Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 02-21-2012, 08:04 PM

Base by mariiis-dolls@devianart.com I forget who/what she was supposed to be...

Base by CCG (21) Fantasies It's Sally the Ghost from my favourite show, the Syfy Network's version of Being Human.

Contest entry to MY OWN CONTEST. GO ENTER NOW BEFORE I HURT YOU ALL. She's a clown. CLOWNS ARE KILLERS. O_O

Base, you ask? RIGHT HERE:

My most recent base, Mila. I also included two of my old bases, with edited faces/skin tones.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-21-2012, 08:14 PM

Clowns are scary. O.o I love the way you do hair, tho; my hair always looks so sucky. -.-

Could you comment on my latest doll, pleeeez?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-22-2012, 11:58 AM

Clowns. Are. Evil. I actually really, really want to enter your contest, buuuuut....the clothing I am trying to draw looks like ca-rap. By the way, I've seen a couple episodes of that show. Looks interesting; I really like what you did with that mysterious door.

I so want to use that base for...something....it looks great!

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#14 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 02-22-2012, 03:37 PM

Bella, go ahead and enter it anyway! I'm sure it's not that bad, and you currently have no competition. I just don't want the contests to die out again because most of my dolls are contest entries. Also, thanks! I worked pretty hard on it. =P

Miranda, thank you. Hair is always my favourite part. I'll go comment on yours now. ^_^

EDIT: SPEAKING OF HAIR...

I suppose I could have explained more, but pictures are worth a thousand words and I explained what I think is most important.

Shirt tutorial. =D

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 02-22-2012 at 07:33 PM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-08-2012, 07:46 PM

I have the other tutorial parts nearing completion, but I made a self-portrait doll, in the mean time. Decided my other recent self-portrait doesn't look like me since I dramatically changed my hair style.

Other than the hair, it's a pretty basic and boring doll. I promise something more exciting to come. =P

Base by wish04 on deviantART

New Base!

(#16 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 03-09-2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHayleyDoll View Post

Base by mariiis-dolls@devianart.com I forget who/what she was supposed to be...
A hooker, by the looks of it, LOL, sorry, couldn't help myself. Just dropping by to say I love the clown you drew! That hair is crazy-awesome!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#17 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-09-2012, 04:30 PM

Wow, it does look like a hooker now that you mention it. I just realized that doll has no shoes... Whoops. xD

NEW BASE! For those of you thinking, "When will the horror end?", the answer is NEVER!!! >=D

Portrait base! If you use it, follow standard base rules. ^_^
(#18 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-11-2012, 05:08 AM

HOW COME NO ONE COMMENTS?? RAWRR!

Anyway...

My entry for the handdrawn contest. I really like her fin ears and her hair. =D Colours might need editing, since is seems like there's either a problem on my laptop or my desktop - colours have a more dull look on the laptop (I did this doll on my laptop).

EDIT: Yeah, on my desktop I couldn't see any shading on the fin. It was too bright. Apparently everything is brighter on the desktop, and because that was already very bright on the laptop, it brightened t to absolutely white. How odd.

EDIT2: Oh, I haven't posted this base yet.... Well I did, technically, years ago, since it's a REMAKE! ... God, I should make a seperate thread for just my bases. I am on FIRE lately!

It's the remake of my first (I think it was my first....) base. My "Rock N' Roll" base! Now it's called Mimi and Marcus, has only one skintone, but two poses for both female AND MALE! As for my edits (not including the brand new male poses), I changed the skin tone, edited the entire face, made the head slightly less alien-esque, and edited the original fullbody female base's upper body. Anyone interested in the original one (either to compare or to use... for some strange reason... here's a link: http://www.iaza.com/work/120311C/iaza16591840502600.png )

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 03-11-2012 at 05:54 AM.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 03-11-2012, 09:39 AM

Because you're about to ruin someone's good looks over it, I shall comment.

Mermaid: If she's underwater, then shouldn't her hair flow freely? I think the tail's scales should be shinier, with high contrast between bright and dull. You could have done the entire tail like that or shaded each scale individually. I love the background- I suck at them, myself.

Bases: Nice, but all your bases I know of are artistically out of proportion. Why not try to make something bigger and more realistic? I don't think that realistic human figures would be any trouble for you.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#20 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-11-2012, 10:12 AM

Thanks for the comment, I guess. Nothing nice to say though? Ouch.

The mermaid follows my general shading style, so I'm happy with the way it's shaded currently. Although it was better before I had to change it, because of my laptop-brightness issues, the whole inside of the tail looked white when I looked at it on my desktop computer, and I had to quick-fix it. The hair.... I wasn't originally going to put her underwater, and I don't think I'd like her much with the super-flowey-water-hair, but I will perhaps made a version with it, for your liking. Perhaps you are correct. =P

I'm not going to change my bases because they aren't realistic, mainly because, once again it's my style, and two, not many bases are realistically proportioned (not many of the ones I like at least). BUT, once again, I suppose I could try to make one for my next base. I just made 3 bases within a couple days, so I'mma take a little break on them.... maybe. ^_^

Once again, despite disagreeing, I will take some of your advice, and thanks for commenting because no one does. >_<