Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Hand Drawn (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/hand-drawn/)
-   -   Tell me what you think (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/hand-drawn/22731-tell-me-what-you-think.html)

Mehh 12-05-2010 01:35 AM

Tell me what you think

In one long night, I've done these two dolls. What do you think? Be honest :D

bases: Apitchou
palettes:Pix Paradise

Aussiemum777 12-05-2010 07:06 AM

Cute hairstyle on the portrait, It suits it well, I think you went a bit silly and overdid the highlights in the hair especially in the fringe, in saying that you are definatly on the right track to dolling great hair, I really like it.
The top of the dress around the bossom area needs to curve with the curves if ya know what I mean, the dress is a little too straight across the top, also I would use a colour pallette with more depth, a colour pallette with 5 or 6 shades is what I use.
The little doll is soo cute! I think you did a wonderful job on her, one thing you need to do is work on your shading technique, the shading on the skirt is a little off and again a better colour pallette would probably fix it, that style of shading suits you, I use it sometimes myself.

Well done and keep drawing:) Hopefully we will see an entry from you in one of the handrawn contests, Miranda has a Christmassy one going atm:wink:

AaronShadows 12-17-2010 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussiemum777 (Post 930898)
Cute hairstyle on the portrait, It suits it well, I think you went a bit silly and overdid the highlights in the hair especially in the fringe, in saying that you are definatly on the right track to dolling great hair, I really like it.
The top of the dress around the bossom area needs to curve with the curves if ya know what I mean, the dress is a little too straight across the top, also I would use a colour pallette with more depth, a colour pallette with 5 or 6 shades is what I use.
The little doll is soo cute! I think you did a wonderful job on her, one thing you need to do is work on your shading technique, the shading on the skirt is a little off and again a better colour pallette would probably fix it, that style of shading suits you, I use it sometimes myself.

Well done and keep drawing:) Hopefully we will see an entry from you in one of the handrawn contests, Miranda has a Christmassy one going atm:wink:

I agree with most of this, but I think the shading on the hair (covering the head) is perfect. Meanwhile, the shading on the bun could darken a little towards the ends of the "highlight halo", while the fringe should have a more horizontal than verticle highlight line. Ideally, I would start at the top right corner of the fringe, then progress towards the bottom left.

Mehh 12-22-2010 03:13 PM

My latest handdrawns (:

I'd like you to tell me what you think of the hairstyles, mostly.

This one is a self portrait. I've curly messy short hair, and it isn't that long but I couldn't make it any shorter without it being displeasing to my taste lol. Also, my hair is darker. I own that sweater, it's baggier irl. I'm very proud of that sweater :D
♥ base

I wanted to try making jeans for this doll. The jean palettes are so lovely, and impossible to resist lol. Tell me what you think of her jeans! And her hair.
♥ base

The girl here, is candy cane inspired! I craved one and this is what come from it! I didn't want it to be too literal, with stripes and such. That would be a little tacky, tbh. Tell me what you think of her dress, specifically the way it falls, something doesn't seem to be right.
♥ base