Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 03-19-2012, 01:47 AM

That's pretty awesome, Becca! You really listen to critique well, I'm impressed! You're too hard on yourself. Only critique is once again, just kind of an opinion, but I think the doll might be more impressive if the top wasn't so plain? Maybe add some straps or turn it into shells instead of typical fabric.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-21-2012, 12:58 PM

That really is impressive; I can tell you are already becoming a force to contend with. A suggestion to help her hair look less blocky is to not outline all of it; since you want it to look like it's in water, it's okay for it not to be completely defined. It's good that you have those wisps; you could also try shading those individual flyways. Take a look at Elanorea's mermaid entry; I think you'll see what I'm talking about. Other than the jagged points in her outline, the hair looks fantastic. That tail fin is also really, really cool, and it even looks like you shaded her tale a bit, including the middle scales. Good job!

Av/Sig set: Lovie

Last edited by belladoggy : 03-21-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 03-22-2012, 06:17 PM

I really like how your mermaid turned out Becca, it's hard to beleive that you have only just started handrawing, if you enjoy it keep it up and listen to cc's, they really help, windblown or underwater hair is really hard to do so dont feel like you failed, it's a good first attemp
(#14 (permalink))
Old
owl_3 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: Not Rated
Default 03-23-2012, 11:00 PM

Thank you for the critiques!
Alright so I wanted to do 2 mermaids so here is the second one. I tried curly hair, I think it worked. The scales on her tail should curve with the tail shouldn't they? Well I didn't really know how to do it. I wasn't really sure how to do the top...It was kind of a last minute thing.

Thank you for the base Lovie. Very pretty.

Viewing a Pixel Doll Base at PixiStar
Palettes: NiniquesMinidollz
Thanks to DeathButterfly on DeviantArt for her tut.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 03-24-2012, 12:49 PM

Very Cute mermaid! I love the little details you added. Other than iron-curls I've never really ventured that way for hair, so I've got zero credentials for critiquing the hair.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#16 (permalink))
Old
owl_3 (Offline)
Silent

Default 04-06-2012, 08:36 PM

This is Midna from The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. I was going to use her as the contest image to my contest but I decided to use her as a siggy instead. The mask she is wearing is all hand done (with help from a reference picture. I changed her tattoos a little bit. Critiques would be great

Here is a picture of her if you don't know what she looks like.
File:Midna02.png - Zelda Wiki

Base: Amarylis - Dollz
Palettes: Niniques Minidollz
Font: Dafont.com
(#17 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 04-07-2012, 11:14 AM

Wow, you've gotten goooood! xD

One point is the turquoise detail on the bottom thigh is a little too straight. You rounded the other details, but forgot that one. =P The rest of it is super. You're going to be really really good pretty soon if you keep this up!
(#18 (permalink))
Old
owl_3 (Offline)
Silent

Default 04-28-2012, 04:38 PM

Base:Browsing deviantART
Palettes: Ninique's Minidollz
Font: Dafont.com

Here is my Greyhound doll for Hayley's contest. Miranda and I did the same dog...Oops. Completely unintentional. I quite like this doll. The leggings are supposed to be the fur on a greyhound and the red shirt is like the vest that they wear in races. I have her jumping over hurdles.
This is also my first time doing shoes. Big thanks to Hayley for her tut.