Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-24-2012, 09:25 PM

Oh yeah finally done! I did Kira who is leader of the Dragon Clan or something like that. XD
Base (c) Silindor Bases
Reference (c) Mortal Kombat Universe Kira - The Mortal Kombat Wiki

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-25-2012, 12:42 PM

Wow this Mortal Kombat doll is amazing. I love the weapons, they look really good! I love the texture you got in the corset. And the zipper looks really good (yes I know I'm a dork)

I hope I have time some day to get back into making hand drawn doll again....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 09-01-2012, 04:45 PM

You're getting very good at this. I don't love the burgundy-coloured-ish palette choice, but that's my only CC. ^_^
(#24 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 09-13-2012, 09:13 PM

Haha well I don't exactly like how the hair turned out, but she is pretty dang cute!
Base- Tiamat Base by ~leichan on deviantART

(#25 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 09-13-2012, 09:42 PM

I love the hair! That's actually my favourite part of it. Very fiery and cute. ^_^
(#26 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 09-13-2012, 11:08 PM

The hair is my favorite part too. She's so cute. I really like tat you used. a dark skin tone.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 09-27-2012, 09:34 PM

First, thanks Haley and MsShino!

Okay so I know the Mary Sue Contest was put on hold, so hopefully me entering (at this very late date) may spark some interest in it again. I used my Sonic FC, but I changed her name around and added a little more sue-ness to her! (She was kinda a Mary Sue to begin with, so I might need to change her story line... ) Anyways Rochelle's enemy is Rouge (because Rouge always flirts with her boyfriend, Knuckles. ) If you want to check out the story, go to the Mary Sue contest page.

I like the prep style bases a tad better than any other ones, because I'm so used to dolling on them. The hair needs a lot of work and I intentionally left out the tails, ears, and Rouge's wings.

Base: +Mona's+ by ~LILYtam on deviantART

(#28 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 09-28-2012, 03:08 PM

I love this. Rouge is totally recognizable even without the animal parts. This doll made me giggle when I first saw it. ^^

My only CC would be about the hair. (which you already pointed out) Rochelle's hair isn't too bad, but instead of leaving all of the strands the same dark color you might do bit of shading on them too. Still keep them darker than the rest of the hair but shade them more, like where the shine and highlights should be.... Hopefully I'm making sense. And on Rouge even though she is hanging her hair shouldn't be that stiff. Hair doesn't weigh much so it doesn't go completely straight like that. Since the story was she got caught in a trap you could definately give her messy hanging hair too.

Urg I hope I don't sound rude or arrogant I really don't mean too... You can totally ignore me if you want to.

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#29 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 09-28-2012, 03:33 PM

This doll is amazing, and even without reading anything I recognized Rouge right off the bat. (Heh, bat xD)

I agree with Shino's CC. Outlines around highlighted areas should be lighter (like your first shade color instead of the outline color.) And Rouge's hair should have more shape. Is your hair straight IRL? If it is put your head to the side and let your hair fall free. I have incredibly straight hair (minus the TN frizz) and there's still plenty of curve to the outline.

The clothes are spot on. You're really good at pants, shorts, and shoes, which most HD dollers have trouble with (myself included *envies*) so definate kudos on those!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#30 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 12-31-2012, 09:24 PM

I made this as a Secret Santa gift for Haley. She had a lot of options to work with, but I really like Kingdom Hearts! I found a Kingdom Hearts font and used it, but I added the shading inside and the outline to it. The only thing I don't like about this doll is the hair. Why can't I ever draw good hair?!
Base (c) APITCHOU ORCHID