Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#201 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 05-12-2006, 10:41 AM

Thanks for commenting, and here's some new dolls:

I made this doll a while ago actually, but I realised only just now I had forgotten to post it here. *facepalm* sorry about that, but here she is now. The bruises look a bit too purple, but otherwise I'm quite satsified.

Can I just say I hate, hate, hate, hate, 500x hate the left one's skirt? Well, I do. It's so fugly. Gahh. Otherwise they're ok I guess. Here's a bit of background info I wrote about them, if anyone cares to read:
Quote:
They were living in a huge old mansion that had fallen into a state of disrepair. When I stepped into the hall, I saw a winding staircase leading up into the second floor, which had been empty for decades. Both left and right were dark corridors, lined with closed and locked doors. Later I learned they only used five rooms out of this huge building. I simply couldn't imagine what it would be like to live in such a house - even though I'm a practical person and don't believe in the supernatural, the thought of being surrounded by countless dark, empty rooms made me feel uneasy. The whole place smelled of dust, mould and the passing of time.
I stepped into the living-room, which was filled with old furniture. The sisters were sitting on an old sofa, which had doubtless once been a fine piece of furniture, judging from the intricate carvings on the dark wood and the fine green fabric. However, the wood was dusty and creaking, the fabric was faded and worn out and for all it had once been, it was just an old sofa now. But more than the sofa, I was fascinated by the appearance of the sisters. One of them was sitting straight, even a little stiff, wearing an old-fashioned but well-preserved dress, her hair in a neat updo. At first I mistook her for a much older person, but then I realised she was probably no older than 35. Her eyes were grey and she had the look of a person who has been through a lot, her face lined with creases of worry.
The other sister was sprawled on the sofa in a completely undignified pose, wearing the strangest mixture of mismatching styles and colours. Her hair was messy, and her eyes were nearly white, like those of a blind person. When she turned her head in my direction, I realised she probably was blind, as her gaze was fixed on a point about two metres left of me. She was smiling a strange, distant smile that gave me a rather eerie feeling.
"Please excuse my sister," said a quiet, weary voice. When I looked back to the other sister, I realised that as different they looked at first, the sisters also had many similarities. They were both about the same height, and had similar facial features. Their hair was also the same mousy blonde colour. "After she lost her eyesight, she hasn't been quite herself. My name is Adelaide, and my sister is Elinor."
I apologize for any messed-up words, lousy grammar and plain stupidity the above text may contain.

Bases and sofa outline from DHF, faces from Fainelloth.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#202 (permalink))
Old
sweet_pea200202 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Rating: 1 Votes / 3.00 Average
Send a message via AIM to sweet_pea200202 Send a message via Yahoo to sweet_pea200202
Default 05-12-2006, 01:43 PM

I think you did a great job on this one, yeah I agree but I think its just the flow of the dress on her legs that doesn't sit right. other than that hey both look lovely.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#203 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-13-2006, 09:22 AM

Thank you very much for commenting!

Well, since tomorrow is Mother's Day, I thought I should make something for my mother. I like how the doll's hair turned out, not too keen on the dress but I guess it's ok. Any CC would be appreciated.

Base and props, face.

(#204 (permalink))
Old
sourbaby1

Default 05-28-2006, 06:49 PM

its sooooooooooooo cooooooooool

nice job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(#205 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-29-2006, 12:12 PM

Thankies! ^^
I know I've been completely neglecting my doll-making duties as of late, but here is one new doll:

I don't like how the pants and boots look, but her shirt turned out really pretty, I think it looks kinda like silk.
Base.

(#206 (permalink))
Old
Dollog

Default 05-30-2006, 12:59 AM

cooooool dolls!!!! I am so surprised
(#207 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-11-2006, 04:53 AM

Thanks for commenting, and here's another new doll:

I'm afraid my skills have gotten a bit rusty, but she didn't turn out too bad (I hope).
Base.

(#208 (permalink))
Old
Taya17 (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 4 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 06-11-2006, 08:30 AM

excelent work

(#209 (permalink))
Old
Glitter_J (Offline)
Professional

Rating: Not Rated
Default 06-11-2006, 09:13 AM

She turned out wonderful! I *love* her top! And you did such a nice job on her pants too.
(#210 (permalink))
Old
chloesammy

Default 06-13-2006, 05:59 PM

Here is a link to my totally awesome dolls:
http://chloesammy.thedollpalace.com/album/