Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Hand Drawn (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/hand-drawn/)
-   -   Hayley's Handrawns 4: Return of the Pixel Art (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/hand-drawn/23094-hayleys-handrawns-4-return-pixel-art.html)

TheHayleyDoll 01-05-2012 01:52 PM

Hayley's Handrawns 4: Return of the Pixel Art

My old thread is, well, old. It's also over 50 pages long and many images don't show up anymore. Time for a fresh start.

Honestly, in my time away from TDP, I didn't really pixel much, so there isn't much of an update to show you. I think I have 2 dolls to show, although one I'm not sure if I showed it previously or not. It was posted on deviantart over a year ago. The second one was in mid-July of this year.

Nicki Minaj in much more casual attire than she generally wears now. Nowadays she dresses more in Lady Gaga-esque strange fashion. :lol: Base by Aerieyena on deviantART

Chell, from the Portal games. I played those during my absence and I must say - BEST GAMES EVER. It's not my greatest creation (particularly the pants) but I like the upper-half of her body and her hair. =P Base by 1995RunAway on deviantART

I'm gonna go pixel some more because my update is beyond depressing. The above doll was my only COMPLETED doll this year. >_>

Kiwi_Kat 01-05-2012 03:01 PM

It's great to have you back Hayley!

I really love the vibrant colors on the Nicki Minaj doll. It really captures her eccentric style.

TheHayleyDoll 01-05-2012 05:28 PM

Thanks, kiwi, it's nice to be back, and thanks for commenting. =D

I call her, Unfinished. :lol: I got down to the last pant leg, and when I zoomed out, I thought, "That actually looks pretty interesting." So, I went back and whited some of the rest of the doll. I'm going to finish that pant leg and add any extra touches too her later I think, but for now, I kinda like it. =P

I can't remember where I found the base. I must have deleted the link I put in paint before I saved it last time I worked on it because it was gone along with all my progress steps. >_< I'll go find it now, and edit that in later tonight.

Also, I did all this on a laptop without a mouse or even a stable table. Be jealous. XD That being said, colours all look slightly brighter on the laptop, so if it looks a little odd colour-wise, (like the contrast is too much/too little, etc) that may be the issue.

TheHayleyDoll 01-05-2012 06:05 PM

Can't edit it in because Firefox is DUMB LIKE THAT. Jk. I like firefox except it doesn't like this website.... Anyway, base is by mariiiis-dolls on deviantART

TheHayleyDoll 01-07-2012 07:17 PM

Finished another doll, yay.

Army camo. =D The top, although hard to tell with the strap covering up a considerable amount, is camouflage. Her head is half shaved because it looks cooler that way and seemed more army-esqe. Base by Aerieyena on deviantART

Gonna go pixel up a Disney Princess doll for the contest now!

DONE. :lol:

I did Ariel. I think she turned out alright. I like her tail, and her hair I liked more when it was just an outline, but obviously it had to be shaded. =P

Base by *DEAC loves you.

AaronShadows 01-18-2012 09:43 AM

The soldier's hair reminds me of a hairstyle selectable by both genders in Skyrim.

TheHayleyDoll 01-18-2012 12:14 PM

I really want to get that game. xD Anyway, I'll take that as a compliment.

TheHayleyDoll 01-22-2012 08:42 PM

BASE TIME! =O

I haven't yet polished it, but I really wanted to post it just in case I forget about it and never finish it up. There's 2 arm poses & one without arms (for those who want to make their own) and a shaded and unshaded version.

Aussiemum777 01-25-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHayleyDoll (Post 956157)
BASE TIME! =O

I haven't yet polished it, but I really wanted to post it just in case I forget about it and never finish it up. There's 2 arm poses & one without arms (for those who want to make their own) and a shaded and unshaded version.

Welcome back Haley, It's nice to see you dolling again:D
I love the bases you made and i hope to use them one day, The one with the hand on hip needs a little editing, it's a bit small other then that they are great, I also love your army camo doll great job with that and Aaron I have seen that hair style in Skyrim when I was creating my "Wood elf thief" character, created her about one month ago and havent had time to play:cry:

TheHayleyDoll 01-29-2012 04:11 AM

Lol, thanks. Yeah, they aren't the final product, but I get really frustrated with bases and I was too fed up with them to finish - especially the one with the hand on the hip. I've never been good with hands, pixelling or sketching them. =/

2 (or 4...?) new dolls!

My contest entry - possibly unfinished. I reallllly wanted to do a background since I didn't do one last time, but I couldn't think of a way to do one for it that would work with all of the different ones. I decided to use just 4 palettes (for cohesion) and make them all associated with jobs that would be difficult without seeing/hearing/speaking. Thus, Speak No Evil is supposed to be a lead singer in a rock band, the See No Evil an artist, and the Hear No Evil a waitress (had a hard time thinking of a better occupation for it xD). The Hear No Evil one is my least favourite, mainly because I really like the other two. ^_^

Base by CCG (21) Fantasies

Self portrait doll. I'm going to make a full=doll tutorial with it..... if I get around to that. :lol:

Base by 1995RunAway on deviantART