Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 12-31-2012, 08:18 PM

Lol, I just saw Bridie beat me to it LMAO whoops.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
erivitale (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 01-01-2013, 04:35 PM

ok! added the panel behind her and tried that y shape technique for the tube area on her upper leg.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-01-2013, 09:29 PM

The panel is actually too dark; it is blending into your outline. Try using the second darkest color in your palette to fill it in, or something at least a shade lighter than what you have here. Also, I think it should fall more in the open space between her legs, and should have the same flowing shape that Alsie talked to you about earlier.

That tube-y part looks a lot better, but it could maybe use another branch of y on the dark space where her legs meet her torso. There just seems to be an odd absence of light there.

BTW, I just notice this, but her shoes are done very well! Good job on those

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#24 (permalink))
Old
erivitale (Offline)
Silent

Default 01-01-2013, 09:34 PM

kk ill play around with that...thank you! all of you. she's coming along thanks to all of you who have helped
(#25 (permalink))
Old
erivitale (Offline)
Silent

Default 01-02-2013, 05:58 PM

kk i think this is gonna be my final version unless anyone spots a serious problem with it. i've had fun perfecting her but i have a lot of other dolls i wanna work on now... funny, as i was finishing her up, i realized her garter has been missing the past few versions! i accidentally put that layer behind the base haha xD scared me for a second! thanks everyone who helped with her! )
(#26 (permalink))
Old
erivitale (Offline)
Silent

Default 02-08-2013, 10:58 PM

my HD collab doll. supposed to resemble the italian dessert struffoli (Google image search if you're not sure what that is lol)

base: Mariiii's Dolls House - Dorothee

Last edited by erivitale : 02-13-2013 at 12:09 PM.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 02-08-2013, 11:32 PM

This is really cute Erica, I googled the image then a recipe which I may make one day, sounds delicious.
I noticed that you pixel shaded the majority of the doll and then did some smudging on the hair, you should pixel shade it with more high and low lights to give the hair a lift and some more depth, you could also have added some honey drips on the bottom of the dress also,
Good job tho!

(#28 (permalink))
Old
erivitale (Offline)
Silent

Default 02-13-2013, 12:08 PM

thank you! You're right... i was trying to pixel shade the hair and i got so discouraged because I never know how to begin with curly hair... There are tutorials but I try to give it my own flair and it always ends up backfiring lol. So i just gave up and smudged x( I think I'll start next time with straight hair instead...I do straighten my hair on occassion, and it would be easier to learn with straight hair i think... anyways..thanks!