Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
erivitale (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default Eri's dollies *dollmaker&handdrawn* - 11-19-2012, 07:49 PM

I think it's probably wise to make one of these, just in case anyone would like to give any helpful criticism or (god willing) kudos! This is a handdrawn doll I just made... i know this is a dollmaker thread, but instead of making a thread in each, I think it's better to just make one for my own dolls. I will be posting BOTH in this thread, the first just happens to be handdrawn. so...here!

comments?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-19-2012, 10:46 PM

You need to add in base credit. The top of the socks should follow the curve of her legs, rather than being a flat line, and same goes for the bottom of the skirt. I love how you did the hair!

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
erivitale (Offline)
Silent

Default 11-19-2012, 10:46 PM

btw, the base is here
(#4 (permalink))
Old
erivitale (Offline)
Silent

Default 11-19-2012, 10:48 PM

ohhh i see...gotcha! thanks for that tip its obvious but i never would've realized it on my own hahaha :looney:
(#5 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-19-2012, 11:40 PM

No worries Have you looked at any tuts yet? Watermellon Bubblegum has some really useful ones, plus there are some that are linked in the forum.

Av/Sig set: Lovie

Last edited by belladoggy : 11-19-2012 at 11:44 PM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Default 11-20-2012, 02:25 AM

I like that.

I can't wait to see more of your dollehs. Oh you could post some of your most recent dolls so we can comment on those. ^^

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-20-2012, 06:56 AM

It's generally best to have a separate thread for each, as that way you can get CC from people who might only visit the handdrawn forum and not the dollmakers one. If you like, you can edit your first post and I'll move this to Handdrawn, and you can post a separate dollmaker thread. ^^

CC wise, the hair looks good, tho could do with some more stranding and some loose hairs so that it's not perfect and the skirt could do with some folds. Also, clothes generally don't follow the outline of the body, even tight clothes have some folds and creases. I agree with Bridie about checking out Watermelon Bubblegum for tuts; Ninique's Minidolls also has some good ones for beginning dollers (and non beginners who need a bit of extra help! XD).

(#8 (permalink))
Old
erivitale (Offline)
Silent

Default 11-20-2012, 05:48 PM

thanks all, ive been trying to find good tutorials and those seem like a good place to start. and miranda if you'd like i wouldnt mind if you placed this in the handdrawn thread instead. doesnt make a difference to me
(#9 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 11-30-2012, 11:19 AM

Congrats on winning Doll of the Month!!! I really love your use of color on this doll! In addition to all the other CC's I have a few:

The attention to the little details always wins me over. You have SO many little details and I LOVE that! However, one thing is bugging me. The accent on her shoe should be on the other side. You never see accents on the inner-ankle, it's always the outer ankle.

Also, the beauty mark is a favorite of mine (because I have one IRL too!) However, I find that they look better when you use a shadow skin color rather than just a black dot. So like the outer line of her skin tone's color, or even the darkest shadow color of her skin tone might be better. Yeah, beauty marks can be black (mine's a VERY dark brown, but I have black ones elsewhere) however, you have to think that as you zoom out, colors blend. Like when you look at wood grain. If you look VERY closely you can see SOOOO many specific colors, but as you back away they sort of meld together to create 1, or a few colors. Same thing should go for something so small as beauty marks.

Great job! I can't wait to see how your dolls improve next time!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
erivitale (Offline)
Silent

Default 12-18-2012, 04:32 PM

thanks for the blending tip ...never thought of it that way! gonna look up more tutorials for the hand drawn collab and hopefully improve a bit more there. so happy about doll of the month 0=]