Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default Hayley's Handrawns 4: Return of the Pixel Art - 01-05-2012, 01:52 PM

My old thread is, well, old. It's also over 50 pages long and many images don't show up anymore. Time for a fresh start.

Honestly, in my time away from TDP, I didn't really pixel much, so there isn't much of an update to show you. I think I have 2 dolls to show, although one I'm not sure if I showed it previously or not. It was posted on deviantart over a year ago. The second one was in mid-July of this year.

Nicki Minaj in much more casual attire than she generally wears now. Nowadays she dresses more in Lady Gaga-esque strange fashion. Base by Aerieyena on deviantART

Chell, from the Portal games. I played those during my absence and I must say - BEST GAMES EVER. It's not my greatest creation (particularly the pants) but I like the upper-half of her body and her hair. =P Base by 1995RunAway on deviantART

I'm gonna go pixel some more because my update is beyond depressing. The above doll was my only COMPLETED doll this year. >_>
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Kiwi_Kat (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 01-05-2012, 03:01 PM

It's great to have you back Hayley!

I really love the vibrant colors on the Nicki Minaj doll. It really captures her eccentric style.

NO SLEEP IN HEAVEN OR BETHLEHEM
"I feel you breathing... Everywhere...The rain, the hay... please. Please Wendela."

Last edited by Kiwi_Kat : 01-05-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 01-05-2012, 05:28 PM

Thanks, kiwi, it's nice to be back, and thanks for commenting. =D

I call her, Unfinished. I got down to the last pant leg, and when I zoomed out, I thought, "That actually looks pretty interesting." So, I went back and whited some of the rest of the doll. I'm going to finish that pant leg and add any extra touches too her later I think, but for now, I kinda like it. =P

I can't remember where I found the base. I must have deleted the link I put in paint before I saved it last time I worked on it because it was gone along with all my progress steps. >_< I'll go find it now, and edit that in later tonight.

Also, I did all this on a laptop without a mouse or even a stable table. Be jealous. XD That being said, colours all look slightly brighter on the laptop, so if it looks a little odd colour-wise, (like the contrast is too much/too little, etc) that may be the issue.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 01-05-2012, 06:05 PM

Can't edit it in because Firefox is DUMB LIKE THAT. Jk. I like firefox except it doesn't like this website.... Anyway, base is by mariiiis-dolls on deviantART
(#5 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 01-07-2012, 07:17 PM

Finished another doll, yay.

Army camo. =D The top, although hard to tell with the strap covering up a considerable amount, is camouflage. Her head is half shaved because it looks cooler that way and seemed more army-esqe. Base by Aerieyena on deviantART

Gonna go pixel up a Disney Princess doll for the contest now!

DONE.

I did Ariel. I think she turned out alright. I like her tail, and her hair I liked more when it was just an outline, but obviously it had to be shaded. =P

Base by *DEAC loves you.

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 01-07-2012 at 11:33 PM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 01-18-2012, 09:43 AM

The soldier's hair reminds me of a hairstyle selectable by both genders in Skyrim.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#7 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 01-18-2012, 12:14 PM

I really want to get that game. xD Anyway, I'll take that as a compliment.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 01-22-2012, 08:42 PM

BASE TIME! =O

I haven't yet polished it, but I really wanted to post it just in case I forget about it and never finish it up. There's 2 arm poses & one without arms (for those who want to make their own) and a shaded and unshaded version.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 01-25-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHayleyDoll View Post
BASE TIME! =O

I haven't yet polished it, but I really wanted to post it just in case I forget about it and never finish it up. There's 2 arm poses & one without arms (for those who want to make their own) and a shaded and unshaded version.
Welcome back Haley, It's nice to see you dolling again
I love the bases you made and i hope to use them one day, The one with the hand on hip needs a little editing, it's a bit small other then that they are great, I also love your army camo doll great job with that and Aaron I have seen that hair style in Skyrim when I was creating my "Wood elf thief" character, created her about one month ago and havent had time to play
(#10 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 01-29-2012, 04:11 AM

Lol, thanks. Yeah, they aren't the final product, but I get really frustrated with bases and I was too fed up with them to finish - especially the one with the hand on the hip. I've never been good with hands, pixelling or sketching them. =/

2 (or 4...?) new dolls!

My contest entry - possibly unfinished. I reallllly wanted to do a background since I didn't do one last time, but I couldn't think of a way to do one for it that would work with all of the different ones. I decided to use just 4 palettes (for cohesion) and make them all associated with jobs that would be difficult without seeing/hearing/speaking. Thus, Speak No Evil is supposed to be a lead singer in a rock band, the See No Evil an artist, and the Hear No Evil a waitress (had a hard time thinking of a better occupation for it xD). The Hear No Evil one is my least favourite, mainly because I really like the other two. ^_^

Base by CCG (21) Fantasies

Self portrait doll. I'm going to make a full=doll tutorial with it..... if I get around to that.

Base by 1995RunAway on deviantART