Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Eros's HD Dolls - 04-06-2012, 06:52 PM

So I am finally giving handrawned dolls a go. I've tried it before, but I would quit halfway because I've never liked how they were turning out. I may not have shaded correctly, but it's my first attempt.

Guess who it is? Misty!! She's from Poke'mon and is the Water-type gym leader. I was going to enter this for the handrawn contest, but I'm not quite sure Misty is in the video games.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
owl_3 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: Not Rated
Default 04-06-2012, 09:39 PM

You are trying hand drawing too? Cool

The critique I have is the same one Hayley gave to me. You need to put shading under the bangs of the hair. If you don't understand what I mean go to my thread. Hayley explains it there.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 04-07-2012, 12:11 PM

Yeah, Misty's in the games. She's the Water gym leader in the original ones.

She's so cute! Your shading style works well for anime/cartoons. ^_^ The shoes need some work (they seem to look a little more flat?), but it's overall very good!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 04-07-2012, 08:09 PM

Thanks for the critiques! I think I'll try hand-drawns more often.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 04-07-2012, 09:11 PM

That's cute, I like the anime-esque shading style .

(#6 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Wink FC-Rachel the Echidna - 04-21-2012, 11:29 PM

This is a doll form of my FC that I made. I certainly owe a big thanks to Hailey and her tutorials. They helped me out big time! Anyways critiques are welcomed!

(#7 (permalink))
Old
owl_3 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: Not Rated
Default 04-22-2012, 12:22 AM

Cute!
The one thing that I noticed: The hair needs to have more of the 2nd darkest colour shading, particularly around the part (the middle where the hair divides in two) of the hair.
The shirt looks well done Rachel. Keep at it
(#8 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 04-22-2012, 12:37 AM

You've got some great lines going for you! I have one critique to add to the critique given, and a helpful tip for beginers. One, the bangs are way too uniform. I can understand if they're bowl cut bangs, but even those will have variation in shading if a straight line and more parts than three chunks in equal size. And my tip to you is this: For starters I recommend you use a hair pallet from a dollmaker doll head. Once you get more attuned to drawing hair regularly I promise your pallet choice will come naturally having seen it over and over again up close and personal. I started out with a pallet, and evolved without realizing I wasn't using one anymore.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 04-22-2012, 01:00 AM

Thanks for the critiques girls. Also Lovie the reason the bangs are in 3s is because my FC's hair is like that. But other than that, thanks for the shading tips.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 04-22-2012, 02:38 PM

Looks amazing, eros! The clothing is very well done, and the hair shape is great as well. I agree with the others on maybe using an exsisting hair palette and adding more of the lightest colour, ubt otherwise, I think she looks great! I love the gloves and the makeup - they're such cute little details. ^_^