center, and I have super-long toes that look like a monkey's XD But I take great pride in them because they help make up who I am

Best of luck, and take hope.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 05-19-2009 at 07:18 PM.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
x_____x (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-20-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Cupcakes, you are not alone. Though you may have many friends, perhaps the lack of someone you can actually trust to talk about these problems is bothering you. Going to a therapist is not something to be ashamed of. If your mother won't let you go to one, perhaps you can talk to a counselor at school or to another trusted adult (I talk to my aunt and to my grandmother, for example, if I can't talk to my parents). As for the copy-cat, well, they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. If it is annoying you this badly though, try talking to her about it in private. She may be completely envious of your supposedly perfect life and therefore wants to emulate you. Point out what makes her unique and different from you: perhaps a few compliments will help her to see her own special qualities as assets to be flaunted instead of yours :P And your eye? Seriously, that's the coolest thing I've ever heard of, no offense ^^;; Take pride in it! You are so unique and special; take pride in what makes you different. My grandma's arm is shorter than the other, my mother's bellybutton is off-center, and I have super-long toes that look like a monkey's XD But I take great pride in them because they help make up who I am

Best of luck to the both of you, and take hope.

Aw, thanks so much Rose. ^_^
I just wanted to say a few things, that if I go to a counselor, wont they contact my parents? I really don't want them too, but I guess I'll try to. As for the copycat, I don't know if I can, since she went a little too far when she started flirting with my crush, and thanks on the compliment on my eye. :]

God bless you, Rose. ^_^

, ana(:
credits go to KaraKupcakex for my gorgeous avatar !(:
(#28 (permalink))
Old
LILreBeL08 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to LILreBeL08
Default 12-30-2008, 01:58 AM

my brothers friend has gone through depression. im really worried because he tried to commit suicide once. his parents are really tough on him. the poor dude):

Don't be a hater....
Be a hatter
(#29 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 12-30-2008, 10:05 AM

My parents where tough on me once. I simply decided I'd give them as much trouble back as I could. We're now at a stalemate where they know that being tough on me will result in trouble, regardless of wether it's coming sooner or later. :) And guess what? We're getting along so much better than before now. Especially me and my dad. But my dear mother still has a habit of trying to control my whole life in subtler ways than before. *sigh* Sometimes it isen't the parents who have to stand up and be adult, but rather the children.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#30 (permalink))
Old
xxMeggieMaggot (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Default 01-09-2009, 01:55 AM

I have depression [and a lot of other things too.] I've always asked my mum to be checked out by a doctor to see if i have bipolar. We havent done it yet. Depression has made me do some bad things, things i'm not even willing to share here. I love reading other peoples fight against it and their life story. It makes me feel comforted.

blue_tornado ♥