Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Hand Drawn (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/hand-drawn/)
-   -   Eros's HD Dolls (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/hand-drawn/23158-eross-hd-dolls.html)

eros 04-06-2012 05:52 PM

Eros's HD Dolls

So I am finally giving handrawned dolls a go. I've tried it before, but I would quit halfway because I've never liked how they were turning out. I may not have shaded correctly, but it's my first attempt.

Guess who it is? Misty!! She's from Poke'mon and is the Water-type gym leader. I was going to enter this for the handrawn contest, but I'm not quite sure Misty is in the video games.

owl_3 04-06-2012 08:39 PM

You are trying hand drawing too? Cool :)

The critique I have is the same one Hayley gave to me. You need to put shading under the bangs of the hair. If you don't understand what I mean go to my thread. Hayley explains it there.

TheHayleyDoll 04-07-2012 11:11 AM

Yeah, Misty's in the games. She's the Water gym leader in the original ones.

She's so cute! Your shading style works well for anime/cartoons. ^_^ The shoes need some work (they seem to look a little more flat?), but it's overall very good!

eros 04-07-2012 07:09 PM

Thanks for the critiques! I think I'll try hand-drawns more often.

Elanorea 04-07-2012 08:11 PM

That's cute, I like the anime-esque shading style :).

eros 04-21-2012 10:29 PM

FC-Rachel the Echidna

This is a doll form of my FC that I made. I certainly owe a big thanks to Hailey and her tutorials. They helped me out big time! Anyways critiques are welcomed!

owl_3 04-21-2012 11:22 PM

Cute!
The one thing that I noticed: The hair needs to have more of the 2nd darkest colour shading, particularly around the part (the middle where the hair divides in two) of the hair.
The shirt looks well done Rachel. Keep at it :)

LancasterPrincess 04-21-2012 11:37 PM

You've got some great lines going for you! I have one critique to add to the critique given, and a helpful tip for beginers. One, the bangs are way too uniform. I can understand if they're bowl cut bangs, but even those will have variation in shading if a straight line and more parts than three chunks in equal size. And my tip to you is this: For starters I recommend you use a hair pallet from a dollmaker doll head. Once you get more attuned to drawing hair regularly I promise your pallet choice will come naturally having seen it over and over again up close and personal. I started out with a pallet, and evolved without realizing I wasn't using one anymore.

eros 04-22-2012 12:00 AM

Thanks for the critiques girls. Also Lovie the reason the bangs are in 3s is because my FC's hair is like that. But other than that, thanks for the shading tips.

TheHayleyDoll 04-22-2012 01:38 PM

Looks amazing, eros! The clothing is very well done, and the hair shape is great as well. I agree with the others on maybe using an exsisting hair palette and adding more of the lightest colour, ubt otherwise, I think she looks great! I love the gloves and the makeup - they're such cute little details. ^_^